Page 94 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2464

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...VmyEmuTug&s=19

I don't know what to think about this answer
    It's simple. Ben is not going to be fixed anytime soon. We may have to wait another hundred years for the real Ben Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    It's simple. Ben is not going to be fixed anytime soon. We may have to wait another hundred years for the real Ben Reilly.
    Okay, I'm officially sick of this. All he did was clarify that "He's not a Venom clone" and we already have people jumping to conclusions like "Ben will NEVER be fixed" or that Nick hates Ben. Can we fucking stop? We haven't even gotten to see the first real arc of Ben as Chasm yet, people. We don't know what exactly his deal is, we don't know what his character is like, and we don't know his motivations (besides presumably hating Peter I guess). For all we know he could be manipulated by Madelyne Pryor, the Beyond goo thing could be effecting him, etc etc ETC. Can we AT LEAST wait and see what the deal is with Chasm before coming up with our conclusions? Come on. This is getting ridiculous. They haven't even had a chance yet. I would greatly prefer if Ben had stayed a hero, but I'm not gonna stay salty about what they did to him. What's done is done and I'm gonna wait and see what they do with him before I go and say "Marvel ruined Ben Reilly forever". Jeez.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

His name is Chasm now

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Okay, I'm officially sick of this.
    Well, you can, you have the right to feel this way. I'm just sick of them turning Ben into the villain (Clone Conspiracy), then fixing him, and then turning him again (BR:SS), fixing him again, and turning into villain yet again (Chasm).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    His name is Chasm now
    Madelyne calls him Ben.

Well, you can, you have the right to feel this way. I'm just sick of them turning Ben into the villain (Clone Conspiracy), then fixing him, and then turning him again (BR:SS), fixing him again, and turning into villain yet again (Chasm).
    That's fair, and I do agree, I'm just not a fan of making assumptions before we've even gotten to see what they're going to do with the character. That being said I apologize for being too harsh. I shouldn't have gone off on you like that

Astonishing Member

I'd just like a hint of what Ben's powers and motivations and motivations are now. I guess is another mystery box now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...VmyEmuTug&s=19

I don't know what to think about this answer
    I can see that, even early Venom in his insanity and hypocrisy made more sense than Chasm .

Okay, I'm officially sick of this. All he did was clarify that "He's not a Venom clone" and we already have people jumping to conclusions like "Ben will NEVER be fixed" or that Nick hates Ben. Can we fucking stop? We haven't even gotten to see the first real arc of Ben as Chasm yet, people. We don't know what exactly his deal is, we don't know what his character is like, and we don't know his motivations (besides presumably hating Peter I guess). For all we know he could be manipulated by Madelyne Pryor, the Beyond goo thing could be effecting him, etc etc ETC. Can we AT LEAST wait and see what the deal is with Chasm before coming up with our conclusions? Come on. This is getting ridiculous. They haven't even had a chance yet. I would greatly prefer if Ben had stayed a hero, but I'm not gonna stay salty about what they did to him. What's done is done and I'm gonna wait and see what they do with him before I go and say "Marvel ruined Ben Reilly forever". Jeez.
    I'm not exactly sure Madelyne would be the one messing with him, considering that in that Free Comic Book preview, it seemed she was the one making a pitch to get him interested by showing off her powers, sounds like she wants a regular partnership.

Why in the **** hell Madelyne would care about teaming up with Ben is beyond me though, they have similarities but, what does he offer? Why would she even care about messing with Spidey too? Is she just bored after becoming queen of Limbo or somethin'? Lol.

Now that I think of it though, while I doubt she's messing with his head, she could be retconned to have done so, and it wouldn't be the first time she's used for that too, back in Uncanny X-Men, Cyke was becoming lousy as a leader, and there were reasonings for that, but a while later that was retconned into Madelyne messing with his head... But again, I see no reason why Madelyne would care that much about Ben to begin with, oh well, time will tell.

Madelyne calls him Ben.
    Now I'm imagining Ben ending the partnership immediately because she did that, would be a great way to do the classic "Subvert our expectactions" .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

"He's nothing like Venom. Venom was a good villain!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pretty much this. Yeah, we've got every right to be pissed off with this development, but the great thing about mainstream superhero comics is that no status quo, no matter how hated or loved, lasts indefinitely, so we just have to outlast current (mis)management.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can't imagine being so pissed about a comic that I'd tweet the editor to fix a character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I can't imagine being so pissed about a comic that I'd tweet the editor to fix a character.
    Hmm, yeah?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

venom almost rhymes with chasm

checkmate mr lowe
    troo fan or death

BANNED

I wouldn't be so sure. The backlash has been pretty huge. That caused them to quickly reverse course in the past. I honestly don't expect this Chasm thing to last too long. I know Marvel sucks sometimes, but I keep thinking about how quickly they jettisoned the new Scarlet Spider costume, explained Ben's insanity and set him on a path to redemption and ultimately "fixed" him in Spider-Geddon, all due to fan backlash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. The backlash has been pretty huge. That caused them to quickly reverse course in the past. I honestly don't expect this Chasm thing to last too long. I know Marvel sucks sometimes, but I keep thinking about how quickly they jettisoned the new Scarlet Spider costume, explained Ben's insanity and set him on a path to redemption and ultimately "fixed" him in Spider-Geddon, all due to fan backlash.
    I have the following fear:
    Dark Web sells pretty well and Marvel thinks they made the right choice w/Ben
    Or
    Dark Web sells poorly and Marvel thinks that Ben doesn't move books and leave him as he is now because they don't care anymore

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    How do you know how pissed off was that guy?