Page 97 of 165 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2464
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Well, to be honest, Ben Reilly as a non-clone could work if Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was meant to stick in the main MCU universe. It's not a clone thing, but the concepts of a fresh start, scrapping the former life and wanting to create a new one is still there. Andrew's Peter choosing the "Ben Reilly" name makes sense.

I don't think we'll ever get the "real" Ben Reilly in the live actions movies.
    I had thought about that too when I watched the last movie. I’d accept that possibility too. I could see Garfield fitting in the Ben role perfectly.

BANNED

Now that he's back, will Dan Slott write Chasm over in the Spider-Man ongoing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I had thought about that too when I watched the last movie. I’d accept that possibility too. I could see Garfield fitting in the Ben role perfectly.
    I think part of why I always liked Garfield as Spidey is that he reminded me of Ben a bit. He seemed to be a bit more angry and brooding, a bit more confident.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I think part of why I always liked Garfield as Spidey is that he reminded me of Ben a bit. He seemed to be a bit more angry and brooding, a bit more confident.
    Interesting point there. I would think a lot of the people who wrote him off as "Peter, but blond" didn't understand how different life experiences could shape a person's self-view and view of the world around them, regardless of how they started out or where they started from. Despite Ben being a genetically and physically identical clone of Peter, his life experiences from the point he first came out of that cloning chamber were vastly different from Peter's. He was adrift, wandering the country in search of a sense of identity, purpose, and worth outside of his memories of being Peter Parker, even if those memories would influence his overall psychological and moral/ethical foundation, and that search led his character to evolve in ways that Peter hadn't (and maybe wouldn't), as well as to serve as a commentary on Peter's development.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Ben gets a mention in ASM#5 today, Felicia refers to what happened to him as an 'accident' and believes it's that which has broken Peter's mind and body.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ben gets a mention in ASM#5 today, Felicia refers to what happened to him as an 'accident' and believes it's that which has broken Peter's mind and body.
    Well , she's surely trying to be careful with her wording

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Well , she's surely trying to be careful with her wording
    Indeed, but it's nice to see him acknowledged, at least.

Astonishing Member

Apparently Lyle Cruse (art director for Sony's spider-verse ) posted this one in his IG.
    20220710_170348.jpg

Apparently Lyle Cruse (art director for Sony's spider-verse ) posted this one in his IG.
    20220710_170348.jpg
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

BANNED

20220710_170348.jpg
    I remember that a very Ben Reilly-ish symbol briefly flashed across the screen in the brief preview. I've been hoping we'll get to see him!

BANNED

So once again, while 616 tries to force upon us an impression of what Ben Reilly isn't, blessed Lord and Miller give us what the fans actually want. The hope at the very least is that this forces Marvel's hand to revert Ben next year.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Holy hell, this made my day! *thwip* *thwip*

BANNED

So once again, while 616 tries to force upon us an impression of what Ben Reilly isn't, blessed Lord and Miller give us what the fans actually want. The hope at the very least is that this forces Marvel's hand to revert Ben next year.
    At the very least, we'll at least get to see a version of Ben that's who he should be out there in the multiverse.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if it's real guys. I don't have an IG account to check