Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 1,291 to 1,301 of 1301

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Just call him Wyvern. I mean it plays off the Drake=Dragons thing.
    It's clever.
    Have him go to college and actually find his space in a new city while trying to develop/reconnect with his civilian life. Basically Red Robin but in college.
    I'm up for that.

I wanted him to be more cyberpunk and become Mr. Wax/the Arkitek but that works too.

I'd just ditch the Robin and Red Robin mantles.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2022 at 02:57 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Screen rant ran an article on a reddit user who created a new costume and suggested a new name for Tim....the Grey Ghost. I've been a fan of Tim using it for some time and one of the names I have suggested since we started talking about Tim getting a new codename. Not crazy about the costume, but it's a good start.

https://screenrant.com/tim-drake-fan...G_6Ril3otcDEPY
    Not at all a fan of the costume. Like, at all. But I'm of the same opinion regarding the ID.

I think it's an easy sell, too. You could take the B:TAS approach and have the Ghost be a serial character from way back whom Bruce was a fan of. Then you tie in some stuff about how Tim and his dad used to watch the show together when he was little. Basically, tie it to both of his dads. It's a way to honor both Bruce and Jack and the things that made him what he is, but get him out from the Robin mold.

Personally, I'd like to see Tim keep the hat from the B:TAS look, but redesign the rest of the costume. It would give him a distinct profile amongst the Batfam that would be instantly recognizable even without color. Plenty of gadgets that could tie in to the whole ghost theme, depending on how hard you want to sell it and how theatrical you want him to get with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    That's a no. You know people gonna call him "Gay Ghost."
    The Gay Ghost was a golden age DC character.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Just call him Wyvern. I mean it plays off the Drake=Dragons thing.
    It's clever.
    Very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    The Gay Ghost was a golden age DC character.

Very clever.
    He is the one they fear, Dovahkin!
    "Fus Roh Dah!"

I liked the gray ghost homage. Wasn't there is a Gray Ghost character in Steph's Batgirl series?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Not at all a fan of the costume. Like, at all. But I'm of the same opinion regarding the ID.

I think it's an easy sell, too. You could take the B:TAS approach and have the Ghost be a serial character from way back whom Bruce was a fan of. Then you tie in some stuff about how Tim and his dad used to watch the show together when he was little. Basically, tie it to both of his dads. It's a way to honor both Bruce and Jack and the things that made him what he is, but get him out from the Robin mold.

Personally, I'd like to see Tim keep the hat from the B:TAS look, but redesign the rest of the costume. It would give him a distinct profile amongst the Batfam that would be instantly recognizable even without color. Plenty of gadgets that could tie in to the whole ghost theme, depending on how hard you want to sell it and how theatrical you want him to get with it.
    um...if Grey Ghost was a serial character, then wouldn't he be trademarked? Could/Would Tim be sued for stealing someone else's IP?

um...if Grey Ghost was a serial character, then wouldn't he be trademarked? Could/Would Tim be sued for stealing someone else's IP?
    He might’ve slipped into public domain so Tim could be protected by fair use. But that's a subplot worth exploring.

Alpha had a pitch for Tim taking on the name Ghostlight or Gaslighter so I'd use that here.

Mighty Member

He's a vigilante who goes out and beats up people at night without any kind of actual authority or oversight and this is really what you're worried about?

I don't mind fanfics where Tim is the focus or a supporting character. I'm just tired of coffee being mentioned whenever he makes an appearance in one.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The day history was made (no matter how many people try to downplay/ignore it).