Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Nah, they don’t have to do that. When does DC ever care about continuity anyway? It would be fine.

If Tim’s gonna have a boyfriend let’s get rid of Bernard and Tim can date Bunker.
    Bunker is not white and blonde though so people wouldn't go as gaga like they did with Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Bunker is not white and blonde though so people wouldn't go as gaga like they did with Bernard.
    Oof, hitting me with the hard truth there! Especially since this writer is writing for Tumblr. Well, shoot.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Tim was in Task Force Z this week where he was treated like a b**ch to make Jason look good. Cassandra as well.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Talking about Tim and Bernard's relationship, the last chapter of Batman Wayne Family Adventures is about their relationship and dating! Has anyone here read it?

https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...&episode_no=40

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Talking about Tim and Bernard's relationship, the last chapter of Batman Wayne Family Adventures is about their relationship and dating! Has anyone here read it?

The fact they don't even hint at Timsteph and keep everything between Tim and Steph platonic (huge disservice to both characters in a comic which seems more less based of the mainstream versions of them and wants to give people the essentials of who they are as their romance was a huge part of their development) but include Bernard when his relationship with Tim is barely a thing and in a two-parter called better and brighter annoys me beyond belief (and confirms they are throwing Timsteph under the bus to shill Bernard and acting like it is more important than his relationship with Steph to understand who Tim is which is not only completely untrue but way to early to even imply that). WFA really is just a tumblr fanfiction. I thought they wanted to wait until he got fleshed out more but then again they know how much webtoon loves two white boys together. I guess when properly motivated WFA can be innovative with new characters. I wish they used this with a supposed main character and Batfamily member instead of making them bland just to highlight the others (cough Duke, Luke). Also the fact he appears before Jace Fox is absurd. He even gets to appear on the episode title screen before Luke.
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 05-25-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Oof, hitting me with the hard truth there! Especially since this writer is writing for Tumblr. Well, shoot.
    Which writer? Do you mean Fitzmartin? If so that explains a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tim was in Task Force Z this week where he was treated like a b**ch to make Jason look good. Cassandra as well.
    I guess some things never change .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

Well, you can definitely tell what kind of audience they're trying to write for with this.

(Also that is the most Kate's wig has looked like a wig to me in comic form).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess some things never change .

Well, you can definitely tell what kind of audience they're trying to write for with this.

(Also that is the most Kate's wig has looked like a wig to me in comic form).
    Which audience? Twitter, Tumlbr, Webtoon, AO3 shippers?

Mighty Member

So, not to completely ignore the ongoing conversation, but does anyone know if Sean Murphy has said anything in interviews or pr spots about Tim's status in the White Knight continuity?

He definitely exists, he was mention in Beyond the White Knight #1 (and depicted, along with Dick and Barbara, in a look that called back to TAS) but he hasn't actually appeared in any of the stories thus far. His fate could directly mirror his Animated Series counterpart, I suppose, but with Jason's history with the Joker more or less intact that would be a pretty major retread. He's clearly not going to be a character that gets used anywhere obvious, what with the leap in time to Neo-Gotham and Terry as Beyond. But I'm curious where his life took him in this incarnation. Did he quit Robin for some reason? Did he move on to something else?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Todd Scott -Obsidian (Was one of the first characters to come out as gay. Whole thing wit Atom Smasher happened too)
    His name is Todd RICE, not Scott. His mother, the villainness Thorn, gave him and his sister (Jade) up for adoption (Alan hadn't even known she was pregnant), and they were adopted separately, hence, they don't have the same surname as Alan or each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Few things

Tim Drake has never met bunker. Bunker was in a team with a guy who stole money from Penguin and whose real name wasn't Tim Drake.

Jackson Hyde debuted in Damian's TT so he wasn't a part of Tim's team from earlier.
    That was Tim, but he definitely had some fake memories due to what we later learned was Doctor Manhattan's interference, both he and Cassie Sandsmark had seemingly been mindwiped because of it and forgot they knew each other. A lot of New 52 Teen Titans still happened, though Superboy's involvement is questionable since New 52 Kon is NOT Conner. Detective Comics Rebirth undid the New 52 changes and restored Tim's original origin.

Jackson did actually debut towards the end of pre-Flashpoint Aquaman. You're right that he didn't meet Tim at the time though. There was plans for him to join the Teen Titans, but it was scuppered by the New 52 reboot. Then he was brought back in the Rebirth Teen Titans run. And later joined Bendis's Young Justice (at the same time as Sideways, Spoiler and Arrowette), so yes, he HAS been on a team with Tim.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So, not to completely ignore the ongoing conversation, but does anyone know if Sean Murphy has said anything in interviews or pr spots about Tim's status in the White Knight continuity?

He definitely exists, he was mention in Beyond the White Knight #1 (and depicted, along with Dick and Barbara, in a look that called back to TAS) but he hasn't actually appeared in any of the stories thus far. His fate could directly mirror his Animated Series counterpart, I suppose, but with Jason's history with the Joker more or less intact that would be a pretty major retread. He's clearly not going to be a character that gets used anywhere obvious, what with the leap in time to Neo-Gotham and Terry as Beyond. But I'm curious where his life took him in this incarnation. Did he quit Robin for some reason? Did he move on to something else?

Thoughts?
    He could've quit and joined the private sector as a civilian. He probably has a normal life. A fun angle would be him in witness protection.

You know I think that the Wayne Family Adventures suit should be Tim’s main universe one. It’s a nice mix of his Red Robin suit (pre-flashpoint) and his one year later suit,
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I think that the Wayne Family Adventures suit should be Tim’s main universe one. It’s a nice mix of his Red Robin suit (pre-flashpoint) and his one year later suit,

Nah this should be his main:

MARU RED ROBIN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Nah this should be his main:

MARU RED ROBIN.jpg
    I can dig it .

So that's basically his pre-Flashpoint suit with the New 52 mask, right?

Though with Damian wearing a completely different look right now, it doesn't matter that Tim's wearing a classic Robin look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman