Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

That also seems to be the same belt Damian used to wear - but it's definitely supposed to be Tim.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

It feels like a Damian costume retrofitted for Tim mostly by changing the R. Too much black, not enough green, Frank Quitely mask and hooded cape.

Hopefully by the end of this run Tim transitions into something past Robin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Hopefully by the end of this run Tim transitions into something past Robin
    He has. Twice. It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    He has. Twice. It doesn't work.
    Pre-52, yes it worked. The Reboot getting rid of Tim's history is what destroyed it. As for the 'Drake' attempt... there really was no story build leading up to it. So, I wouldn't count that. It can work, just requires a plan that comes next with a new identity.

Using his surname as his hero name when he has a secret identity was a terrible idea. Come to think of it, former Green Arrow Connor Hawke was referred to as Hawke in the current Robin book. If his identity isn't public he needs a new name as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Pre-52, yes it worked. The Reboot getting rid of Tim's history is what destroyed it.
    "Red Robin" is a pathetic attempt to move on from "Robin" though. Nightwing wasn't "Blue & Yellow Robin". Jason Todd wasn't "Robin in a Helmet". Hell, Steph wasn't "Purple Robin".

That's a variant, doesn't mean anything. Jorge's cover for 125 has Tim in his normal suit.

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...-july#/slide/1
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaXlJtJM..._web_copy_link

Ortega posted this on instagram. I don’t have an instagram so I hope that this link is good. ^^;;
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Incredible Member

I'm really happy Tim will be in the main Batman book as a regular. Finally, all the Robins seem to be in a good place.
    However, at the same time, I must admit that Tim being relegated to Robin and a sidekick again is... concerning.

Damian is recently drawn as older, more mature, fighting against Deathstroke, having his own adventures. He's a completely independent hero right now, when Tim seems to be back to being a sidekick.
    I think it may be best for Tim to get back to what he was good at, and remind us why he's likable and important, but at the same time, it's concerning that Damian seems like the one who's able to hold his own book and even graduate from Robin easily when Tim still clings to that mantle and to being Robin to Bruce.

Or is that just me?

batman 125.jpg
    shadow war.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    "Red Robin" is a pathetic attempt to move on from "Robin" though. Nightwing wasn't "Blue & Yellow Robin". Jason Todd wasn't "Robin in a Helmet". Hell, Steph wasn't "Purple Robin".
    You're thinking strictly about the 'name'. Tim Pre-52 had a purpose beyond just being Bruce's aid, and it fit nicely with where his journey lead him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I'm really happy Tim will be in the main Batman book as a regular. Finally, all the Robins seem to be in a good place.
    However, at the same time, I must admit that Tim being relegated to Robin and a sidekick again is... concerning.

Damian is recently drawn as older, more mature, fighting against Deathstroke, having his own adventures. He's a completely independent hero right now, when Tim seems to be back to being a sidekick.
    I think it may be best for Tim to get back to what he was good at, and remind us why he's likable and important, but at the same time, it's concerning that Damian seems like the one who's able to hold his own book and even graduate from Robin easily when Tim still clings to that mantle and to being Robin to Bruce.

Or is that just me?

batman 125.jpg
    shadow war.jpg
    If we're going by function, you're completely right. Robin is supposed to be Batman's partner, and that's just not something we have seen from Damian on a consistent basis

Incredible Member

If we're going by function, you're completely right. Robin is supposed to be Batman's partner, and that's just not something we have seen from Damian on a consistent basis
    But doesn't it kind of cement Tim as the one who can't move on from Robin when his younger 14 years old brother is the independent hero having his own book and solo adventures?
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but just looking at Tim and Damian's covers side by side makes me concerned.

Extraordinary Member

True they have dissolved the partnership

Damian been doing his own thing for the last 7 years. But I feel as if Batman and Robin peaked with Dick and Damian anyway

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Tim is the perfect Robin for Bruce as Damian is the perfect one for Dick.
    Father & son is not what Batman & Robin is supposed to be.