Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1301
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    With regards to Tim's niche's do people think that these ones might be too similar to Bruce?
    Not lately. Ever since Batman Inc went public and the Snyder-Tynion combo of burning Gotham every story arc, Bruce and Batman's life have been connected in a way that juggling every day life isn't an issue anymore. Batman is Bruce's business, and Bruce is okay being consumed by Batman. He's not trying to disconnect it from his life.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not lately. Ever since Batman Inc went public and the Snyder-Tynion combo of burning Gotham every story arc, Bruce and Batman's life have been connected in a way that juggling every day life isn't an issue anymore. Batman is Bruce's business, and Bruce is okay being consumed by Batman. He's not trying to disconnect it from his life.
    Well to be more specific I meant with regards to the chessmaster/detective angle for Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Well to be more specific I meant with regards to the chessmaster/detective angle for Tim.
    I think for his two previous niches… still no, it’s not too similar to Bruce’s. I’d argue a lot of that came down to personality and to a compensating imbalance in Tim’s skills compared to Bruce.

Bruce has always been portrayed as a “peak human condition”/“world’s greatest fighter” type who, if he did get outfoxed or in too deep on an investigation, could just badass his way out of it and hold his ground, and even his BatGod mode tends to be portrayed as reactive rather than active - he makes contingency plans or seeks to match another mastermind when the game begins.

Tim’s two niches didn’t have that - his first niche as the Everyman Robin emphasized his comparatively much more humble and limited physical skills to put more pressure on him to think on his feet for a fight (like distracting King Snake with a whistling stick for an all-or-nothing attack) or else he’d get his ass kicked, and his second niche as the a Chessmaster retained much of his physical disadvantages but put a lot more emphasis on him actively planning and initiating schemes himself (like sabotaging Ra’s Al Ghul entire operation and setting up multiple criminals to be taken down through schemes.)

Of course, it requires competent writing to focus on those kinds of things, and avoid just making him Batman-lite. Tim’s a lot like Dick in that way - both can struggle if a more mediocre writer just tries to write their mediocre Batman stories instead.

No, it’s not like Jason, who can have a thoroughly mediocre writer like Scott Lobdell just write him like a 90’s Anti-Hero throwback ‘cause he’s got guns… but I would say that Damian’s had a small number of writers who’ve demonstrated a similar issue of just making him “conventional Robin.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Tim was in Urban Legends this week and Future State Tim is in Future State Gotham #16 this week.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tim was in Urban Legends this week and Future State Tim is in Future State Gotham #16 this week.
    Thank you for the Urban Legends advise, I would never picked it up.
    It's always great having some Batman & Robin action. As a backup story is really enjoyable and reminds me of the good old times.

Incredible Member

by Maru Davalos
    FJbOq6YWQAYs9GP.jpg

Incredible Member

by Maru Davalos
    Tim and Steph getting married
    uum8rtg783h91.jpg

Adorable

And sad .

Tim's Pride Special debuted at no 117

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...ales-rankings/

Incredible Member

Tim & Steph
    FFZvGAXXsAEyn5f.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Yeah. That seems a pretty bad position.

That said, everything (except Batman and Nightwing) seems pretty low for the Batfamily and DC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. That seems a pretty bad position.

That said, everything (except Batman and Nightwing) seems pretty low for the Batfamily and DC.

Dark Crisis YJ isn't doing so hot as well. I wonder how the solo will do.

Gotta ask, BTAS Tim Drake; like him? Or did him having so many elements of Jason skew the comics version (or vice versa) for you?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Gotta ask, BTAS Tim Drake; like him? Or did him having so many elements of Jason skew the comics version (or vice versa) for you?
    I tend to just chalk him up as Jason with the wrong name - and honestly, as a kid I liked comic-Tim better for having such a different personality from the BTAS version. Jason and BTAS Tim are intentionally a bit abrasive and cocky, and I like that in certain contexts… but it works better as the rebellious prodigal son rather than the partner and prodigy, which is the type of Tim I prefer.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I tend to just chalk him up as Jason with the wrong name - and honestly, as a kid I liked comic-Tim better for having such a different personality from the BTAS version. Jason and BTAS Tim are intentionally a bit abrasive and cocky, and I like that in certain contexts… but it works better as the rebellious prodigal son rather than the partner and prodigy, which is the type of Tim I prefer.
    Didn't the recent comic book continuation of the show have a DCAU Jason that was supposed to slot in somewhere?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)