Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Easy pass. This has nothing to do with his bisexuality, I just don’t like this writer.

It’s a shame, because I really like the character. But I don’t support bad story telling.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Thanks for sharing the article!

(The only one who likes Rossmo's art.)
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never thought I'd feel conflicted about having a Tim solo again.
    I will still at least check it out. I have to do that for my love of the character.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I will still at least check it out. I have to do that for my love of the character.
    Gonna give it an arc. If it is the same as her pride issue than nope.

And the destruction of this character is complete. Everything that was now interesting about the character? Gone. Folks, the only reason why they went in this direction with the character is because he was expendable.

This book is DOA. Sure you will get a bump from speculators at first but then it's all downhill.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It would've been nice to get a book with more Steph content like in the old days, but I doubt she'll appear...and if she does, it probably won't be good.

Sad that this specific writer, who has proven with her retcon of my favorite Robin that she doesn't care about him at all, is getting a solo purely because of her stunt designed to grab headlines. It isn't the same character anymore and it's sad that DC is agreeing to do this at the behest of people who wish to change every character rather than using characters who don't require a radical change in personality to be a part of a cynical corporate scheme.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Stephanie going gaga over Bernard was cringe. Like it's fine if she is happy for him but she doesn't need to act like she won the lottery or something. Especially when she barely even knows him or their relationship. It's just more Bernard shilling.
    This was honestly awful, the writing is just bad. Poor Tim, he didn't deserve such treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Sad that this specific writer, who has proven with her retcon of my favorite Robin that she doesn't care about him at all, is getting a solo purely because of her stunt designed to grab headlines. It isn't the same character anymore and it's sad that DC is agreeing to do this at the behest of people who wish to change every character rather than using characters who don't require a radical change in personality to be a part of a cynical corporate scheme.
    Good lord! He is still Tim. He just happens to like Boys as well now. His personality hasn't changed. The core of what drew people to the character is still there. i doubt the reason why fans were drawn to the character was because he was straight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Good lord! He is still Tim. He just happens to like Boys as well now. His personality hasn't changed. The core of what drew people to the character is still there. i doubt the reason why fans were drawn to the character was because he was straight.
    Yeah, I think this is really important. Just because he likes guys now too, doesn't mean he isn't Tim. I feel like it's rather reminiscent of a show I've been watching.

I've been watching Love, Victor on Hulu, about a teenage boy, Victor, who struggles with his sexuality and eventually realizes he is gay. He comes out to his parents, who don't really take it well at first. His dad wants to be there for him, and starts going to PFLAG meetings, and has a conversation with another dad. Paraphrasing here but:

Victor's Dad: Victor and I have always been so close. I don't want that to change. But I just don't know how to connect with him now.

Other Dad: Well what did you and him talk about before he came out?

Victor's Dad: Sports. He and I have always loved sports.

Other Dad: Well then talk to him about sports. And whatever else you used to talk to him about. You never know where the conversation may lead. Just because he's told you he likes guys now doesn't mean everything else about him has changed.

And I feel like it's really similar to what's been going on here. So many people have gotten hung up on the whole he likes guys now too, part, that they refuse to see he's still the same person he was. We've just learned something new about him.

Fitzmartin has been held back so far by having to write in short pieces, imo- 10-page chunks for Urban Legends, only 10-12 pages for the Pride Special. People were praising her Future State Tim story back when that came out. People should see how she write present-Tim in regular stories before decrying it's not Tim, just because he's now been revealed to be bi.

Nice that he's getting a solo, but having read his Pride special issue, this writer is not good, especially not to write in this particularly important moment. Besides, why couldn't they give him to a queer writer who's also a good writer, like a Steve Orlando, for example, someone that would make his bi turn believable and authentic whilst telling good stories.

Orlando's writing Marauders for Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Use that logic with Midnighter. Is he still the same character with the same personality if he suddenly also likes girls?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Use that logic with Midnighter. Is he still the same character with the same personality if he suddenly also likes girls?
    Midnighter being straight would be a huge change, but I don't think him being bisexual would be that big of a deal to be honest.

Mighty Member

I still can't get why Tim moved on so quickly. He flat out tells Steph she was everything he ever wanted and more and he missed her. So why did he move on quickly?