Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Tim is the perfect Robin for Bruce as Damian is the perfect one for Dick.
    Father & son is not what Batman & Robin is supposed to be.
    Tim is also Bruce's son, albeit not blood-related. Literally, all the main Robins were either wards or sons.

Tim will play Robin in the publisher's flagship comic written by one of the best writers of our time. I don't know why not get excited.

It worked for me in the New 52.

Extraordinary Member

Buts it’s always been father and son

Astonishing Member

I've understood Tim was mainly an independent Robin. He doesn't work as Bruce's partner so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've understood Tim was mainly an independent Robin. He doesn't work as Bruce's partner so much.
    I mean, there were plenty of comics that showed them working together though. I feel like people just say that to downplay Tim being a traditional Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    If we're going by function, you're completely right. Robin is supposed to be Batman's partner, and that's just not something we have seen from Damian on a consistent basis
    The Tim's introduction was when DC ended the tradition of Robin and batman as the stauts Quo in the Batman titles.

Jason was the last Robin to be batman's partner on a consistent basis.

Dc hasn't been interested in Robin being a regular in the Batman books and somehow I doubt that's about to change.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The Tim's introduction was when DC ended the tradition of Robin and batman as the stauts Quo in the Batman titles.

Jason was the last Robin to be batman's partner on a consistent basis.

Dc hasn't been interested in Robin being a regular in the Batman books and somehow I doubt that's about to change.
    But I read back-issues of Batman and 'Tec that had Tim in them .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, there were plenty of comics that showed them working together though. I feel like people just say that to downplay Tim being a traditional Robin.
    No I feel people say that because for whatever reason fans who were there, followed the character from introduction [ Tim/Batman fans] act like Tim wasn't missing in the bulk of the Batman series in the90's.

Sure they had Team ups and worked together [in Robin mostly ] but Tim wasn't a constant like Dick and Jason were during their Time.

Tim was introduced with the express purpose of selling Robin as a solo independent hero with his own adventures and world.
    Doesn't mean he also didn't function as a traditional Robin. He did.

But I read back-issues of Batman and 'Tec that had Tim in them .
    I'm sure you did but he wasn't a regular.

Check it.
    Jason clocked more time and panel space in Batman titles than Tim even though Tim had the longer tenure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Tim is also Bruce's son, albeit not blood-related. Literally, all the main Robins were either wards or sons.
    Tim entrance into this life isn’t the the same

I wish they would get into that more and why he is still here

No I feel people say that because for whatever reason fans who were there, followed the character from introduction [ Tim/Batman fans] act like Tim wasn't missing in the bulk of the Batman series in the90's.

Sure they had Team ups and worked together [in Robin mostly ] but Tim wasn't a constant like Dick and Jason were during their Time.

Tim was introduced with the express purpose of selling Robin as a solo independent hero with his own adventures and world.
    Doesn't mean he also didn't function as a traditional Robin. He did.
    I'm sure you did but he wasn't a regular.

Check it.
    Jason clocked more time and panel space in Batman titles than Tim even though Tim had the longer tenure.
    So he did both. I mean, I can only go by what I've actually read and from what I've read Bruce and Tim were pretty frequently seen with each other. Robin wasn't always there but he was still a presence.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I feel people says that as a praise for Tim, since they say Tim turns Robin in an independent identity (although this ignore that Dick was pretty independent in his last years as Robin too).

That said, Tim was created to be mainly an independent Robin. That's why he has independent adventures from Batman almost from the start (unlike the previous Robins).
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-25-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I feel people says that as a praise for Tim, since they say Tim turns Robin in an independent identity (although this ignore that Dick was pretty independent in his last years as Robin too).

That said, Tim was created to be mainly an independent Robin. That's why he has independent adventures from Batman almost from the start (unlike the previous Robins).
    Robin can be with Batman and have solo adventures.

Extraordinary Member

Tim was the first “partner” Robin, as opposed to the “sidekick” Robin - a lot of emphasis and effort was put into him being someone who *could* and thus *would* operate autonomously from Bruce, but would still act as the primary support and backup in 90% of any situation where a Bruce needed help.

Not to say that Dick and Jason didn’t have strong solo careers in other aspects - Dick especially pioneered the idea in college and with the Titans.

But Tim was the first version that was put in a more strategic rather than tactical situation - he helped Bruce cover more of the city and more easily adjust to larger crises form the get-go.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP