Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Honestly I just want them to kill off Bernard put Tim back with Steph and put this abysmal arc six feet under. Bernard is just a fad destined to be forgotten and tossed out like trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Honestly I just want them to kill off Bernard put Tim back with Steph and put this abysmal arc six feet under. Bernard is just a fad destined to be forgotten and tossed out like trash.
    I have no love for Bernard, but killing him off probably wouldn't end well in terms of optics.

Granted eventually breaking them up would probably ruffle some feathers too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have no love for Bernard, but killing him off probably wouldn't end well in terms of optics.

Don't kill him off but just break them up. And if twitter/tumblr has a meltdown who cares honestly?

I feel your over thinking it they just have to make Bernard a terrible person make him unlikable by having him commit a heinous crime or two and nobody will care if died. For example if he had a drug addiction and got violent with Tim he'd probably end up in a position where death would be inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Don't kill him off but just break them up. And if twitter/tumblr has a meltdown who cares honestly?
    True just have to keep him away from Tim honestly it wouldn't be that hard and slowly act like he never existed and people will not care at all.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    His name is Todd RICE, not Scott. His mother, the villainness Thorn, gave him and his sister (Jade) up for adoption (Alan hadn't even known she was pregnant), and they were adopted separately, hence, they don't have the same surname as Alan or each other.

That was Tim, but he definitely had some fake memories due to what we later learned was Doctor Manhattan's interference, both he and Cassie Sandsmark had seemingly been mindwiped because of it and forgot they knew each other. A lot of New 52 Teen Titans still happened, though Superboy's involvement is questionable since New 52 Kon is NOT Conner. Detective Comics Rebirth undid the New 52 changes and restored Tim's original origin.

Jackson did actually debut towards the end of pre-Flashpoint Aquaman. You're right that he didn't meet Tim at the time though. There was plans for him to join the Teen Titans, but it was scuppered by the New 52 reboot. Then he was brought back in the Rebirth Teen Titans run. And later joined Bendis's Young Justice (at the same time as Sideways, Spoiler and Arrowette), so yes, he HAS been on a team with Tim.

Tired at the time of writing that so I just put Scott down. But yes I do know the history of Obsidian, about his mother, and his issues. I just absolutely hate his adoptive family for the **** they pulled on him. I figured Jackson knew him from one of the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Few things

Tim Drake has never met bunker. Bunker was in a team with a guy who stole money from Penguin and whose real name wasn't Tim Drake.

Jackson Hyde debuted in Damian's TT so he wasn't a part of Tim's team from earlier.

Bernard is fine and can be fleshed out. Please don't de-age Obsidian just to be the love interest of a white character.

Bat character tend to eclipse other franchises therefore it'd be bad to partner Tim with characters like Jackson. same reason I'm not a fan of TimKon or Wonderbat. I don't Jackson to become Red Robin's boyfriend rather than Aqualad/Aquaman

If there's one thing the Dick v Tim discourse on Tumblr has proven it's that majority of batfamily fans on tumblr don't follow the actual comics.

I wouldn't worry about which ship is more popular on social media since those fans aren't all comic buying fans. Timber has room to grow.
    Last time I checked Todd was white, his dad is white, unless I'm missing something here and you're thinking of a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I feel your over thinking it they just have to make Bernard a terrible person make him unlikable by having him commit a heinous crime or two and nobody will care if died. For example if he had a drug addiction and got violent with Tim he'd probably end up in a position where death would be inevitable.

True just have to keep him away from Tim honestly it wouldn't be that hard and slowly act like he never existed and people will not care at all.
    How many people remember Tim's first girlfriend. I have a feeling that is how Bernard will be treated in a few years sadly. Unless they do something interesting with him, he's kind of just there. I think the worst that will happen is that they have a disagreement over something in regard to staying in Gotham or something like that. I can't see them going that way with the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    How many people remember Tim's first girlfriend. I have a feeling that is how Bernard will be treated in a few years sadly. Unless they do something interesting with him, he's kind of just there. I think the worst that will happen is that they have a disagreement over something in regard to staying in Gotham or something like that. I can't see them going that way with the characters.
    I remember Arianna.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I remember Arianna.
    If you dislike Bernard, then you want him to go the way of Arianna. You do not want him to go the way of Gwen Stacy.

Incredible Member

Greg Weisman On Tim Drake: "Give Us More of Earth-16, and We'll Get To Him Eventually, I Swear"

https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg....php?qid=25765

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Greg Weisman On Tim Drake: "Give Us More of Earth-16, and We'll Get To Him Eventually, I Swear"

Tim has been so wasted on the show. Like, expecting him to get content "eventually" isn't very reassuring when so many characters don't get to do much or take a backseat to stuff like Beast Boy's depression sub-plot.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Tim has been so wasted on the show. Like, expecting him to get content "eventually" isn't very reassuring when so many characters don't get to do much or take a backseat to stuff like Beast Boy's depression sub-plot.
    I suppose fans expected Tim to play a big role in the show because it's called YJ but once it became obvious that the show was focused on the whole of the DCU then it was pretty clear that Tim wasn't going to do much especially since we had NTT Dick already on the show. A character who Tim shares a lot in common with.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I suppose fans expected Tim to play a big role in the show because it's called YJ but once it became obvious that the show was focused on the whole of the DCU then it was pretty clear that Tim wasn't going to do much especially since we had NTT Dick already on the show. A character who Tim shares a lot in common with.
    I feel like it would be easy for the show to make Tim distinct from their take on Dick, but they just don't have the time or the werewithal.

They just have too many characters/plots.

Mighty Member

The Young Justice finale leaked and I have to say, Timsteph fans. We won:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7307b06e...e24b1c292a.png

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

Look don't get me wrong, I love Greg, he's a great person, but I absolutely hate the way he creates stories. He has a set of character's he likes and that's who he uses. So like he prefers Bart to Tim, so you see more Bart showing up in the story than Tim. If he thinks a character can be used for a storyline he'll pull them into the over all main story. But if he doesn't...then he's like, "well we can wait on them."

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    The Young Justice finale leaked and I have to say, Timsteph fans. We won:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7307b06e...e24b1c292a.png
    I hope that's true and they don't turn around and have Bart date Tim, because Greg's been trying to get Bart to be gay, and with Tim being Bi now, I can see him putting them together. I hope we get content with them, at least when it comes to Jason and Damian's arcs.