Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim and Bernard is important to corporate unlike his hetero relationships which has been deemed by corporate as not a selling point.

That is the reason why he was rebranded afterall. To make him more competitive. Give him a unique selling point.

The relationship with Bernard will get developed. Not sure why some keep going on about that as if newish characters spring to life fully developed.

Regardless of what YJ creators say, I doubt that the show is going to be allowed to push TimSteph. Talk about bury your gays. DC didn't waste money promoting Robin as Bi to let a show like YJ undercut all their PR effort.

My problem is people already stanning Bernard and acting like he's better than Steph and him being pushed while his relationship with Tim is non-existant. It feels forced and obnoxious.

Extraordinary Member

Tim and Bernard is important to corporate unlike his hetero relationships which has been deemed by corporate as not a selling point.

That is the reason why he was rebranded afterall. To make him more competitive. Give him a unique selling point.
    If that's the case why has he still not even got a mini announced?
    Just a collection of the Urban Legend Story, with one additional story that's likely not even a full length one (based on on the whole collection just being a 64 page long).

Only anounced book he is staring in is afaik a Young Justice books, which means likely that the civilian support characters like Bernard will not appear much.

DC didn't waste money promoting Robin as Bi to let a show like YJ undercut all their PR effort.
    I don't have the impression that they put much money into promoting it. And what ever they did was anyway over shadowed by Jon's coming out.
    Last edited by Aahz; 06-07-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Or rather than a convoluted romantic swap fest the show could just have them fight crime and forget about pairing any of them up. Romance isn't a must+ no ship feels slighted since none are spotlighted.
    Well, it's kind of too late for that considering how much relationships/romance is in the show in general...which can generally mix well with crime-fighting, as Tim and Steph have so adeptly shown in the past .

BANNED

A relationship spanning decades more with a loyal cult following doesn't sell?

Being queer isn't unique nowadays. It's everywhere. And it doesn't sell either.

Regardless of what YJ creators say, I doubt that the show is going to be allowed to push TimSteph. Talk about bury your gays. DC didn't waste money promoting Robin as Bi to let a show like YJ undercut all their PR effort.
    So a canonical bisexual shouldn't date a woman in a different show so as not to undercut the fact he's also interested in men in comics that nobody, not even a majority of queers, actively read?
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-08-2022 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If that's the case why has he still not even got a mini announced?
    Just a collection of the Urban Legend Story, with one additional story that's likely not even a full length one (based on on the whole collection just being a 64 page long).

Only anounced book he is staring in is afaik a Young Justice books, which means likely that the civilian support characters like Bernard will not appear much.

I don't have the impression that they put much money into promoting it. And what ever they did was anyway over shadowed by Jon's coming out.
    Does he need a mini right now? Jason doesn't move comics that much but he makes the money up in outside media and merch.

Outside media is the lucrative market.

Casually comics when she reviewed Tim's reveal in Urban legends clarified that the review was a paid review by Dc.

Writers and artist cost money. DC allotting panel space in the Pride anthology costs [opportunity cost]

Jon is Superman while Tim is just another Robin. They are not the same calibre so makes sense that Jon overshadowed Tim.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-08-2022 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A relationship spanning decades more with a loyal cult following doesn't sell?

Being queer isn't unique nowadays. It's everywhere. And it doesn't sell either.

So a canonical bisexual shouldn't date a woman in a different show so as not to undercut the fact he's also interested in men in comics that nobody, not even a majority of queers, actively read?
    Yes I would say that Newly revealed Bisexual Tim having another love interest while the new M/M relationship is just being set up/fleshed out is very unlikely and will undercut the big status quo change for tim.

At a later point maybe we will see Tim and Steph get back together [as you said he is Bi and the swing both ways]but not now while his LGBtq romance is still brand new and not in a medium that reaches a larger audience than comics.

There are no bisexual Robins and Tim has been struggling to stand out next to the other Robins[likely why he's Black/Asian in Titans]

We can't say for certain how much LGBTQ sells. It got social media buzzing. That adds value and creates awareness.

TimSteph is beloved but the fact that DC has yet to take out an ad for the Duo, hasn't tried to monetise the duo in the decades they've been canon, YJ by Bendis which featured the couple significantly wasn't well received and DC changing his sexual orientation implies that DC doesn't see dollar signs when it comes to TimSteph.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    My problem is people already stanning Bernard and acting like he's better than Steph and him being pushed while his relationship with Tim is non-existant. It feels forced and obnoxious.
    Have you seen the number of Robincest on fanfic sites? A lot of people have been fantasying/writing Robins as gay/bi for years. This is a dream come true for them. However there's no need for the Steph hate and Slander that followed Tim's coming out.

Extraordinary Member

Does he need a mini right now? Jason doesn't move comics that much but he makes the money up in outside media and merch.
    If he was important to DC he should have gotten at least some series.

I mean they just launched this week to mini under the pride flag (poison ivy and this multiversity gender bend young justice series), so doesn't look like Tim has really much priority at the moment.

Outside media is the lucrative market.
    They are not really doing much with him in terms of outside media an merch.

Writers and artist cost money. DC allotting panel space in the Pride anthology costs [opportunity cost]
    Given that those are just anthology stories, that's kind of the bare minimum in terms of investment.

BANNED

Have you seen the number of Robincest on fanfic sites? A lot of people have been fantasying/writing Robins as gay/bi for years. This is a dream come true for them.
    A majority of those stories are about Tim fudging Connor, not a regular joe like Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If he was important to DC he should have gotten at least some series.

I mean they just launched this week to mini under the pride flag (poison ivy and this multiversity gender bend young justice series), so doesn't look like Tim has really much priority at the moment..
    Also, the new Poison Ivy ongoing that launched immediately has Ivy treat Harley like s*it and dump her to set up her solo adventures.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was just reading Wayne Family Adventures but call me obsessed...I couldn't help but notice Bernard had purple eyes and Tim was wearing a purple jacket .
    So they throw his relationship with Steph under the bus to shill Bernard yet reference her color in Tim's dynamic with Bernard...........
    It's the bi pride flag color. It's a bit more obvious when they're standing side by side in the last panel in the second part. Both of their clothes make up the magenta-purple-blue color scheme

Tumblr_l_203586534332596.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-08-2022 at 04:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's the bi pride flag color. It's a bit more obvious when they're standing side by side in the last panel in the second part. Both of their clothes make up the magenta-purple-blue color scheme

Oh right. Tim is "bi" in this (and by "bi" that means the tumblr/twitter version where his most meaningful relationship will be with dudes and his relationships/attraction to women are basically non-existant aside from a brief mention to "prove he is bi" given how they threw out his most important relatioship with this to shill Bernard and pretend Bernarnd is more important than it).

The Young Justice finale leaked and I have to say, Timsteph fans. We won:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7307b06e...e24b1c292a.png
    spoilers:
    Huh, looks like they also gave Babs her mobility back like in the comics, but she creates an Oracle superhero costume instead of resuming the Batgirl mantle - despite neither Cass nor Steph ever becoming Batgirl here.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Huh, looks like they also gave Babs her mobility back like in the comics, but she creates an Oracle superhero costume instead of resuming the Batgirl mantle - despite neither Cass nor Steph ever becoming Batgirl here.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think this woman is Barbara. I've seen the complete scene, Barbara (with her glasses) appears, but she is sitting elsewhere.

Yes I would say that Newly revealed Bisexual Tim having another love interest while the new M/M relationship is just being set up/fleshed out is very unlikely and will undercut the big status quo change for tim.

At a later point maybe we will see Tim and Steph get back together [as you said he is Bi and the swing both ways]but not now while his LGBtq romance is still brand new and not in a medium that reaches a larger audience than comics.

There are no bisexual Robins and Tim has been struggling to stand out next to the other Robins[likely why he's Black/Asian in Titans]

We can't say for certain how much LGBTQ sells. It got social media buzzing. That adds value and creates awareness.

TimSteph is beloved but the fact that DC has yet to take out an ad for the Duo, hasn't tried to monetise the duo in the decades they've been canon, YJ by Bendis which featured the couple significantly wasn't well received and DC changing his sexual orientation implies that DC doesn't see dollar signs when it comes to TimSteph.
    Call me crazy, but I feel like Tim and Steph would be much more marketable than Tim and Bernard. Aside from the diversity elements.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Call me crazy, but I feel like Tim and Steph would be much more marketable than Tim and Bernard. Aside from the diversity elements.
    TimSteph is definitely more marketable for comic readers, since people know them, they have their fandom and their story have been going on for decades

for casual/non comic reader though, "Robin dating a guy" is the headline