Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I know his Post Crisis back story is the most preferrable, but are there anything else from other interpretation you like to keep, or things that you don't like from the Post Crisis you like to change? Some inconsistent portrayal between titles, some things that don't age well because it's the 90s...

Let's limit it for the first Robin years, before his friends and family started dying

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know his Post Crisis back story is the most preferrable, but are there anything else from other interpretation you like to keep, or things that you don't like from the Post Crisis you like to change? Some inconsistent portrayal between titles, some things that don't age well because it's the 90s...

Let's limit it for the first Robin years, before his friends and family started dying
    I don't think that there is really much to keep.
    For one Tim doesn't really have that many other interpretations.

The new52 one doesn't really touch his first years apart from his origin story, and that story is kind of incompatible with the classic origin. You could maybe keep him ding a little bit more detective work/hacking to find out Bruce identity, and maybe the part were he brought his headmaster into prison but, if you want show of his strength in this regard already before he became Robin other than that...

Elements DCAU Version of Tim are probably better used for Jason.

The YJ Version of Tim is complete blank slate, since he got sofar no focus in the show. So there is nothing one could use.

And I have not seen Titans, but I kind of doubt that show has anything that would be worth to become canon.

And I think that's basically it when it comes to interpretations of Tim.

EDIT: I actually prefer the more grounded pre flashpoint origins for Dick, Jason and Tim, but if I compare them with the more over the top Origins newer characters (Cass, Damian, Harper...) got, and compare Batman stories from back than to the current ones, I feel like there needs to be added something.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-19-2022 at 05:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.tiktok.com/@haleycomics/...77UXcMUD0&_r=1

This was pretty informative

Tim drakes nemisis is Anarchy

Today is Tim's Birthday. 16 again!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know his Post Crisis back story is the most preferrable, . . .
    I didn't think Tim had a pre-CoIE back story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    This is from Dark Crisis Young Justice and I'm speechless. Wow:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FX_iqEEU...pg&name=medium

Fitzmartin hates Timsteph and Steph for sure. This line is so silly.
    It seems this scene is a dream, but they really want to force people to like Tim x Bernard.

Maybe it's unintentional, but it feels they want to imply people are homophobic if they don't like the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    subtle as a train crash

also kinda hard to root for a god dam relationship that only the fucking webtoon gave some time to have them interact. Like come on at least have them on a full date first before this crap

like at this point they're banking on the lgbtq+ representation for people to even like because man modern writer don't know how to write gay/Bi relationship with out it becoming the bland flawless over-idealize fantasy
    It reminded me when Bendis took a shot at the Super Sons fans that didn't like him aging Jon by having a bystander shouting to Jon "You should only work with Robin and do nothing else" as if that was the core problem that they had.

It's kinda pathetic to be honest.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I have no expectations for FitzMartin on the solo at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Today is Tim's Birthday. 16 again!
    Happy Birthday Tim .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    This is from Dark Crisis Young Justice and I'm speechless. Wow:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FX_iqEEU...pg&name=medium

Fitzmartin hates Timsteph and Steph for sure. This line is so silly.
    You can easily headcanon this as Tim's own thoughts being made manifest.

Even as a dream, Bruce ain't wrong.

It's just a really weird scene.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It really was. It seems to imply all people who want Timsteph as endgame are homophobic is disingenous and insulting to their relationship. Both of them have 20+ years of history and time and again it is shown that their love can transcend the universe. It is stuff like that why people think they are endgame. Not to mention we've barely seen the relationship with Bernard so it can't be helped if people prefer Timsteph instead. This was unnecessary and having Tim flat out say he doesn't want to date Steph was too on the nose and blunt especially as we still really don't have a good reason for it.

Extraordinary Member

I *can* understand the play; given the possibility of Tim eventually getting back together with Steph and effectively being presented as a de-facto straight character again in that scenario, pushing bisexual Tim Drake may seem to require a bit of combative meta-text. And there *is* a definite applicability some bisexual readers would feel to someone addressing their current same sex relationship as a “phase,” and it’s quite likely fans of the same sex pairing for Tim would feel the applicability was “required” given the heat TimxBernard gets from TimSteph fans waiting in the wings, likely feeling that TimSteph will make an inevitable return.

It just also comes off as obnoxious in some corners because Tim and Bernard still seem to be more of a “token” couple in treatment, pushed more for their representation and lacking in actual ambition for dramatic characterization or relationship writing.

It’s a bit of a weird issue between the demands of dramatic story telling on a literary sense on one hand and on a progressive representation sense on the other, and emerges from how Tim, like Dick, already has an extremely popular female love interest.

I’m not saying we would necessarily avoid this kind of stuff if it was Jason in the role of bisexual Robin, or if Tim’s romantic partner were someone he has history with like Kon… but I do think it would be less likely.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

I just read second issue of Dark Crisis: Young Justice and I must admit it's an enjoyable story.

This is the best story I've read with Tim for quite a while. Too long a while really.

I found Cissie's truth to be powerful. I hoped Cassie really listened to her.

The boys are trapped in 'nostalgia world'...and the problem with 'the good old days' is that they were not that good. At least, not good for everyone.

The guys know something is wrong, but they do not know what to do to make it 'right'.

I hope this story finishes as strong as it starts.

Anyone know whose reflection was in the Supermobile's hood?
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-19-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I *can* understand the play; given the possibility of Tim eventually getting back together with Steph and effectively being presented as a de-facto straight character again in that scenario, pushing bisexual Tim Drake may seem to require a bit of combative meta-text. And there *is* a definite applicability some bisexual readers would feel to someone addressing their current same sex relationship as a “phase,” and it’s quite likely fans of the same sex pairing for Tim would feel the applicability was “required” given the heat TimxBernard gets from TimSteph fans waiting in the wings, likely feeling that TimSteph will make an inevitable return.

It just also comes off as obnoxious in some corners because Tim and Bernard still seem to be more of a “token” couple in treatment, pushed more for their representation and lacking in actual ambition for dramatic characterization or relationship writing.

It’s a bit of a weird issue between the demands of dramatic story telling on a literary sense on one hand and on a progressive representation sense on the other, and emerges from how Tim, like Dick, already has an extremely popular female love interest.

I’m not saying we would necessarily avoid this kind of stuff if it was Jason in the role of bisexual Robin, or if Tim’s romantic partner were someone he has history with like Kon… but I do think it would be less likely.
    It just felt like another "take that" to anyone who still prefers Tim and Stephanie together and doesn't just wholesale support the Bernard relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I just read second issue of Dark Crisis: Young Justice and I must admit it's an enjoyable story.

This is the best story I've read with Tim for quite a while. Too long a while really.

I found Cissie's truth to be powerful. I hoped Cassie really listened to her.

The boys are trapped in 'nostalgia world'...and the problem with 'the good old days' is that they were not that good. At least, not good for everyone.

The guys know something is wrong, but they do not know what to do to make it 'right'.

I hope this story finishes as strong as it starts.

Anyone know whose reflection was in the Supermobile's hood?
    Cissie's "truth" didn't really feel true to the girls or the actual friendship of the team.

Mighty Member

It just felt like another "take that" to anyone who still prefers Tim and Stephanie together and doesn't just wholesale support the Bernard relationship.

Cissie's "truth" didn't really feel true to the girls or the actual friendship of the team.
    Yep. If they wanted to say how Tim feels about Bernard is real and valid fine. But the fact they specifically mention Steph and make Tim say he doesn't want to date her along with making fake evil Batman say Steph is his destiny before going into the phase line comes across as spiting people who Tim and Steph together or as endgame. It's lumping everyone who doesn't like it as homophobic which is a strawman and disingenous as there are PLENTY of reasons why people like Tim and Steph due to their over 20+ years of history. Boiling down to "homophobia" is just refusing to acknowledge legit criticism and tells me that Fitzmartin just used Steph as a prop to shill Bernard in UL. She hates Steph and Timsteph.

Everything about Cissie was bad along as shown here:

https://twitter.com/NotYoshihide/sta...47723584970754

https://twitter.com/greenarrxws_/sta...33453358891011

The whole issue was bad and was inventing issues to try to make some kind commentary but it came across as forced, inauthentic and patting themselves on the back.