Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1301

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Gotta ask, BTAS Tim Drake; like him? Or did him having so many elements of Jason skew the comics version (or vice versa) for you?
    Like him. disappointed when I met the real thing [comic version] the fizzing personality that I enjoyed in the animated Robin was lacking in the comic version.

In the bright side, I later discovered comic Jason. I read him 1st as Red hood. He was similar to the Robin from BTAS but better. A few years later I discovered that Tim from the Show was meant to be Jason and it all clicked.

They just insisted on naming him Tim because that was the current Robin in the comics. Executive meddling.

Tim cosplay (can't embed the image) by Caleb Weeks.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...y_caleb_weeks/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Didn't the recent comic book continuation of the show have a DCAU Jason that was supposed to slot in somewhere?
    It was forced, and a poor imitation of Under the Red Hood. Most Jason fans wouldn't mind of DCAU Tim was simply retconned/renamed into Jason. Since Jason was the Robin they wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It was forced, and a poor imitation of Under the Red Hood. Most Jason fans wouldn't mind of DCAU Tim was simply retconned/renamed into Jason. Since Jason was the Robin they wanted to do.
    Haven't read the comics. Heard they were okay, but not exactly the best fit with the DCAU (although apparently the writers made a comment that might indicate that the series was supposed to be an AU continuation of the original show that ignored the rest more or less and DCAU tie-in comics are apparently pretty wonky with continuity in general).

Come to think of it, the only DCAU comic I read was the Batman crossover with TMNT 2012. That was pretty good for what it was, although a couple of things on the Turtles side of things didn't quite fit with the source material.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

I really don't like bringing up drama behind Tim and Cassie kissing in Dark YJ. They told Kon and he was cool with it. There is no need to make an issue out of something that wasn't an issue. I know Fitzmartin is using it for a potential Timkon confession but this feels straight out of the mosy cliche Tim/Kon fanfic anyone could come up with. She really is using the "Everything is Canon" rule to push her fanfiction. Not to mention she is making the whole Tim/Cassie romance more of a mess than it was. Tim and Cassie already acknowledged that it wasn't working and stayed friends so again more pointless drama around it is eye-rolling. Really ties into my theory of Fitzmartin disliking not only Steph but all of Tim's female love interest and relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I really don't like bringing up drama behind Tim and Cassie kissing in Dark YJ. They told Kon and he was cool with it. There is no need to make an issue out of something that wasn't an issue. I know Fitzmartin is using it for a potential Timkon confession but this feels straight out of the mosy cliche Tim/Kon fanfic anyone could come up with. She really is using the "Everything is Canon" rule to push her fanfiction. Not to mention she is making the whole Tim/Cassie romance more of a mess than it was. Tim and Cassie already acknowledged that it wasn't working and stayed friends so again more pointless drama around it is eye-rolling. Really ties into my theory of Fitzmartin disliking not only Steph but all of Tim's female love interest and relationship.
    Are you working for Fitzmartin or something? All your post are centred around her/bi Tim. Every time anyone tries to focus the Tim Drake discussion onto something non Fitzmartin or non LGBtq Tim related, you steer the conversation right back.

It's like you are a PR agent for Fritzmartin tasked with keeping the chatter around her going?

Also since Fritzmartin is a writer paid by DC who is producing material for DC Comics. her writing isn't fanfiction. It's simply DC canon.

Fritzmartin is that into the character of Tim that she dislikes all his female love interests yet at the same time doesn't know much about Tim's own history and lore. Yeah that makes sense.

My guy stop reading the book if it bothers you so much. Fanfics are free you know.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-19-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Are you working for Fitzmartin or something? All your post are centred around her/bi Tim. Every time anyone tries to focus the Tim Drake discussion onto something non Fitzmartin or non LGBtq Tim related, you steer the conversation right back.

It's like you are a PR agent for Fritzmartin tasked with keeping the chatter around her going?

Also since Fritzmartin is a writer paid by DC who is producing material for DC Comics. her writing isn't fanfiction. It's simply DC canon.

Fritzmartin is that into the character of Tim that she dislikes all his female love interests yet at the same time doesn't know much about Tim's own history and lore. Yeah that makes sense.

My guy stop reading the book if it bothers you so much. Fanfics are free you know.
    You know what you're right. I've spent too much on this................

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Haven't read the comics. Heard they were okay, but not exactly the best fit with the DCAU (although apparently the writers made a comment that might indicate that the series was supposed to be an AU continuation of the original show that ignored the rest more or less and DCAU tie-in comics are apparently pretty wonky with continuity in general).

Come to think of it, the only DCAU comic I read was the Batman crossover with TMNT 2012. That was pretty good for what it was, although a couple of things on the Turtles side of things didn't quite fit with the source material.
    If you want to read some great DCAU comics, read Batman or Superman Adventures .

Mighty Member

Back on the main topic DCAU Tim Drake introduced me to the character but yeah he is nothing like OG Tim and is a letdown tbh. Aside from being Jason Todd, the biggest strike against him was the no bo-staff and he felt less competent than comic Tim. Comic Tim could handle the Joker alone but DCAU Tim couldn't...............

Extraordinary Member

Back on the main topic DCAU Tim Drake introduced me to the character but yeah he is nothing like OG Tim and is a letdown tbh. Aside from being Jason Todd, the biggest strike against him was the no bo-staff and he felt less competent than comic Tim. Comic Tim could handle the Joker alone but DCAU Tim couldn't...............
    I remember my instinctual reaction to DCAU Tim was similar to my instinctual reaction to a lot of the little changes the show had - dismay and annoyance at the increase in brattiness, angst, and jerkish-ness of the characters. When I actually fully figured out that the old Batman Robin were now a cantankerous and somewhat estranged pair of ex-partners and that the new Robin with the more dour Batman was a punk… I kind of got turned off BTNAS a bit.

In contrast, when I first discovered Internet rundowns of the comic versions of the character, I found that description of Tim far more interesting and engaging - especially when if finally got ahold of the comic.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

He was fine in his own way. It would've been a whole lot better if they would've used actual Tim, though. Honestly, Jason only ever really became appealing to me during the first run of Red Hood & the Outlaws.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I was fine with DCAU Tim, but I wonder if they could've used more Tim-related stuff like Spoiler/Cluemaster.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was fine with DCAU Tim, but I wonder if they could've used more Tim-related stuff like Spoiler/Cluemaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    He was fine in his own way. It would've been a whole lot better if they would've used actual Tim, though. Honestly, Jason only ever really became appealing to me during the first run of Red Hood & the Outlaws.
    Using OG Tim with actual elements of him would have been dope.

Mighty Member

TIM DRAKE: ROBIN #3
    Written by MEGHAN FITZMARTIN
    Art by RILEY ROSSMO
    Cover by MAX DUNBAR
    Variant cover by DAN MORA
    1:25 variant cover by DAVID TALASKI
    1:50 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
    ’90s Cover Month variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    Did someone say goldfish? After a mysterious murder takes place in broad library, Tim, Detective Williams, and Darcy are led to three suspects…except they aren’t real? Meanwhile, Tim’s been so busy on this case, he’s forgotten the case of the boyfriend. Where’s Bernard?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So far it's maybe symbolic maybe mutant (leaning more on the mutant), but I hope Goldfish is a new animal themed villain that's semi wacky like The Penguin, Orca, King Shark, or The Squid, that actually owns that gigantic pet