Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1301
    Astonishing Member

While I certainly hope this series is a success, the only news I want to learn is that Tim has his own name and costume.

His adult transformation is long past due.

All-New Member

"The art is amazing" as the trailer cuts to a Dan Mora variant cover. Funny.

(Rossmo's art rules. Tim Drake is not the right book for it.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    "The art is amazing" as the trailer cuts to a Dan Mora variant cover. Funny.

(Rossmo's art rules. Tim Drake is not the right book for it.)
    Yeah, this. I thought Rossmo's art worked really well for Harley Quinn, but this, not so much. I'm still gonna give the book a shot, but wished the art was handled by someone else.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They just insisted on naming him Tim because that was the current Robin in the comics. Executive meddling.

Tim cosplay (can't embed the image) by Caleb Weeks.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...y_caleb_weeks/
    That costume is incredible!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tim forgot about Bernard .
    We all do, given his less-than-vibrant personality. Hopefully this series will give him a character trait.

I never truly cared about the TimxSteph pairing, so I'm open to this working, but so far it's been quite bland. I'm still puzzled they didn't use Conner or anyone else Tim already had a connection with.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm deeply perplexed by the "living on a boat" thing.
    As am I, honestly.

If he's Robin, shouldn't he be close to Bruce? For the whole dynamic duo to work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    We all do, given his less-than-vibrant personality. Hopefully this series will give him a character trait.

I never truly cared about the TimxSteph pairing, so I'm open to this working, but so far it's been quite bland. I'm still puzzled they didn't use Conner or anyone else Tim already had a connection with.

As am I, honestly.

If he's Robin, shouldn't he be close to Bruce? For the whole dynamic duo to work out?
    No. Out of all the male Robins Tim is the only one that wasn't living with Bruce during his tenure.

Tim was independent. He had his world and cast away from Batman. So this series is taking things back to how it was in the OG Robin series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No. Out of all the male Robins Tim is the only one that wasn't living with Bruce during his tenure.

Tim was independent. He had his world and cast away from Batman. So this series is taking things back to how it was in the OG Robin series.

Dick also became independent during his time for a while such as with the Titans and in college though.

It felt like he was living with Bruce at times.

Spectacular Member

This is not the whole story. Tim had a living and sentient biological father, with whom he lived. It has nothing to do with independence, and everything to do with the fact that he wasn't an orphan.

Once Jack Drake died and Tim became an orphan, Tim was adopted by Bruce Wayne and lived with him, just like every other Robin.

Astonishing Member

This is not the whole story. Tim had a living and sentient biological father, with whom he lived. It has nothing to do with independence, and everything to do with the fact that he wasn't an orphan.

Once Jack Drake died and Tim became an orphan, Tim was adopted by Bruce Wayne and lived with him, just like every other Robin.
    That isn't exactly correct. After War Games, although Tim was adopted by Bruce, he started to live in Bludhaven.

Tim started to live with Bruce after the destruction of Bludhaven.

Weren't his folk's away most of time?
    Wasn't he living at school for some time.
    Didn't he lie after his father died to avoid being adopted and living with Bruce.

this Tim isn't 13 he's 16 or he's in his 20's. They can carry on the spirit of his 90's series and now it doesn't feel strange.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Dick also became independent during his time for a while such as with the Titans and in college though.
    I know. he was also independent when he was at hudsonbut the difference is that Dick still was living at the manor. When he wasn't living at Titans Tower, when he was away at school he still called Wayne manor home. Unlike Tim.

I think the boat as an abode can work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It felt like he was living with Bruce at times.
    He lived at the manor when his father was in coma, and fro OYL to Batman R.I.P..

Other wise he either lived with his father, at a boarding school, or on his own.

And there were actually quite long periods during his career as Robin, where he and Bruce had no contact (Knightfall, No Man's Land, Batman Murder, when he moved to Blüdheaven ...).

And like I said the boat could be the Teen Titans Yacht, from the new52, that iirc Tim bought and that was as far as I can tell not destroyed.

Weren't his folk's away most of time?
    Wasn't he living at school for some time.
    Didn't he lie after his father died to avoid being adopted and living with Bruce.

this Tim isn't 13 he's 16 or he's in his 20's. They can carry on the spirit of his 90's series and now it doesn't feel strange.
    Isn't he still 18-19?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The Teen Titans iirc operated from a boat that Tim bought early in the new52.
    Maybe it is the same one, unless it was destroyed (not really sure what happened to it, but Titans Head Quaters get usually destroyed pretty soon).
    Yeah, it was blown up at the end of the first New 52 run. If he's going to be based on a boat again in his new solo book, it's a different vessel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That isn't exactly correct. After War Games, although Tim was adopted by Bruce, he started to live in Bludhaven.

Tim started to live with Bruce after the destruction of Bludhaven.
    That's not quite right either. Yes, he did live in Bludhaven, but he wasn't adopted yet. He faked the existence of an uncle to fool the authorities. He was adopted some time in the One Year Later timeskip, after Bludhaven was nuked, killing the actor Tim had hired to play this fake uncle. That's when he became Tim Wayne.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman