Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1301
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    This is not the whole story. Tim had a living and sentient biological father, with whom he lived. It has nothing to do with independence, and everything to do with the fact that he wasn't an orphan.

Once Jack Drake died and Tim became an orphan, Tim was adopted by Bruce Wayne and lived with him, just like every other Robin.
    Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what happened. I'm not sure how people are thinking otherwise.

I have to say, for an appreciation thread, there are at least one or two posters here who are very thinly masking their disdain for the character and I honestly have no idea why they're even here if not just to stir the pot.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

So, what's new with Tim?
    Last edited by Crabble; 08-25-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    So, what's new with Tim?

His suit in Gotham Knights sucks.

Mighty Member

Who would you say is Tim's archenemy? I'm going with the General.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Who would you say is Tim's archenemy? I'm going with the General.
    I see three “eras” with distinct arch-enemies… or at least attempts at arch-enemies.

King Snake was the first, and I think I would argue most successful… but, since he was a rare villain who’s story continued on and acknowledged his defeats and failures to escape the consequences of his actions, he was eventually defeated decisively enough times to get killed off and see no one in a hurry to resurrect him (unless the Golden Dragons, with their similar theme, background as a Hong Kong gang, and use of the Lynx identity for a powerful female lieutenant, were hinting at soemthing before Flashpoint.) King Snake was probably the indisputable arch enemy for Robin all the way from his first miniseries to #91 of the solo comic.

Then there was an attempt to make Johnny Warlock the archenemy, but he was a loose affiliation of ideas that didn’t gel well as an archenemy to Robin, and just kind of faded away,

General’s the last one to make a stab at it - and likely his only rela problem is the New 52 relaunch halting his intial repackaging as a new, villainous Anarky.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I see three “eras” with distinct arch-enemies… or at least attempts at arch-enemies.

King Snake was the first, and I think I would argue most successful… but, since he was a rare villain who’s story continued on and acknowledged his defeats and failures to escape the consequences of his actions, he was eventually defeated decisively enough times to get killed off and see no one in a hurry to resurrect him (unless the Golden Dragons, with their similar theme, background as a Hong Kong gang, and use of the Lynx identity for a powerful female lieutenant, were hinting at soemthing before Flashpoint.) King Snake was probably the indisputable arch enemy for Robin all the way from his first miniseries to #91 of the solo comic.

Then there was an attempt to make Johnny Warlock the archenemy, but he was a loose affiliation of ideas that didn’t gel well as an archenemy to Robin, and just kind of faded away,

General’s the last one to make a stab at it - and likely his only rela problem is the New 52 relaunch halting his intial repackaging as a new, villainous Anarky.

In Rebirth the General along with Evil!Tim was presented as Tim's most persistent enemy.

I re-read the Urban Legends Tim story.

I'm sure within the LGBTQ+ community people can relate to that sense of not feeling complete or aimless because they haven't embraced or realized their true self, but having Tim suddenly having such an emotional/identity crisis that is basically resolved with him realizing "hey, I like guys too!" just didn't feel very satisfactory or in-line with his past few years of comics.

And honestly Bernard comes off like such a rando that is suddenly important with no buildup or real context, especially with the implication that Tim was crushing on him before all this, and yet suddenly he's such an important part of Tim's life when there's little to talk about other than he's kind of a generic male love interest.

Also Tim just really comes off like a jerk to Steph.

Amazing Member

If Tim last 12 years problem is that he wasn't a robin or if he is straigh/he is bi , it wouldn't be so difficult to write him.
    He is a great detective and fullfill the Finger vision of Batman/Robin.
    And is a Titan/Young Justice member and fullfill DC vision of Legacy.
    And in War games, he felt the one that was more conected to Bruce

But after that? Damian was here and many discover the problem with Tim : He likes the Status Quo, he likes being Robin.
    And that's a problem,Dick leif motive is evolution and working in his own path, Jason is showing that there is a different path, but Tim after battle of the cowl was just 'that guy who was robin and because Damian was Robin he became RED robin"
    And is a shame and I think is the reason they made Bisexual, which I think is a DuD , because John is a better bisexual face and makes more sense to make a Superman (every era superman is a historybook of how was that era) which barely knew his sexual preference unlike Tim that we have 30 years of stories

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Bring back this friendship. And what issue is this from.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Bring back this friendship. And what issue is this from.
    Supergirl #14

Are people excited about this?
    I'm keen to pull this! New ongoing series.

large-8866565.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

large-8866565.jpg

Given the writer........Nope. Not at all. Art doesn't look good either.

Also an interview about the series which makes it feel like Tim is regressing:

https://screenrant.com/tim-drake-rob...nterview-sdcc/

Given the writer........Nope. Not at all. Art doesn't look good either.

Also an interview about the series which makes it feel like Tim is regressing:

https://screenrant.com/tim-drake-rob...nterview-sdcc/
    She's talking about Tim getting his own space and villains, not getting stuck in nostalgia and figuring out where Tim will go next. What about that makes you think she's regressing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

large-8866565.jpg
    This comic was already dead when they announced the creative team.