Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told.

When I was a young fellow I was handed this book. One of the early stories is Superman vs The Archer. Superman #13. It has a few other tales from the Golden Age up to post crisis world. When I was a boy I LOVED the Golden Age stories, and then lost interest in most of the stories until it got to the post crisis age. Although their is a Bronze Age story that has the Forever People in it that I also enjoyed.

I never liked the silver age stories, even as a kid.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told.

When I was a young fellow I was handed this book. One of the early stories is Superman vs The Archer. Superman #13. It has a few other tales from the Golden Age up to post crisis world. When I was a boy I LOVED the Golden Age stories, and then lost interest in most of the stories until it got to the post crisis age. Although their is a Bronze Age story that has the Forever People in it that I also enjoyed.

I never liked the silver age stories, even as a kid.
    Jeepers, I feel like I was already an old feller when that book came out. For me, the book that had the most vintage Superman stories--aside from the 100 Page Super-Spectaculars--was SUPERMAN FROM THE THIRTIES TO THE SEVENTIES (and the Batman companion book).

That plus AICFAD and the two STERANKO HISTORY OF COMICS volumes--followed shortly by Feiffer's GREAT COMIC BOOK HEROES and a subscription to the MENOMONEE FALLS GAZETTE--served me well.

The early '70s were a great time to learn about the history of comics. In addition to all the reprints from DC, there was also Warren's THE SPIRIT magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SUPERMAN FROM THE THIRTIES TO THE SEVENTIES (and the Batman companion book).
    I was never so happy as when these books (as well as the Shazam one) turned up at the bookstore at my local mall. I devoured them.

Amazing Member

Through Wikipedia/DC Database. I never owned reprints of Golden Age comics until I got the eight volume of the Superman Chronicles just a few months ago.