Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 651
  1. #556
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Duuuuuvvaaalll!!!
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kara did start out as Clark's secret weapon, but once her existence was revealed to the world, she quickly struck out on her own. So she was a sidekick, but not for very long (which is probably also why she wasn't on the original Teen Titans, which was only sidekicks - or at least meant to be, since Donna's creation was accidental and Wonder Girl was a teen version of Diana, like Superboy, before then). And Clark never had one again until Jon became Superboy.
    The whole secret weapon bit was more like: "hey, you're here, but I'm still doing my own thing". Not really her being a side-kick. I mean, even in Action Comics, she had her own stories.(which I highly recommend, they are short, but fun) Kara was created to appeal to the girls. So, yeah. Kara has never been a side-kick. The best way to explain Kara is (paraphrase) a Reddit comment: she's Superman's She-Hulk. Apart of his setting, she has always done her own thing in terms of stories.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 07-02-2022 at 08:34 PM.

  2. #557
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    The whole secret weapon bit was more like: "hey, you're here, but I'm still doing my own thing". Not really her being a side-kick. I mean, even in Action Comics, she had her own stories.(which I highly recommend, they are short, but fun) Kara was created to appeal to the girls. So, yeah. Kara has never been a side-kick. The best way to explain Kara is (paraphrase) a Reddit comment: she's Superman's She-Hulk. Apart of his setting, but has always done her own thing in terms of stories.
    There have been stories where she's come off that way in my opinion.

  3. #558
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Colleen Doran.

    SupergirlKryptoDoran.jpg

  4. #559
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black and White

    https://twitter.com/mikemaihack/stat...99063747252225


  5. #560
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    DC needs to get him to draw a Supergirl book, he clearly loves her given all the fan art he makes
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  6. #561
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC needs to get him to draw a Supergirl book, he clearly loves her given all the fan art he makes
    They should have him do a kids GN for DC. His Cleopatra in Space books were great .

  7. #562
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Duuuuuvvaaalll!!!
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There have been stories where she's come off that way in my opinion.
    As a side-kick? Well, some fans/writers want her to be Superman's Robin.

  8. #563
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    As a side-kick? Well, some fans/writers want her to be Superman's Robin.
    Do they? Most Superman writers prefer keeping the rest of the Superfamily as far apart as possible. It’s rare you see Clark and the others interact.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  9. #564
    Uncanny Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    30,423

    Default

    That needs to change. Maybe they should have Action Comics become a Super family book (especially if Kara and Conner don't have ongoing solos, they need a home), while Superman would be the solo book? Jon's book has a subtitle, so there's nothing stopping Son of Kal-El continuing even after a Clark Kent Superman book relaunches.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #565
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,895

    Default

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #566
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I miss Bengal's Supergirl covers...

  12. #567
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Bengal's Supergirl covers...
    He’s my favorite Supergirl artist, he just nails her the way Quietly does Superman. I hope we get him drawing a proper Supergirl story one day.

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  13. #568
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    17,895

    Default

    Well Kara is set up to be the new “symbol of hope” with Kal turned and Kon dead. Wonder if Lois is still alive and does Jon exist in this universe?

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  14. #569
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Kara is set up to be the new “symbol of hope” with Kal turned and Kon dead. Wonder if Lois is still alive and does Jon exist in this universe?

    Jeez, she looks so haggard...

    Like the costume though!

  15. #570
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Duuuuuvvaaalll!!!
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do they? Most Superman writers prefer keeping the rest of the Superfamily as far apart as possible. Itís rare you see Clark and the others interact.
    Historically speaking, hasn't this always been the case? But, I'm just looking at the current trend of legacy characters. Especially Dark Crisis. There are people who want Kara as Superman's Robin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •