Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

I guess Lazarus Planet will be the Swan Song for that Kara design.

I thought they said every version you have seen in the main DCU is the actual same character.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If this Kara is the same as Pre-COIE Kara how did she come back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I thought they said every version you have seen in the main DCU is the actual same character.
    Yes but with so much aging up/de-aging and various storylines it makes zero sense for most of the characters. How did she go from a young adult in COIE to moody teenage girl to red lantern to happy go lucky and all that jazz?

I guess you could say being revived from the dead gave her attitude problems, especially if she didn't age as much as the rest of the DCU did.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Spectacular Member

I want Tom king to write a conclusive black label origin story about post-COIE Kara Zor-el

Her journey back to a DC universe that’s radically changed

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If this Kara is the same as Pre-COIE Kara how did she come back to life?

Yes but with so much aging up/de-aging and various storylines it makes zero sense for most of the characters. How did she go from a young adult in COIE to moody teenage girl to red lantern to happy go lucky and all that jazz?

It's cause hypertime isn't separate earth's anymore,hypertime is everywhere,all the time.which means things will change constantly and life will.nist keep moving forward
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I also think they should be the same person. She could have been believed dead and without her memories when she was brought back, gradually becoming the person she used to be again.
    I suppose some spark of her soul could have travelled back in time, lost her memory and relived the trip to earth, getting stuck in orbit this time...

Or could be some different Kara.

Consider that post-Flashpoint Superman died. (And, wasn't he basically pre-Flashpoint Superman, but de-aged like everyone else? If that's correct, then the original Superman died.) Lois died shortly after that (in Superwoman). An older Superman from a lost universe, along with his Lois and their Jon, took his place. There had never been a Jon here. Then, some after-death pieces of original Superman and Lois merged with these older ones, rewriting their histories into some combined background - and, altering the entire universe's memory of them!

Compared to that, saying that the Earth-0 (or Earth-Zero, or Earth-1, or whatever it was called pre-Crisis) Supergirl did die, but a Kara Zor-El, from one of the other infinite universes that got merged into the one remaining universe, arrived later would be relatively straightforward.

I'd say post-Flashpoint Kara is the same person as pre-Flashpoint, though. I guess everything was simply set back in time and played out again from the start.

I'm calling it HYPERTIMISM,everything keeps happening and changing in the DCU,but they just keep moving forward ,even with the changes.so instead of separate universes like old-school hypertime,it is all happening in the universe ,bit in a separate one.

All needs figured out is who knows its all constantly changing ,and who doesn't

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    There's...kind of no way to make that work.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There's...kind of no way to make that work.

You just say it works and have the character know and keep moving forward

thinking about comics that "age" characters...
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kara_Zor-El_(Earth-91)
    That comic aged Supergirl in a way few have even considered.

She's taken over Superman's role in the justice League after his apparent death. But more than that... she helped raise Lisa... Kent. Lois and Clark's daughter.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Lisa_Kent_(Earth-91)
    Lisa... is also old enough to do stuff like saving the random alien of the week. How long as Supergirl been acting as a foster parent to her? Seemingly at least 10 years, probably more? Superman's apparent death was "a few years" after Lisa's birth.

Really... changes the role of Supergirl in the story.

Arguably Kingdom Come was worse... since we have Kara Zor-El's DAUGHTER as one of the new heroes though.

Seriously... They wrote a character called "Brainiac's Daughter"... who is a blonde with GREEN skin... powers similar to Supergirl and wears a costume emblazoned with a GIANT House of El insignia... and... supposedly ... the creators didn't actually think through the obvious "who's her parents" thing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    I’m of the opinion that Pre-crisis Kara and post-crisis Kara should be the same person

Largely because it’s more befitting Clark’s personality shift in the Byrne era where he denounces his kryptonian identity

And the Geoff Johns era where the return of Kara causes Clark to reconnect to his silver age roots

Have to agree that Pre-Crisis Kara should be the same as Post-Crisis Kara .
    I like it better when all things count in the continuity , or most things anyway .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Have we had a powered up Streaky post Rebirth yet?