Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This kind of looks like an evolution of her from DCSHG with the hair, punk aesthetic, etc.

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Historically speaking, hasn't this always been the case? But, I'm just looking at the current trend of legacy characters. Especially Dark Crisis. There are people who want Kara as Superman's Robin.
    Pretty much. The silver age had a lot of Superman support character interaction but seemed to make an extra effort to keep Kara and Kal-El separate, to the point of Superman coming across as uncaring and manipulative.

Not sure what to say about Kara as Superman’s Robin, seems like it would go against the grain of their characterizations. Maybe you could make it work with Yet Another Reboot? I personally wouldn’t be too interested in it though unless they came up with something unique. “Just like this thing you’ve seen many times before but this time with Superman” sounds fine for a story or even an arc but might become derivative quickly.

I could've seen this happening in an actual episode .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This kind of looks like an evolution of her from DCSHG with the hair, punk aesthetic, etc.
    Good analysis, that’s exactly what it’s going for
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could've seen this happening in an actual episode .
    there was that one comic where Kara and Cassandra Cane went at it...

Casual Clothes .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

She sure is excited about something. That coffee maybe?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I’m really loving the new Supergirl costume and overall design in the Action Comics backup. The classic hairstyle is amazing!

Fortunately they both have a goldfish named Martha.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really loving the new Supergirl costume and overall design in the Action Comics backup. The classic hairstyle is amazing!
    I'm not a fan. It comes off like old lady hair and there's too much blue (and it makes her butt look big ).

She's meant to be 21. But where the suit first appeared at the end of Woman of Tomorrow, it was a couple of hundred years in the future where her travelling companion from that mini, Ruthye, had grown elderly. So when designed, she WAS meant to be an old lady herself, Kara just still looked young due to being a Kryptonian. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it to become her permanent new costume, but here we are.

I assume the haircut is supposed to refer back to how she looked when she first appeared in the 1950s. But back then, permed bobs were trendy. They aren't nowadays!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

"And then it went BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's meant to be 21. But where the suit first appeared at the end of Woman of Tomorrow, it was a couple of hundred years in the future where her travelling companion from that mini, Ruthye, had grown elderly. So when designed, she WAS meant to be an old lady herself, Kara just still looked young due to being a Kryptonian. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it to become her permanent new costume, but here we are.

I assume the haircut is supposed to refer back to how she looked when she first appeared in the 1950s. But back then, permed bobs were trendy. They aren't nowadays!
    I agree! Very well said!

Artists can't agree about anything with respect to her look. The skirt switches from red to blue in the same book. (The most recent costume was essentially the all-blue one designed by Jorge Jimenez but miscolored after the Infected arc.) They've forgotten about the solar storing feature (which King should have used in Woman of Tomorrow in the first issue!) and the ability to transform into those hooded versions. Too bad - all of that was designed by possibly the best artist at DC, and these were more contemporary looks vs. the slightly dowdy Rebirth suit. (Which was a conservative backlash to the New 52 look.)