Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,017 of 1017

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"Lori Lemaris Special" .

Surprised Kitten Cut did better than Contempo.

Contempo looks more modern, but remember, this was early days (I assume early 60s - I'm guessing "Linda" wasn't even adopted yet as she isn't called Danvers there) - it might be TOO modern. The kitten cut wouldn't have been practical though, considering the brunette wig had to hide Kara's real blonde hair, and that hairstyle is SHORT.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And as that image shows, even the pants are nothing new. It didn't come from the TV show!
    Did anyone think the show invented pants on Kara? There's a difference between invention and influence which the show definitely could have done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, it was common for Supergirl to use different variatons of her suit, so a minor tweak like that must be not be an anomaly.

The second from right is my favorite. Yes, it's date, but I still love it. The one on the far right is also a favorite, but comes in at number 3, with the blouse/hot pants outfit coming in at number 2. The original Silver Age had it's time -- and it's not as bad as some of those Adventure comics era designs (like the one above on the left), but it's very dull.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The second from right is my favorite. Yes, it's date, but I still love it. The one on the far right is also a favorite, but comes in at number 3, with the blouse/hot pants outfit coming in at number 2. The original Silver Age had it's time -- and it's not as bad as some of those Adventure comics era designs (like the one above on the left), but it's very dull.
    That cover with 10 different designs on it is pure gold too. Yes, some are obviously not going to ever get used in a comic, but... so many interesting ideas there. also the second from right look is sorta in there, except without the sleeves and gloves.

I was reading the Venditti run on Hawkman (didn't like it verybmuch, but whatever) and there was this issue where it was mentioned that Kara was mentored by another incarnation of Kator Hal, and she was studying archeology before Krypton blew up.

I think it's reaaly random for her to study archaeology at that age, but it seems like a logical concept for her in the present. I mean, just in general trying to revive all the knowledge still stored out there about Kryptonian's cultures over the various millenia.

I know it sounds boring, but there are interesting things you can do with this. Specially if you lean into the mysticism and the Phantom Zone ghosts, and Rao, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I was reading the Venditti run on Hawkman (didn't like it verybmuch, but whatever) and there was this issue where it was mentioned that Kara was mentored by another incarnation of Kator Hal, and she was studying archeology before Krypton blew up.

I think it's reaaly random for her to study archaeology at that age, but it seems like a logical concept for her in the present. I mean, just in general trying to revive all the knowledge still stored out there about Kryptonian's cultures over the various millenia.

I know it sounds boring, but there are interesting things you can do with this. Specially if you lean into the mysticism and the Phantom Zone ghosts, and Rao, etc
    Krypton being Krypton, the kids probably learn a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Krypton being Krypton, the kids probably learn a lot .
    Nah all i mean is, seens rather convenient that she's studying the history of her world before it's blown up and it becomes a lot harder to gather that knowledge

Nah all i mean is, seens rather convenient that she's studying the history of her world before it's blown up and it becomes a lot harder to gather that knowledge
    Well, also probably for the best considering she's one of the only survivors and someone Clark can really rely on for that knowledge, especially on an emotional level.

when you look at the old pre-Crisis Krypton... it makes sense for Kryptonians to be intensely interested in the subject. Their world has entire geographic regions marked on the map as being dead zones. Most of the population lived in mega-cities that were constructed in the aftermath of a massive war that had wiped out most of the population. Thing is... these cities weren't built on the ruins of the old cities.... and many aspects of Kryptonian technology and culture from before this war were lost. So, it makes sense for some Kryptonians to wish to learn about their past.

also this was a culture that had mostly abolished the idea of doing actual work and had robots do most actual work. so,.... everyone studied something... sort of.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    when you look at the old pre-Crisis Krypton... it makes sense for Kryptonians to be intensely interested in the subject. Their world has entire geographic regions marked on the map as being dead zones. Most of the population lived in mega-cities that were constructed in the aftermath of a massive war that had wiped out most of the population. Thing is... these cities weren't built on the ruins of the old cities.... and many aspects of Kryptonian technology and culture from before this war were lost. So, it makes sense for some Kryptonians to wish to learn about their past.

also this was a culture that had mostly abolished the idea of doing actual work and had robots do most actual work. so,.... everyone studied something... sort of.
    That'd make for a good GoT-esque series