Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    retcon that Crisis on Infinite Earths did not kill her but instead made her disappear for a few years?
    Keep the death and say she only got revived years later, at the same age she was when she died. Keeps the iconic death (in main continuity for the first time ever), avoids making her much older than she currently is, leaves space for the post-Crisis adventures where there was no Kara, retroactively makes her replacements actual legacy characters (instead of just out-of-universe legacy characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Keep the death and say she only got revived years later, at the same age she was when she died. Keeps the iconic death (in main continuity for the first time ever), avoids making her much older than she currently is, leaves space for the post-Crisis adventures where there was no Kara, retroactively makes her replacements actual legacy characters (instead of just out-of-universe legacy characters).
    Yeah that works better
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Probably the cleanest way to handle it.

Astonishing Member

Although Jon Kent is supposed to be Superman now, everybody really considers him just to be Superboy, <i>filling in</i> for Superman while he's away. When it gets to the point that Jon is considered as actually <i>being</i> Superman, then Kara would pretty much have to be Superwoman as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, there's currently no obvious Supergirl successor unless they bring back the 90s Linda Danvers (who logically should be older than Kara!) or give the name to Gotham Girl (who is a Bat character with Superman's powers). Due to the mythos, creating a new character isn't so easy like it is with the Flash or Bat families.
    Thao-La, the Phaelosian, is a candidate that I'd keep an eye on. She's already got the powers, is young, and has PTSD I suppose.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Although Jon Kent is supposed to be Superman now, everybody really considers him just to be Superboy, <i>filling in</i> for Superman while he's away. When it gets to the point that Jon is considered as actually <i>being</i> Superman, then Kara would pretty much have to be Superwoman as well.

To be honest , I don't consider Jon " Superman " , really Superboy is more like it . I think that DC is just calling him Superman for marketing reasons. And Kara is definitely older than Jon , and a full Kryptonian to boot . She should be more powerful too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol they were going to make Kara a fascist too in Future State:

From Morrison’s Substack which I posted in the S&tA thread

Have to say , that Clark & Kara being Authoritarian aka Fascist would not have been a good thing long term. So I'm glad that Morrison didn't go for that . Morrison has always been much smarter than most . DiDio was only looking at short term gains, not long term development.

This could work really well.
    Linda, Karen, cir, and whoever is next could fit with this idea, and we could have all our Supergirls together someday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    To be honest , I don't consider Jon " Superman " , really Superboy is more like it . I think that DC is just calling him Superman for marketing reasons. And Kara is definitely older than Jon , and a full Kryptonian to boot . She should be more powerful too.
    I think Hybrids see as powerful as full bloods,but not the same way, always in a new way.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This could work really well.
    Linda, Karen, cir, and whoever is next could fit with this idea, and we could have all our Supergirls together someday.

I think Hybrids see as powerful as full bloods,but not the same way, always in a new way.
    This reminds me... do we know WHO Sasha Calle is playing?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This reminds me... do we know WHO Sasha Calle is playing?
    Hasn’t specified if it’s Kara but the odds of her playing anyone else are astronomically low.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hasn’t specified if it’s Kara but the odds of her playing anyone else are astronomically low.
    Well... Saha just doesn't look like Kara though.

A lot of people have pointed that out.

Yeah, if everything's canon now, then they could have it that instead of emerging for the first time in 2005, that's when she was resurrected - prompting Linda Danvers, the 90s Supergirl who would now have been using the Supergirl name to honour her (not even knowing that Kara also called herself Linda Danvers at one point!), to retire. Kara would now have been a college instead of high school in the Rebirth series as well. Of course she also would no longer be new to Earth in the New 52 stories.

Conner in New 52 can be explained as brainwashed. Clark was already explained in Rebirth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if everything's canon now, then they could have it that instead of emerging for the first time in 2005, that's when she was resurrected - prompting Linda Danvers, the 90s Supergirl who would now have been using the Supergirl name to honour her (not even knowing that Kara also called herself Linda Danvers at one point!), to retire. Kara would now have been a college instead of high school in the Rebirth series as well. Of course she also would no longer be new to Earth in the New 52 stories.

Conner in New 52 can be explained as brainwashed. Clark was already explained in Rebirth.

Yeah I actually like the ideal that Kara has been around and around the same age as dick. I think Crisis death should stay, and in that time Matrix/Linda danvers happens. Kara gets brought back when she got brought back, and her mind messed with by Darkseid. Then present day we have a 25 to 28 Kara, a 21 to 24 year old Linda, and we even have a 16 year old cir.

Conners new 52 time could be explained with brainwashing and a slight retcon ala Geoff Johns (who did the same thing to kon) so that it was always him,but with a mindwipe. This also means his kryptonian and TK side of his powers would be fully realized
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

WB doesn’t care. They’re racebending many prominent DC characters elsewhere, Catwoman, James Gordon, Black Canary, Deadshot, Mercy Graves, maybe even Superman himself, Supergirl is just another one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/