Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    WB doesn’t care. They’re racebending many prominent DC characters elsewhere, Catwoman, James Gordon, Black Canary, Deadshot, Mercy Graves, maybe even Superman himself, Supergirl is just another one.
    Well, at least with a few of those they were able to capture the characters' visual better than it seems like they're going with Sasha Calle since they seem to be styling her a lot after Cavill's Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least with a few of those they were able to capture the characters' visual better than it seems like they're going with Sasha Calle since they seem to be styling her a lot after Cavill's Supes.
    Sasha Calle's character feels like she was intentionally designed to NOT look like Mellissa Benoist. Is this taken to the extent of being a different character in-universe?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Sasha Calle's character feels like she was intentionally designed to NOT look like Mellissa Benoist. Is this taken to the extent of being a different character in-universe?

I personally thought that Melissa Benoist was perfect as Kara/Supergirl .

It is odd that she's never been confirmed to be Kara Zor-El. I guess if she isn't Kara, that'd be spoilers for the Flash movie. We already know there's at least two Barry Allens in the film, so the multiverse is in play too, which adds to the possibilities.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Weirdest part for me is the suit. Why did they go with a suit that looks nothing like anything Kara has ever worn, but does look like what Jon wears right now?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It is odd that she's never been confirmed to be Kara Zor-El. I guess if she isn't Kara, that'd be spoilers for the Flash movie. We already know there's at least two Barry Allens in the film, so the multiverse is in play too, which adds to the possibilities.
    Yeah, the best idea I've seen is that it's an alt-U supergirl, but they don't want to tell us which one.
    Weirdest part for me is the suit. Why did they go with a suit that looks nothing like anything Kara has ever worn, but does look like what Jon wears right now?
    well.. A Supergirl did wear a similar suit, but, not Kara?

Yeah, the best idea I've seen is that it's an alt-U supergirl, but they don't want to tell us which one.

well.. A Supergirl did wear a similar suit, but, not Kara?
    Kara is the simplest choice with the simplest backstory. Would be utterly shocked if she was playing anyone else. At best I could see a merger of Supergirls, Sasha playing a “Kara” who is Kal’s daughter instead of his niece or a similar background change. But I am personally expecting it to be Kara with her traditional backstory but a totally different look.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kara is the simplest choice with the simplest backstory. Would be utterly shocked if she was playing anyone else. At best I could see a merger of Supergirls, Sasha playing a “Kara” who is Kal’s daughter instead of his niece or a similar background change. But I am personally expecting it to be Kara with her traditional backstory but a totally different look.
    It seems like they're fusing her with Flashpoint Superman.

Incredible Member

Her suit and hair style and color are essentially identical to Lara Lane-Kent's, daughter of Clark and Lois in a dream of Superman's in the Injustice series. That was noticed by others when the pictures first appeared. (That would make her an imaginary tale in an alt-universe.)

I don't think anyone knows if this IS going to be some form of a daughter from somewhere in the multiverse, or if the look was simply inspired by it. But I'd ask, why go for this hair style and color if the character is supposed to be the well-known Kara Zor-El?

supergirl-1.jpg_872439427.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Her suit and hair style and color are essentially identical to Lara Lane-Kent's, daughter of Clark and Lois in a dream of Superman's in the Injustice series. That was noticed by others when the pictures first appeared. (That would make her an imaginary tale in an alt-universe.)

I don't think anyone knows if this IS going to be some form of a daughter from somewhere in the multiverse, or if the look was simply inspired by it. But I'd ask, why go for this hair style and color if the character is supposed to be the well-known Kara Zor-El?

All of this^
    it's a really good recreation of Lara! Really doens't seem reasonable to think it's Kara Zor-El... when they went to so much work to create a different look.

Would hardly be the first time the DCEU version of a character bore little to no resemblance to their comic book counterpart. This isn’t a franchise that cares that much for comics accuracy.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Sasha's Supergirl is supposed to have her own movie and appears in other team ups moving forward, WB wouldn't use a character than doesn't really exist in comics for that. For the same reason they are picking Barbara Gordon as Batgirl over some random Elseworlds' Bat-character that appeared for just 2 pages.

Also, back in June when the Supergirl's logo was revealed, some DCEU fan translated the kryptonian writing on it and Zor-El name is mentioned. The translation was confirmed by Dr. Christine Schreyer, the linguist that created the DCEU's kryptonian language.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Apparently, a fan deciphered the kryptonian writing on Sasha's \S/ and Zor-El is named:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Sasha's Supergirl is supposed to have her own movie and appears in other team ups moving forward, WB wouldn't use a character than doesn't really exist in comics for that. For the same reason they are picking Barbara Gordon as Batgirl over some random Elseworlds' Bat-character that appeared for just 2 pages.

Also, back in June when the Supergirl's logo was revealed, some DCEU fan translated the kryptonian writing on it and Zor-El name is mentioned. The translation was confirmed by Dr. Christine Schreyer, the linguist that created the DCEU's kryptonian language.

Very cool. Well, I hope it is Kara!

Appearances of alt characters are interesting, but should be niche books or storylines - not the steady diet, especially in movies or TV. You're only get a movie once in a while, and you want the real deal.

Very cool. Well, I hope it is Kara!

Appearances of alt characters are interesting, but should be niche books or storylines - not the steady diet, especially in movies or TV. You're only get a movie once in a while, and you want the real deal.
    Enh.... Mention of Zor-El or not.... doesn't really tell us WHO this is. Heck could even be a new character.

Incredible Member

Would hardly be the first time the DCEU version of a character bore little to no resemblance to their comic book counterpart. This isn’t a franchise that cares that much for comics accuracy.

Anyone think that maybe she'll dye her hair blonde to look more like Kara ?
    Here's a what if ? What if in regular continuity, Lois & Clark had a daughter ?
    I would be cool with that :-)