Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It wasn’t her present day self, but that epilogue can be taken as a “what if Kara changed her costume once and then never did again”. She’ll obviously have changed her outfit after the events of WoT and will be wearing that outfit from now on until she changes again.
    I don't think it'll last long but I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s similar to what her DCEU counterpart is wearing so she might be in it for a while.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I might be wrong, but I think that 300 years had passed since the beginning of the story in #1 .
    Ruthye was now very old and Kara looked just a bit older , maybe due to her hair being shorter.
    I don't care much for her outfit , the boots look bad imo.
    Also I prefer the longer hair on Kara , well actually on most women :-)

It’s similar to what her DCEU counterpart is wearing so she might be in it for a while.
    The DCEU outfit looks more like Jon's suit, which I find hilarious .

The DCEU outfit looks more like Jon's suit, which I find hilarious .
    Yeah but they can’t give her Jon’s suit so this is close enough to synergize with while not being a complete copy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah but they can’t give her Jon’s suit so this is close enough to synergize with while not being a complete copy.
    And it looks like her last tv suit, but it has the same problem of too much blue without enough to break up the colors.

Looks like Mora's drawing a composite of classic Supergirl looks.

The yellow around the cape section kind of throws me off...oh no, are those the dreaded yellow cape straps ?

Kara will be in the Action backups with Steel and Lois this June! I liked how PKJ wrote her in Action so I’m excited!

Incredible Member

Kara will be in the Action backups with Steel and Lois this June! I liked how PKJ wrote her in Action so I’m excited!
    The solicitation for Action #1044 only says:

"Then, in A World Without Clark Kent, Lois, Jon, and John Henry Irons (a.k.a. Steel) convene to unlock the secrets of the mysterious Genesis tech...and Thao-La awakens..."

Where did you hear Kara Zor-El will be involved?

Or did you hear "Supergirl" will be in the story? (And is The Next Supergirl ®™️ going to be Thao-La?)

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    The solicitation for Action #1044 only says:

"Then, in A World Without Clark Kent, Lois, Jon, and John Henry Irons (a.k.a. Steel) convene to unlock the secrets of the mysterious Genesis tech...and Thao-La awakens..."

Where did you hear Kara Zor-El will be involved?

Or did you hear "Supergirl" will be in the story? (And is The Next Supergirl ®™️ going to be Thao-La?)
    Thought I saw confirmation by PKJ that Kara would be in this, but looks like I was mistaken. I confused his earlier words that he had plans for Kara and Steel with this backup. She could still show up though but the solicit doesn’t say. Given Kara didn’t graduate to Superwoman at the end of WoT like I thought she would, and the DCEU is gearing up to focus on Supergirl, I don’t see Kara leaving the mantle, much less Thao taking it. If anything Thao may end up becoming an enemy given the ominous tone of the solicit.

Incredible Member

Thought I saw confirmation by PKJ that Kara would be in this, but looks like I was mistaken. I confused his earlier words that he had plans for Kara and Steel with this backup. She could still show up though but the solicit doesn’t say. Given Kara didn’t graduate to Superwoman at the end of WoT like I thought she would, and the DCEU is gearing up to focus on Supergirl, I don’t see Kara leaving the mantle, much less Thao taking it. If anything Thao may end up becoming an enemy given the ominous tone of the solicit.
    I love the way PKJ writes her too. And I also heard him say he had plans for her. (I think he mentioned that on Word Balloon.)

Very cute .

Really excited to see Dick and Kara interact more. Feel like they have a really fun dynamic as the two most iconic legacy characters that hasn't gotten explored a ton, especially since the New 52 where I don't think the two have spoken to each other once since the reboot. It will be fun to see the two of them interact when they were closer in age as well. I feel like we didn't get a whole lot of them interacting back in the Golden and Silver Ages as Supergirl was more paired off with Batgirl I guess and she was never added to the Teen Titans too.

I always wondered if Supergirl was added to the original Teen Titans team back in the day, since it was always weird that they never had a Superman legacy character for so long, would writers have paired her off with Dick. Since you'd think the idea of Robin and Supergirl dating would be too enticing to pass up and some writer would have done it. Then you imagine all the snowball effects that could have had.

Where Supergirl might have been allowed to age up with the other Titans, and maybe she isn't killed off in Crisis on Infinite Earths if she a core part of the successful New Teen Titans book and Dick's main love interest where then all these other confusing Supergirl version never get created post Crisis. Or maybe because they were so set on sacrificing her would they then have been more willing to reboot Dick for the Batman books like some originally wanted if their characters were tied together? Dunno. Then you wonder the direction a Starfire's character would have gone in the Titans if she isn't paired with Dick originally, and if Supergirl was a core Titan would she then have appeared in all these Teen Titan animated properties since the early 2000s and how that would effected her character. Just fun to think about all the changes that might have happened.

Would’ve been a massive difference for Kara, and Starfire would definitely not be all that popular. Heck she might not even exist given I doubt Wolfman and Perez would’ve created her if Dick was already dating a super powered alien, or she would’ve been a very different character. But maybe she’s better off for that not happening, because she would’ve been tied at the hip to the Titans (which have been bad for a long time) and involved with a Bat character (which rarely ends well for Super characters in particular).