Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Kara is one of those characters who doesn't need a romantic life. Give her a consistent supporting cast of close knit friends and she'll thrive.
    Why can't she have a love interest?

BANNED

Because no one would agree on Kara's lover's gender and pronouns.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Basically a work around to have Supergirl and that dynamic in there while not going against DC's "Superman is the only active Kryptonian" mandate.

Well for me , ever since I first learned about Kara being Kal's cousin, since Jor-El and Zor-El were brothers.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why can't she have a love interest?
    I never said she couldn't have a love interest. Would having a love interest elevate her character? Besides, there are way too many ship wars in the general, an extra one is unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Ok... THAT right there is a "prepare to die" face. O_o' Which Earth is this?
    I never said she couldn't have a love interest. Would having a love interest elevate her character? Besides, there are way too many ship wars in the general, an extra one is unneeded.
    Lack of canon love interests encourages shipping in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Silver Age craziness .
    I don't think it's a matter of elevating her character but expanding it and her personal story.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This is from a 90s elseworld. Have no idea if it has an official designation.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Lack of canon love interests encourages shipping in general.
    The book was a one shot by Barbara Kesel and Matt Haley:
    In this Elseworlds, Batgirl has gone to extreme measures to protect Gotham City, including banning paranormals and employing a surveillance system called Oracle. In Metropolis, the Justice Society is led by Wonder Woman, and funded by Lex Luthor, a pillar of society. Finally opening Gotham to Luthor and the Society, it goes wrong for Batgirl when the Joker kidnaps Lex. Supergirl charges back into Gotham to help find Lex, and what she and Batgirl find out together is the true nature of the man who has helped build Metropolis.Solicitation:In an Elseworld where Supergirl was raised by Wonder Woman and Batgirl is a vigilante who keeps Gotham City safe from villainy, there could never be two more different super-heroines. But when the love of Supergirl's life is kidnapped by the Joker, the champions of Gotham and Metropolis must form a reluctant partnership.Back Cover Blurb:Batgirl, fierce protector of Gotham City, trusts no one...least of all super-powered crimefighters.Supergirl, protege of Metropolis magnate Lex Luthor and JLA member, trusts far too easily.When a kidnapping draws Supergirl to Gotham, the two heroes must save Lex Luthor from the clutches of the Joker... if they can find a way to work together.

large-8000368.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Is there a chance for her in young justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is there a chance for her in young justice?
    Weisman has wanted to include her but he’s said he wouldn’t put her in unles she thought he could give her story the focus it deserves. Given the focus on Zod and the Kryptonians this season I say yeah she could show up, either this season or next.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Weisman has wanted to include her but he’s said he wouldn’t put her in unles she thought he could give her story the focus it deserves. Given the focus on Zod and the Kryptonians this season I say yeah she could show up, either this season or next.
    Since when has he cared about giving characters the focus they deserve? Im surprised she wasnt just put in and said to have retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Since when has he cared about giving characters the focus they deserve? Im surprised she wasnt just put in and said to have retired.
    When he likes the characters he makes sure they get some love (Green Arrow & Black Canary being examples of this). When he doesn’t care or is only bringing in characters for diversity purposes he halfasses it. If he brings in Kara now though he can tie her into the whole deal with Zod.

Yeah, I feel like after mentioning her dad and all the focus on the Phantom Zone, at the very least they might tease her.

They already mention you don't age in the Phantom Zone and that's usually the excuse they use for why Kara is the same age she was when she left Krypton when she lands on Earth instead of being physically older than Clark. So it seems like they're setting up explaining her usual status quo.