Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Eleventh hour change at DC means spoilers:
    Kara's joining Jon's Justice League, replacing Mary Marvel
    end of spoilers

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...n-dark-crisis/

Incredible Member

Ah, last minute changes. Because those always go well.

Wonder if they switched out Mary so as not to step on Josie and Doc Shaner’s toes (since originally the upcoming Mary mini would have been out by now)? That League is meant to fail, maybe they didn’t want to have Mary’s first big step into the spotlight be associated with a JL implosion. Unfortunately it being last minute means it’s unlikely we’ll get to see Kara and Jon interacting which I would like to see more of.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's kind of funny that Kara and Mary are treated interchangeably .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Except Mary has a much better look than Kara does currently. Her current look is boring and repetitious in that it's almost identical to Jon's (or Clark's.) I miss when Kara had a personality and her own individual character.

Well Kara officially has her Woman of Tomorrow look in Dark Crisis. I can’t believe they still have her going by Supergirl, what an odd choice given they’ve decided to age her up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I kind of like the woman of tomorrow costume…then again it also reminds me of the costume from the last few seasons of the show so it’s possible there is some bias on my part there.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Except Mary has a much better look than Kara does currently. Her current look is boring and repetitious in that it's almost identical to Jon's (or Clark's.) I miss when Kara had a personality and her own individual character.
    Shaner can't be beat.

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of funny that Kara and Mary are treated interchangeably .
    It does make it sound like it’s just a powerhouse “good girl” character slot that could be filled with anyone with those generic traits.

I saw the Dark Crisis art and...I dunno, it feels like a jarring shift to suddenly go for older Kara and put her in place like this. And either Kara has a big butt or those are some big pants. Dawn of thicc Kara ?

And the gold belt (is it a belt?) doesn't work with all the blue like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    It does make it sound like it’s just a powerhouse “good girl” character slot that could be filled with anyone with those generic traits.
    Yeah like rouge on the current X-men

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I saw the Dark Crisis art and...I dunno, it feels like a jarring shift to suddenly go for older Kara and put her in place like this. And either Kara has a big butt or those are some big pants. Dawn of thicc Kara ?

And the gold belt (is it a belt?) doesn't work with all the blue like that.
    I wouldn't call it a belt anymore.

With Evely, it started to look like a back brace. The kind you'd wear while exercising, or moving heavy furniture.

At least the boots in Dark Crisis seem to fit better than in Evely's drawing of the Tomorrow costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if they switched out Mary so as not to step on Josie and Doc Shaner’s toes (since originally the upcoming Mary mini would have been out by now)? That League is meant to fail, maybe they didn’t want to have Mary’s first big step into the spotlight be associated with a JL implosion. Unfortunately it being last minute means it’s unlikely we’ll get to see Kara and Jon interacting which I would like to see more of.
    It's because of Mary's status quo. Due to the events of Teen Titans Academy, Billy's gone and the rest of the Shazam family are depowered. Mary gets her powers back in the first issue of that mini, but since it's not out yet, that means she can't take part in Dark Crisis and had to be substituted. So they redrew her as Kara.

Frankly, Kara should've been involved in the first place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well Kara officially has her Woman of Tomorrow look in Dark Crisis. I can’t believe they still have her going by Supergirl, what an odd choice given they’ve decided to age her up.
    She was only aged up to 21. The TV version was 30 and still going by Supergirl - and according to the Legends of Tomorrow issue of the Earth-Prime mini, she's still calling herself that when she's over 50 (though, since Kryptonians age slow, she'd probably still look like she did in her twenties) - not that she'd even need a codename any more considering she outed herself in the series finale.

The costume is the odd choice, not the codename. That final scene in WOT was set over 200 years in the future, when her travelling companion Ruthye had grown old! If they wanted to update her to a costume with pants, they should've used the one from Jon's Future State story, since that one was set much closer to the present day (and Jon's costume in that is the same one he has in Son of Kal-El).

This one:
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-05-2022 at 06:13 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

She not kryyptonian. I don’t remember that. Than what is she?

Nope, she’s not even Kryptonian.