Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I agree! Very well said!

Artists can't agree about anything with respect to her look. The skirt switches from red to blue in the same book. (The most recent costume was essentially the all-blue one designed by Jorge Jimenez but miscolored after the Infected arc.) They've forgotten about the solar storing feature (which King should have used in Woman of Tomorrow in the first issue!) and the ability to transform into those hooded versions. Too bad - all of that was designed by possibly the best artist at DC, and these were more contemporary looks vs. the slightly dowdy Rebirth suit. (Which was a conservative backlash to the New 52 look.)
    I don't see how the Rebirth suit was "slightly dowdy," it was basically just an adaption of her TV costume at the time.

Yeah, I liked the Rebirth suit. It's a classic look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see how the Rebirth suit was "slightly dowdy," it was basically just an adaption of her TV costume at the time.
    There are variations over the years, and it isn't easy to find good representative looks. The main change in the classic looks is whether it's a miniskirt, or a skirt (Rebirth only).

My images rarely appear well-sized, but for some reason usually look like thumbnails. But, I'll try.

I can only post 3 images at a time, so the followup post will take me a few minutes to prepare.

Matrix:

Supergirl - Matrix.jpg

Earth Angel:

Supergirl Earth Angel.jpg

Linda Danvers:

Supergirl Linda Danvers.jpg

Edited to try to fix attachments.
    Last edited by ohfellow; 07-15-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Incredible Member

For some reason the attachments in the last post don't even appear as thumbnails. Weird. I tried to fix it but couldn't.

Here are the next 3.

Rebirth:

Supergirl Rebirth - Ching.jpg

Melissa TV:

Supergirl Melissa TV.jpg

Jorge Jimenez:

Supergirl Jorge Jimenez.jpg

Melissa's skirt is around 8 inches shorter than Rebirth. Rebirth usually reaches the top of the boots.

The point is simply that the Rebirth skirt is the most conservative. It's the only one of these that is not a miniskirt.

I left out the extreme Michael Turner version - that design varied somewhat over the years depending on the artist. But technically it was modeled on the Linda Danvers version, but with colors swapped around to be more classic (and the gloves removed).

The Jimenez version has a sleekness to it, which Kevin Maguire sustained during his run.

They are subtle differences.

Mora’s suit for Kara in Batman/Superman is my current favorite even though I like the current one too:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My absolute all-time favorite Kara suit <3
    432CFE81-8171-4434-9442-6E949CFB8BD3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mora’s suit for Kara in Batman/Superman is my current favorite even though I like the current one too:

My only issue is I don't really understand the yellow around the shoulders.

I just personally wish they'd stop giving her costumes that make her look more like Clark.

Astonishing Member

I can't even recognize the emblem on her chest (above). It looks like random splotches of red and yellow. She's practically disassociating from the House of El.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I can't even recognize the emblem on her chest (above). It looks like random splotches of red and yellow. She's practically disassociating from the House of El.
    Maybe this is the beginning of her growing into Power Girl I

World's Finest is set in the silver age.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Waid couldn’t write the Champions well at all but his Kara is pretty great.

When he’s not trying to be “topical” he doesn’t have a bad voice for teens (or at least Supergirl and Robin). This might be the most affectionate portrayal of Kara and Kal’s relationship since the Pre-Crisis days.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I hope Waid and Mora can do Kara again...

Cute art .

Is Diana supposed to be wearing leggings on the right? Can't be too revealing .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid couldn’t write the Champions well at all but his Kara is pretty great.
    Hey, it's not like Champions was Waid's first time writing teenagers, he's Impulse's creator.

Though, yeah, Zub's Champions run was an improvement.