Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Controversial opinion.. but I'd like to have actually seen Kara with Darkseid in an actual consensual relationship and leading his Furies. Or at least have a story like that story given much much more time than it was. No idea why, but the thought of an "evil" Kara, leading the furies and knowing what chaos she could sew before ultimately deciding to help the 'good guys' and taking up her mantle as Supergirl once she decided to stand for hope rather than conquest would have been a nice twist on the story. Also would create some major dynamic differences between her and Superman, as she would have a different side to her, a dark place she has and could go to which Clark himself tries his best to avoid(although has had many elseworld stories where he hasn't). idk I just felt like it would have been something nice if not interesting to have added to her character.

soupman.jpg

I've heard the Red Lantern story sort of does something like that, but I haven't had the time to check it out.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-28-2022 at 04:59 PM.

You… want Darkseid and Kara to be a couple? And here I thought I’d seen and heard everything lol. In terms of “willingly joining” Darkseid’s Furies however, YJ Kara might have done that. We don’t know because S4 of the animated show ended on a cliff hanger that’s probably never going to be resolved, but she joined the Furies at the end of that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Reminds me of how JL Infinite somehow figured out a DarkseidxWonder Woman pairing .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You… want Darkseid and Kara to be a couple? And here I thought I’d seen and heard everything lol. In terms of “willingly joining” Darkseid’s Furies however, YJ Kara might have done that. We don’t know because S4 of the animated show ended on a cliff hanger that’s probably never going to be resolved, but she joined the Furies at the end of that.
    That reasoning I think was she was abandoned in the Phantom Zone and some reasoning that she felt "abandoned" or something to that extent is what they would likely have gone with. But yeah, that was quite a cliffhanger that we'll sadly likely not see resolved. But Supergirl with/leading the Furies is something I've always wanted to see.

Reread King’s Supergirl mini, still holds up imo:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Darkseid and the word "consensual" do not belong in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    That's right - I just checked, and Dark Crisis #1 was released 2 weeks before Action #1044, which is where David Lapham's work started with the story set in Steel's lab.

But if Mary was truly replaced by Kara - which is what we have all heard - then it's possible that Action #1044 was finished before Dark Crisis #1, so to the extent they were coordinating, Action might have served as the reference for Dark Crisis and not the other way around.
    We haven't just heard, the evidence was posted on Bleeding Cool. Dark Crisis was definitely done first.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...risis-spoiler/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That tracks with the way Kara's basically done nothing! But I'm hopeful she'll do something cool. Beat up Punchline or something. Yeah. I hate Punchline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reminds me of how JL Infinite somehow figured out a DarkseidxWonder Woman pairing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    That reasoning I think was she was abandoned in the Phantom Zone and some reasoning that she felt "abandoned" or something to that extent is what they would likely have gone with. But yeah, that was quite a cliffhanger that we'll sadly likely not see resolved. But Supergirl with/leading the Furies is something I've always wanted to see.
    You people people are why superheroines will get to much nightmare fuel of rule34 with tons of male characrers that only a sick and nerdy shut in would come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My first taste of Darkseidx WW was from the old Superfriends cartoon. MWHAHAAHAAHAHAAHA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI6yubIwIN8

Incredible Member

Reread King’s Supergirl mini, still holds up imo:

I have my problem's with king's characters in general, but I really liked his version of Kara.

He captures the bitterseetness of a person who has lost as much as she has without making her too superficially angry or edgy. The combination of sadness, bitterness, snark but also hope, cheerfulness and determination is something very difficult to juggle and I think he mostly nailed it.

Incredible Member

King's Kara was alright. I remember having issues with some specific choices he had her take in the mini, but nothing that bugged me enough to specifically remember right now. My biggest problem with it was Ruthye's narration.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I really liked King's Supergirl book. I also liked the character of Ruthye generally. However, one nitpick I did have was that her dialogue seemed verbose just for the sake of being so. Kind of came off as King wanting to prove to people he could write intelligently with million dollar words just for the sake of it. But having said that, I did like the book and Ruthye overall.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I love the way Federici draws the S logo.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog