Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Yeah, I don't think you see them with Legion Rings in the trailer or on the cover art.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

At first I thought that was supposed to represent her powering up, and then I realized they blew up the rocket .

One more issue to go, it would be neat to have Kara and Babs be the ones who ultimately save the day.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Huh, that's the same font Tim Drake's book uses. And it's one of British comic the Beano's house fonts too! Seems that font has gotten popular.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At first I thought that was supposed to represent her powering up, and then I realized they blew up the rocket .

One more issue to go, it would be neat to have Kara and Babs be the ones who ultimately save the day.
    I also thought she was powering up. Then I read a review that said the rocket blew up. I guess dramatically that works better as a cliffhanger, but the question I have is: from this art, HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW?!

Sometimes I like Otto Schmidt's work. I used to love it, but these days more often I simply DO NOT. His action scenes are difficult to interpret - he doesn't so much draw action as he sketches blobs of color and blurred lines to convey that things are happening. It's a bad style, maybe rushed, and I'm seeing traces of that in lots of other books these days, too.

His work on this series started really strong. Sad how much it deteriorated.

If anyone is buying this in print, it looks especially muddy and dim. His entirely orange pages just don't look good on the matte paper DC is still using for this series. It looks like it's coated in a dim, gray layer. (One of their two Canadian printers has switched to glossier paper, but isn't the one printing this series.)

I guess this would be a natural crossover...or Gwen and Batgirl.

Incredible Member

I loved that next-to-last panel.

I also would love a happy ending with those two but I'm also prepared for a possible horror story twist ending to rear its ugly head

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel has its own crossover in the Nightbird alt version of Gwen Stacy, who is identical to Batgirl. She even has a Clocktower.

Night-Gwen.jpg

Not entirely identical. Her civilian job is a psychiatrist at the local asylum Ravencroft - Marvel's version of Arkham. That's taken from Harley Quinn. She actually turns villain too due to being Goblin gassed (equivalent to being Jokerised), before being freed from the brainwashing in the Gwenverse mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Both daughters of cops. They'd almost certainly be Amalgamed if they brought back the Marvel/DC crossover label.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Marvel has its own crossover in the Nightbird alt version of Gwen Stacy, who is identical to Batgirl. She even has a Clocktower.

Night-Gwen.jpg
    It kinda surprises me (and disappoints me too) than Heroes Reborn didn't had his own version of Supergirl. Who could had been the better candidate for Hyperiongirl? Or Hypergirl?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It kinda surprises me (and disappoints me too) than Heroes Reborn didn't had his own version of Supergirl. Who could had been the better candidate for Hyperiongirl? Or Hypergirl?
    Carol Danvers could have easily been that but the gimmick of the event meant she played a different role. The two have a lot of overlap.

Carol Danvers could have easily been that but the gimmick of the event meant she played a different role. The two have a lot of overlap.
    Yeah, but Carol was powerless in that story. I think there was Ultragirl, a character with little use than could had fit the requirements for be an analog.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yeah, but Carol was powerless in that story. I think there was Ultragirl, a character with little use than could had fit the requirements for be an analog.
    Yeah, Ultragirl got introduced so Carol could have a sidekick... and... not used. Oh also... Ultragirl is a Kree/Human.... Mutant... but not an X-gene Mutant? Yeah, that never got explained... maybe if the character gets used more?

Incredible Member

I need a story were a depowered Kara gets the Powers of Shazam and gets called... Lady Shazam obviously :P