Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465666768 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not entirely identical. Her civilian job is a psychiatrist at the local asylum Ravencroft - Marvel's version of Arkham. That's taken from Harley Quinn. She actually turns villain too due to being Goblin gassed (equivalent to being Jokerised), before being freed from the brainwashing in the Gwenverse mini.

Both daughters of cops. They'd almost certainly be Amalgamed if they brought back the Marvel/DC crossover label.
    Thanks for the reminders! Yes, she's an interesting mashup.

Forgive the digression, but I read that Gwenverse story. Between that, and his Robins mini-series (the first "round robin contest" winner), elements of Superman vs. Lobo, and his story in Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #4, I've put Tim Seeley on a list of writers I try to avoid. Gwenverse was the story that was the last straw for me. He comes up with some super high concept that's impossible to execute in a story anyone could explain, then produces a book or series filled with no-rules nonsense where anything can and will happen. In the Gwenverse case there was an antagonist named Finale at the end of time, determined to make sure she survived by becoming an immortal meme (!) - sure, that was commentary about social media, tumblr perhaps, but it's not a story that makes sense. But it looked great - very well-drawn nonsense. This was written for people who want to see lots of versions of Gwen with interesting abilities and different histories and personalities, where a sensible story is not important. But he probably has lots of fans of his flights of fantasy. You could call him "inventive." Did he always write this kind of fantastical stuff?

Incredible Member

The Kal-El Returns Special implied that:

spoilers:
    Kara has been dead before in current continuity. She's shown in a montage of people who have "fallen" before alongside Conner and Batman, and in her 80's headband outfit. It may just be that her COIE death will finally be canon to main continuity.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 11-29-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

spoilers:
    Kara has been dead before in current continuity. She's shown in a montage of people who have "fallen" before alongside Conner and Batman, and in her 80's headband outfit. It may just be that her COIE death will finally be canon to main continuity.
    end of spoilers
    This new continuity is a mess.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This new continuity is a mess.

Actually it is clean to me,all things "important " happened.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was kind of wondering as much considering how early World's Finest dates her and she doesn't seem to be that old in the present-day, King mini aside.

So she may have died and lost a few years.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

For those of you who remember or have read Supergirl in Adventure Comics when and after Mike Sekowsky was writing/drawing -- what is your favorite costume she wore (all were designed by fans)? As much as I liked the blouse and hot pants, I think I favored the one with the chain belt and hip boots (very mod). But I also liked the one with the tights and the S emblem on the belt (as well as chest). None of the others from that era left much of a mark on me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I was kind of wondering as much considering how early World's Finest dates her and she doesn't seem to be that old in the present-day, King mini aside.

So she may have died and lost a few years.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Post-Crisis is a merged universe, and there isn't necessarily one guide explaining who is from which of the Infinite earths that got rolled into the one remaining earth.

My theory has been that the Kara Zor-El who arrived in 2004 was from a Krypton that had been part of a different one of the infinite universes. It's a different Kara Zor-El than the one who died.

The curious thing is that she is now remembered, when she had been forgotten. It would also be interesting to hear what she would have to say about it. I guess she'd say "I didn't know her, but she sounds very impressive!"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    For those of you who remember or have read Supergirl in Adventure Comics when and after Mike Sekowsky was writing/drawing -- what is your favorite costume she wore (all were designed by fans)? As much as I liked the blouse and hot pants, I think I favored the one with the chain belt and hip boots (very mod). But I also liked the one with the tights and the S emblem on the belt (as well as chest). None of the others from that era left much of a mark on me.
    For me the hot pants, blouse with the slippers is my favorite from this era. I didn't like it as much when they gave her boots to replace the slippers.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looking groovy .

Lazarus Planet Alpha 1 Preview Supergirl/Powergirl Team Up

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/monk...azarus-planet/

https://twitter.com/skyepatridge/sta...6VdmzDhuAfPyYw

Literal dream stuff, friends
    Hm I guess Skye is drawing Kara officially for something? Lazarus Planet related maybe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

I’m of the opinion that Pre-crisis Kara and post-crisis Kara should be the same person

Largely because it’s more befitting Clark’s personality shift in the Byrne era where he denounces his kryptonian identity

And the Geoff Johns era where the return of Kara causes Clark to reconnect to his silver age roots

I also think they should be the same person. She could have been believed dead and without her memories when she was brought back, gradually becoming the person she used to be again.