Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    The impractically huge belt makes the wearer look like a professional wrestling champion. Or maybe Elvis. I like the idea of Kara's wearing the cape as a skirt, over the pants.

This is a better design by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is a better design by comparison.

Um no,
    This one from future state

image hosting
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Lol they were going to make Kara a fascist too in Future State:

Concurrent plans existed to push Supergirl in an increasingly fascistic direction for reasons that made scant sense to me.
    From Morrison’s Substack which I posted in the S&tA thread
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Um no,
    This one from future state

image hosting
    Does everybody need to wear skintight bodysuits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol they were going to make Kara a fascist too in Future State:

From Morrison’s Substack which I posted in the S&tA thread
    So...5G was officially a bust, right?

Incredible Member

... if they were going to push Clark in an "authoritarian direction" (before Morrison got involved, at least), what would have been the point of pushing Kara in the same direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    ... if they were going to push Clark in an "authoritarian direction" (before Morrison got involved, at least), what would have been the point of pushing Kara in the same direction?
    Clearing the way for Jon. Both Clark and Kara were going to lose their “unimpeachable” status in order to give Jon conflict. Doubtlessly there would’ve been a confrontation between Jon and Clark & Kara which would’ve seen Jon likely toss them both in the Phantom Zone or what have you.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Clearing the way for Jon. Both Clark and Kara were going to lose their “unimpeachable” status in order to give Jon conflict. Doubtlessly there would’ve been a confrontation between Jon and Clark & Kara which would’ve seen Jon likely toss them both in the Phantom Zone or what have you.
    Well, it's not unheard of to screw over the originals for the new kid on the block .

Incredible Member

I know. I just didn't want to mention it under the assumption that my contempt for so much of what's been done with and for the kid since shortly after Reborn was coloring my views.

I just realized it was going to be yet another attempt to make Supergirl evil.

Because we obviously haven't had enough of that.

Incredible Member

To be absolutely fair, I can see how "Kara as Space Fascist" would snowball as... sane-r people handled that concept into "Kara taking care of her own colony of aliens", which is basically what Future State did, which despite... insultingly terrible handling of Kara's characterization and development, was actually a pretty good concept for her status quo and general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    To be absolutely fair, I can see how "Kara as Space Fascist" would snowball as... sane-r people handled that concept into "Kara taking care of her own colony of aliens", which is basically what Future State did, which despite... insultingly terrible handling of Kara's characterization and development, was actually a pretty good concept for her status quo and general direction.
    To be honest I didn't quite agree with that story's take and it's focus on how Kara was somehow slighted from being the greatest Superhero of Earth because she showed up after Clark did but it at least respected the character better than I think 5G would have. It's not like DC has established a lot of goodwill when it comes to writing Kara.

Does everybody need to wear skintight bodysuits?

So...5G was officially a bust, right?

When it comes to her, in a really well done suit, like this, heck yeah.

Kara is to good of a person to go in a bad way, it would be so out of character thst us fans would say no and revoly form the new direction fast
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

When it comes to her, in a really well done suit, like this, heck yeah.

Kara is to good of a person to go in a bad way, it would be so out of character thst us fans would say no and revoly form the new direction fast
    I think it'd look better with a skirt.

I think it'd look better with a skirt.

Here is ur skirt, another great look for her

Here is ur skirt, another great look for her
    I'm pro classic look .