Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pro classic look .

Oh I am too, but the more they want women to go full pants, these kinda looks will be what we as fans could only hope they stuck with, and not a mess of a suit that sticks
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Oh I am too, but the more they want women to go full pants, these kinda looks will be what we as fans could only hope they stuck with, and not a mess of a suit that sticks
    I feel like it's overthinking it to some degree.

Here is ur skirt, another great look for her
    That's not a skirt... it's more colorful version of the duster Neo wears in the Matrix. :P Which is a look I fully support.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it's overthinking it to some degree.

I totally agree, but the loud ones keep screaming for it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's not a skirt... it's more colorful version of the duster Neo wears in the Matrix. :P Which is a look I fully support.

Yep skirt or not, it's a great look.

Like the 2 pics I already posted, but also this one from injustice
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Why'd she steal Diana's belt?

Heh, that was my first thought as well.

Kara should have stolen some better boots, those things are pretty rough looking...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That's...horrendous. It's basically Supergirl in New 52's Superman's suit. There's nothing much to differentiate the two costumes other than the way too big belt and the boots which would easily become less stylized by whomever draws her next.
    Romita added the giant yellow "belt" in his occasional drawings of Supergirl in other Superman books, corrupting the redesign Jimenez did before the long Andrekyo-penned space adventure in her last regular title. I doubt Romita was being intentional about it - he just has his unusual style that exaggerates so much. At that time, the blue skirt also turned red again, in most books. This had by now deviated far from the adaptable solar-battery/transforming suite she'd worn in space, never to be heard from again.

A FEW artists maintained the Jimenez style and color, but that was mostly in cameos. Basically, the Romita version became the new reference almost everyone is now working from, and it's just got too much yellow in the mid-section. I don't think it's a good look. Yellow has always been used as a highlight, not so dominantly. But perhaps some people actively like it? I think at best, people are neutral about it.

In black & white, some people have even misinterpreted the giant gold belt as a return to the belly shirt. After all, who has ever seen a belt like that on anyone?

The change reminds me a bit of what happened to the shirt cuffs in the pre-Flashpoint costume, that morphed from a little yellow trim to long yellow wrist bracelets. But compared to the belt, that was a trivial evolution.

I miss the yellow-bordered cape from pre-Flashpoint and later when the New 52 added a collar to it. It was a regal cloak.

Yep skirt or not, it's a great look.

Like the 2 pics I already posted, but also this one from injustice
    mmm yeah Kryptonian fashion tends to do stuff like that.

I don't personally care about whether she wears pants or not, it's... differently good I think.

Extraordinary Member

When is she talking up superwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When is she talking up superwoman?
    Doesn't seem like it's in the cards in the immediate future.

Incredible Member

Yep, if she didn't become Superwoman in a book literally called "Woman of Tomorrow", I doubt she's taking up that name soon, unless PKJ somehow makes her an extremely prominent character in the next arc of Action Comics to justify that change (which I doubt).

Astonishing Member

Kara will become Superwoman when Clark and Lois have a daughter who, in her early teens, becomes Supergirl.

Yeah, there's currently no obvious Supergirl successor unless they bring back the 90s Linda Danvers (who logically should be older than Kara!) or give the name to Gotham Girl (who is a Bat character with Superman's powers). Due to the mythos, creating a new character isn't so easy like it is with the Flash or Bat families.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean it still kind of works that a newly turned 21 year old is still going by Supergirl, Wally was Kid Flash up to then, but yeah eventually she should be called Superwoman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I wonder how her age will work with the retcon in Batman/Superman that she's been around since before Lois knew Clark was Superman. Because that would put her a lot older than the 21 years Woman of Tomorrow went with (which was already an age-up from what we last knew of her age).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I wonder how her age will work with the retcon in Batman/Superman that she's been around since before Lois knew Clark was Superman. Because that would put her a lot older than the 21 years Woman of Tomorrow went with (which was already an age-up from what we last knew of her age).
    retcon that Crisis on Infinite Earths did not kill her but instead made her disappear for a few years?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.