Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Devil's Reign is such wasted potential for Laura because its not even just the idiocy of them not bothering to check that yes she has fought Taskmaster before, but like.....okay fine I'm not totally sure this is the place it would make most sense to tie it in, but I wouldn't mind some reference to the fact that his daughter Finesse was briefly her friend or on the road to being someone who COULD be her friend or understand her, before she betrayed Laura's trust in her by using her to kill the Alchemist in Avengers Academy AND then lying to her about it. Course, that would basically require Duggan look twice at how blithely he had Lorna puppeteer Laura as a literal weapon without Laura having a problem with it, and that's one of his most Yikes moments so far.....

But also, as others have said but honestly can't be stressed enough, even bigger than not acknowledging Laura's fought Taskmaster before and would remember it even if he didn't......how is the entire Devil's Reign tie-in geared around the Kingpin having used Emma as one of his invisible women to take care of his enemies.....with zero mention of how Laura was ALSO forced to assassinate people for him???
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-29-2022 at 10:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    how is the entire Devil's Reign tie-in geared around the Kingpin having used Emma as one of his invisible women to take care of his enemies.....with zero mention of how Laura was ALSO forced to assassinate people for him???
    Because Laura isn't Emma, and Marvel's X-Office would never allow Laura to have that important a role in an event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because Laura isn't Emma, and Marvel's X-Office would never allow Laura to have that important a role in an event.
    I mean, true, and also I legit just think Duggan has no idea. Imagine a world where X-writers were required to even just read the freaking wiki pages about a character they call dibs on before writing them, like that was a literal job requirement. One whole page of reading just to make sure you know the fundamental basics of the characters you make your core cast. What a world that would be.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, true, and also I legit just think Duggan has no idea. Imagine a world where X-writers were required to even just read the freaking wiki pages about a character they call dibs on before writing them, like that was a literal job requirement. One whole page of reading just to make sure you know the fundamental basics of the characters you make your core cast. What a world that would be.
    Getting paid and yet don't even do a brief check

You have editors on top and just googling Laura and Taskmaster would show that they have fought before

Astonishing Member

20220201_142451.jpg

Next month's women of marvel varents

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    20220201_142451.jpg

Oh this is cute as hell. I like it when Laura can actually smile, even if it’s a bit subdued.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    20220201_142451.jpg

Variant only, or will she actually have a story?

Variant only, or will she actually have a story?
    No Story.

Here’s a full list of the WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 adventures you can look forward to:
    - A Squirrel Girl and Black Widow team-up against a maniacal villain in a story that explores the complexities of super hero identities by Hugo award winning writer Charlie Jane Anders and artist Emma Kubert
    - An action-packed Shanna the She-Devil and Silver Sable short sees the jungle ladies battle against wild animal poachers by award winning video game script writer Rhianna Pratchett and artist Alina Erofeeva
    - A dark Jessica Jones tale of compulsion and redemption from celebrated creator Jordie Bellaire and drawn by rising star Zoe Thorogood
    - A fun-filled page-flipper of Black Cat’s greatest failures and latest triumphs by novelist Preeti Chhibber and superstar artists Jen Bartel, Marguerite Sauvage, Eleonora Carlini, Ann Maulina, and Claire Roe
    - A story of magic and hope starring Scarlet Witch by the wildly popular creator Mirka Andolfo, making her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside artist Sumeyye Kesgin

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    No Story.

Here’s a full list of the WOMEN OF MARVEL #1 adventures you can look forward to:
    - A Squirrel Girl and Black Widow team-up against a maniacal villain in a story that explores the complexities of super hero identities by Hugo award winning writer Charlie Jane Anders and artist Emma Kubert
    - An action-packed Shanna the She-Devil and Silver Sable short sees the jungle ladies battle against wild animal poachers by award winning video game script writer Rhianna Pratchett and artist Alina Erofeeva
    - A dark Jessica Jones tale of compulsion and redemption from celebrated creator Jordie Bellaire and drawn by rising star Zoe Thorogood
    - A fun-filled page-flipper of Black Cat’s greatest failures and latest triumphs by novelist Preeti Chhibber and superstar artists Jen Bartel, Marguerite Sauvage, Eleonora Carlini, Ann Maulina, and Claire Roe
    - A story of magic and hope starring Scarlet Witch by the wildly popular creator Mirka Andolfo, making her Marvel Comics writing debut alongside artist Sumeyye Kesgin
    No story. Then why the cover?
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 02-03-2022 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    No story. Then why the cover?
    Laura sells well enough people will shell out extra cash for the special unique exclusive cover with her face on it, even if she’s not in the issue.

Laura sells well enough people will shell out extra cash for the special unique exclusive cover with her face on it, even if she’s not in the issue.
    Maybe for the average Joe that thinks she's the X-23 we all know and love...but not the way she is now. She's a parody right now...the lowest I've ever seen her being displayed and I refuse to give Marvel money for a character that is in all retrospect, a female Logan, right now. If I want Logan, I know where he is. Giving her the title of Wolverine is already cringe enough. If they were able to rename Gabby's codename and re-start the Marvel verse again, why not just call her X-23 again or give her the codename Talon?

BANNED

Maybe for the average Joe that thinks she's the X-23 we all know and love...but not the way she is now. She's a parody right now...the lowest I've ever seen her being displayed and I refuse to give Marvel money for a character that is in all retrospect, a female Logan, right now. If I want Logan, I know where he is. Giving her the title of Wolverine is already cringe enough. If they were able to rename Gabby's codename and re-start the Marvel verse again, why not just call her X-23 again or give her the codename Talon?
    Part of the problem with Talon is that since Laura’s debut, DC introduced a character with that name, so you have some potential issues there.

Astonishing Member

Part of the problem with Talon is that since Laura’s debut, DC introduced a character with that name, so you have some potential issues there.
    Yeah and unfortunately its not even just a character, but the name Talon is tied into a whole concept that's been enthusiastically well-received by most writers and fans, and its rooted in the Batfamily of all things too, so like.....the chances of it ever being disassociated from that are slim. Marvel and DC often have characters with the same codename, but they're usually minor characters who they don't view as being worth trademarking the name and fighting each other, and I don't see two franchises as high profile as the Batfamily and the Wolverine family ever being likely to share.

Personally, though I've never been able to think of a good one along these lines, I think an ideal codename for Laura would be some kind of synonym or reference to autonomy, self-determination, maybe even a kind of emancipation as in her self-emancipation from the agendas people have tried to have for her since before she was even born.

Yeah and unfortunately its not even just a character, but the name Talon is tied into a whole concept that's been enthusiastically well-received by most writers and fans, and its rooted in the Batfamily of all things too, so like.....the chances of it ever being disassociated from that are slim. Marvel and DC often have characters with the same codename, but they're usually minor characters who they don't view as being worth trademarking the name and fighting each other, and I don't see two franchises as high profile as the Batfamily and the Wolverine family ever being likely to share.

Personally, though I've never been able to think of a good one along these lines, I think an ideal codename for Laura would be some kind of synonym or reference to autonomy, self-determination, maybe even a kind of emancipation as in her self-emancipation from the agendas people have tried to have for her since before she was even born.
    Then why not...Wild Claw. It doesn't come up in the database and hasn't been used in 616 as far as I know.

Then why not...Wild Claw. It doesn't come up in the database and hasn't been used in 616 as far as I know.
    Anything with Wild in the name sounds like a "Contains Dangerous Levels of 90s" name, or like a sidekick to Adam X.

And as fitting a name as Fisher might be (a Fisher is the slightly smaller, but faster and smarter cousin to the wolverine) it also sounds incredibly stupid.
    Dark does not mean deep.