Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

When they demand Allen Scott ans Jay garrick takers there titles back from hale and Barry then they can talk. Untill then shut up, half this whining is "She has booba msheu or my favorite I hate the character becaue of I have ED and its not sexy comics fault (If you know who that group is. Sorry you have to deal with them) they have the same stagnating mindset that's killing innovation in comics and driving fans and creator's away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Fair warning. You'll also hear a LOT of whining and grifting. SO much whining and grifting.

Most of the channels complaining about Laura being Wolverine or Jane Foster being Thor are just anti-SJW channels who complain for the clicks. That's it. That's all they do and all they care to do. Don't take them seriously.
    Sadly, there's lots of guys out there whose balls shrivel up and retreat into their scrotums when confronted with women that are as strong and capable as men, and exist as anything other than fap material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I referring to the pose/figure.
    Eh, the pose is just coincidence. Figure is still weird to acknowledge. It doesn't really FEEL like Logan came out 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Eh, the pose is just coincidence. Figure is still weird to acknowledge. It doesn't really FEEL like Logan came out 5 years ago.
    I know. It is a fun coincidence.

Spectacular Member

Sadly, there's lots of guys out there whose balls shrivel up and retreat into their scrotums when confronted with women that are as strong and capable as men, and exist as anything other than fap material.
    I actually think that Laura is the reason I love stories about strong independent women, I often go out of my way to find books with female leads and I think it comes down to my love of Laura as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great showing for laura in Xmen 11. Really enjoyed her statement about joining the team and the art was stunning. This issue made me want the team to stay as is. Really strong issue.
    X-Men #11 is currently on the stands or are you referring to X-Men Legends #11 (2022)?
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-19-2022 at 10:15 AM.

I have avoided NYC, mostly due to Joe Quesada. Is it worth reading for Laura?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I have avoided NYC, mostly due to Joe Quesada. Is it worth reading for Laura?
    It's a good story. Laura is more of a supporting character, but it does really help flesh out her situation between Innocence Lost and NXM. And while Marvel downplays it these days, the events do get the occasional reference.

Too bad that the X-Men are probably still five years away from appearing in the MCU - and of course it's highly unlikely Laura would be in the first wave. Dafne Keen is now old enough to be a comic accurate Laura (in the film, she's more like the then-new Gabby, in fact it might be why Gabby was created), but by the time they get around to using her (it took 17 years the first time) she'll be too old.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Too bad that the X-Men are probably still five years away from appearing in the MCU - and of course it's highly unlikely Laura would be in the first wave. Dafne Keen is now old enough to be a comic accurate Laura (in the film, she's more like the then-new Gabby, in fact it might be why Gabby was created), but by the time they get around to using her (it took 17 years the first time) she'll be too old.
    Unless they do any sort of Exiles thing, use her in Deadpool, etc.

I added this little beauty to my display case.

PXL_20220422_174712268.PORTRAIT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Less than two weeks away, actually. Where did you hear it was five years away?
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-23-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Also, I am NOT OK with knowledge that Dafne Keen is now 18, and has grown into the "hot teen" she was originally cast as Laura to subvert.
    Sheesh, kids grow up; it's a part of life and they shouldn't be shamed for that, esp. in regards to a fictional character they played years ago.

Besides, in any event, it's not like there's a plan for X-23 to be in a movie anytime soon, much less that Dafne Keen would reprise the character if that was the case. And, if that does happen, Marvel Studios has proven to pretty good about translating their characters well. (Heck, I'd like to see her come back as X-23, either a new version a la J. K. Simmons playing MCU Jameson in the Spider-Man movies or her reprising the original X-23 is some kind of crossover, like the various supporting characters in the last Spider-Man movie.)

(On top of all that, X-23 has been depicted as growing up to be an attractive young woman from day one, so I don't see what the issue in the first place is.)

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I looked through his channel there are a lot of videos about him. I regret looking to be honest.
    In my experience, most of the comic book commentary online is a cesspit.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sheesh, kids grow up; it's a part of life and they shouldn't be shamed for that, esp. in regards to a fictional character they played years ago.

Besides, in any event, it's not like there's a plan for X-23 to be in a movie anytime soon, much less that Dafne Keen would reprise the character if that was the case. And, if that does happen, Marvel Studios has proven to pretty good about translating their characters well. (Heck, I'd like to see her come back as X-23, either a new version a la J. K. Simmons playing MCU Jameson in the Spider-Man movies or her reprising the original X-23 is some kind of crossover, like the various supporting characters in the last Spider-Man movie.)

(On top of all that, X-23 has been depicted as growing up to be an attractive young woman from day one, so I don't see what the issue in the first place is.)

In my experience, most of the comic book commentary online is a cesspit.
    Based on interviews and leaked emails with Kevin Feige, that is more likely then you think. For example:

He said: "[I said] stepping into those shoes would be very, very difficult. And wouldn't it be fun to find a way, if you were ever going to bring Doc Ock back, it would have to be Alfred Molina,"
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ke...n-no-way-home/
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-24-2022 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Based on interviews and leaked emails with Kevin Feige, that is more likely then you think. For example:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ke...n-no-way-home/
    That certainly could be the case, esp. considering that Patrick Stewart is playing Professor X again in some capacity and Keen was extremely well received as the character and seems to have been building a solid acting reputation since. However, I'm not exactly taking it as a given; so far, the MCU has recast before when bringing in new properties, they're not quite as prone to have legacy casting the way the DC Arrowverse has been, and it remains to be seen what they'd want to do with X-23 if they put her in a movie; given how slowly the wheels turn, it could be possible that Keen has aged out of the role by the time anything happens. There is also the advantage of casting a child actress again so they can grow up with the role, a bit like what we're getting with the Tom Holland Spider-Man.

As noted before, I hope I'm wrong; losing the X-23 solo movie was the deal breaker for me in being really happy over Disney buying Fox and the X-Men movies and I would like to see Keen come back again as the character (either adapt her adventures as a young adult or maybe do something where we see both her adult and childhood self somehow; maybe an origins movie cutting between her training and escape from the lab that cloned her and the "present" where she's on a mission to bring them to justice?). Still, I think it's a longer shot than other role reprisals we've gotten to date.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)