Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Where are the editors in these situations?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That is seriously awful. What the hell is Editorial even DOING these days?
    Not doing their homework, that's for sure. I can tell how many times editorials wrote something that already happened and then introduce it like it's the first time!

If cover and description don't lie, we've got Laura vs Lady Deathstrike incoming.
    It can be bad and out of character, but that's what we already expect. No mention of previous fight, or their encounters (New X-Men, Wolverines, ANW)
    It can surprise us. It might maybe mention their fight before (lol, right?), maybe Hellion mention(don't think so) or apperance (haha, yeah)?
    I partially feel need to twitt GD comics scans with their fight, just in case.

tBo7YVa.jpg

X-MEN #10
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Javier Pina (A) • Cover by Pepe Larraz
    Spider-Man Variant Cover by FRANCESCO MANNA
    TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    DEATH STRIKES SWIFTLY!
    The X-Men’s troubles just keep piling one on top of the other and now an old enemy steps forward to cut in on the dance!
    Last edited by Rakurai; 01-20-2022 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    If cover and description don't lie, we've got Laura vs Lady Deathstrike incoming.
    It can be bad and out of character, but that's what we already expect. No mention of previous fight, or their encounters (New X-Men, Wolverines, ANW)
    It can surprise us. It might maybe mention their fight before (lol, right?), maybe Hellion mention(don't think so) or apperance (haha, yeah)?
    I partially feel need to twitt GD comics scans with their fight, just in case.

tBo7YVa.jpg

X-MEN #10
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Javier Pina (A) • Cover by Pepe Larraz
    Spider-Man Variant Cover by FRANCESCO MANNA
    TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    DEATH STRIKES SWIFTLY!
    The X-Men’s troubles just keep piling one on top of the other and now an old enemy steps forward to cut in on the dance!
    Oh, poor Yuriko. She'll wish Laura was Logan!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Seriously disappointed in how Duggan has handled Laura. Talk about zero effort. I was actually looking forward to his work since I really enjoyed some of his past books. Smh

Did he actually choose her for his team, or was he forced to use her? And if he did choose her, then why?? He clearly doesn’t know the character.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, I think that's the way to do it. It's to the point but still respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Seriously disappointed in how Duggan has handled Laura. Talk about zero effort. I was actually looking forward to his work since I really enjoyed some of his past books. Smh

Did he actually choose her for his team, or was he forced to use her? And if he did choose her, then why?? He clearly doesn’t know the character.
    I've had this issue with Laura as well as Rogue and these were the two characters I was most excited to see on this team.
    Make Good Art

Amazing Member

I get the impression that he wanted to use Synch and she’s there to help tell his story. And it’s almost like having Logan, right?

Astonishing Member

So after nearly 20 years, of which we now have almost 5 of them trying to push Laura as Wolverine 2.0, she still has only a single personal enemy who is mostly forgotten, wasn't particular interesting in my opinion (she was basicly Frenzy but with an obsession for Laura and being a sadist) and is officialy very dead currently.

And instead of trying to build up any for her, they now once again throw Lady Deathstrike into the ring?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So after nearly 20 years, of which we now have almost 5 of them trying to push Laura as Wolverine 2.0, she still has only a single personal enemy who is mostly forgotten, wasn't particular interesting in my opinion (she was basicly Frenzy but with an obsession for Laura and being a sadist) and is officialy very dead currently.

And instead of trying to build up any for her, they now once again throw Lady Deathstrike into the ring?
    Kimura had potential. The problem is she ended up pretty one-note, and no one really explored the relationship beyond depicting Kimura as a psychotic possessive jilted Ex. I'd have loved to see stories exploring just how similar Laura's and Kimura's backgrounds actually are. KYost touched on it when Emma confronted her in NXM, but otherwise nothing was ever done with it. Imagine a story arc where Laura and Kimura are forced to examine that connection; both recognizing the other is what they could have been under other circumstances. Perhaps even revealing that's part of what fuels Kimura's rage, that Laura experienced much the same pain that she did, yet managed to heal from it, and that makes Kimura even more bitter and vindictive. That IMMEDIATELY provides a considerably more depth and characterization than we've ever gotten from her in the books.

As for Deathstrike, it's not unusual at all for heroes to pick up each others' rogues. Even Sabretooth was originally an Iron Fist villain before he became Logan's nemesis. It could just be a matter of pairing Laura up with the right villain(s) and finding one that clicks.

I believe this X-man team was constructed by having writers or editors (can't remember which) each pick a character to add, then having the final character (In this case Polaris) voted on by readers... this is a terrible way to build a team.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Kinda sad that the only current book Laura’s really worth reading for is an AU (Dark Ages). It’s refreshing to see her reconstruct a crime scene without needing someone to explain it to her.

I have a theory, when they resurrected Laura from the Vault they accidentally put Logan's brain in there in stead. This basically explains her whole run in x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I believe this X-man team was constructed by having writers or editors (can't remember which) each pick a character to add, then having the final character (In this case Polaris) voted on by readers... this is a terrible way to build a team.
    Not exactly, Jean and Scott as the team leaders was picked by Hickman, since he set it up in his book before he left.
    Duggan said he picked the other four members (Sunfire, Rogue, Synch and Wolverine) because he wanted to write them.
    Polaris was elected by the readers (out of a group of 10 mutants Duggan and White put together).

That being said, I do believe Duggan picked Synch and Wolverine for his team because he enjoyed their story in X-Men 18 / X-Men 19 and wants to build off of that.

Astonishing Member

Well
    spoilers:
    her actions are point.

But liches get stitches i dont know what that means.

end of spoilers

I give it a 65 on the is this laura scale. It's passing but barely
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-26-2022 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well
    spoilers:
    her actions are point.

But liches get stitches i dont know what that means.

end of spoilers

I give it a 65 on the is this laura scale. It's passing but barely
    spoilers:
    I think it's paraphrase of "snitches get stiches". Though I don't know what liches are.
    Her phrasing in that scene is meh, but art is fine and I liked how she told of the guy who said she should kill that beast.
    Also the scene with just scaring him of reminded me of her scaring of a bear in All New X-Men. Don't know if we can put images and make them spoilers, so link to twitter where I put them together here
    Her scene with Scott felt powerful, wish we could get some acknowledgement of her time with O5 and their friendship.
    end of spoilers

Better then previous issues, I think?
    Also, this twitt made me laugh hard about that scene with Taskmaster, and now it's my canon.