Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-23: The Best At What SHE Does Appreciation 2022

Art by Ty Romsa

May as well get the ball rolling for this year, though I don't expect 2022 to treat Laura any better than 2021 did. She needs another solo book where she can actually be written properly again, and maybe finally get a proper Rogues Gallery so she's not so dependent on Kimura.

Here's hoping Laura gets some more shine in 2022.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Here's hoping Laura gets some more shine in 2022.
    I'm honestly starting to wonder if she'd be better off getting out from under the X-Office, and see what the Avengers side could do with her.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Laura's relationship with Synch develops. They're such a cute couple; Laura has a thing for pretty boys it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm honestly starting to wonder if she'd be better off getting out from under the X-Office, and see what the Avengers side could do with her.
    I've thought that for years. Outside of New X-men and maybe the X-force, character always seems dragged down by shoving her onto an X-men team... multiplied by 1000 by the fact that everyone had to be ooc for Krakoa to happen.

Amendment: I have no desire to see Jason Aaron ever write her.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-01-2022 at 09:11 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I've thought that for years. Outside of New X-men and maybe the X-force, character always seems dragged down by shoving her onto an X-men team... multiplied by 1000 by the fact that everyone had to be ooc for Krakoa to happen.
    That, and the Avengers side seems far more willing to let their Legacy characters (IE Kate, Miles, and Kamala) step up and actually play a significant role in the direction of the books. So long as Laura is on the X-books, she's ALWAYS going to be playing second-fiddle to Logan, and won't be allowed to develop to her full potential. How she was treated while Old Man Logan was in the books should be proof enough of that. Can you honestly imagine the X-office allowing her to play a central role in an event, like Miles did in Civil War II?

They even have a perfect one set up thanks to Orphans of X. Laura promised to bring anyone who forced her to kill to justice, and we know there's a very, VERY big name at the top of her client list.

Imagine Laura deciding to bring down Wilson Fisk. You'd have Fisk hiring people like Bull's Eye to defend his empire, some heroes siding with Laura to bring him down, with others possibly trying to stop her because they believe leaving Fisk in place is better than the chaos that would result in the power vacuum. And then you might have some of Fisk's rivals joining in because they want him out of the way for that very reason. And then you compound it with his current "Villain With Good Publicity" situation. It wouldn't take any stretching, character derailment, or railroading to build a Marvel-wide event around it, (unlike most of their events of late, it seems) because all the pieces are already there.

If Logan had a plot hook like this Marvel would be jumping all over it.

Happy new Year to Laura and fans .

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Laura's relationship with Synch develops. They're such a cute couple; Laura has a thing for pretty boys it seems.
    Back when Hickman started it I thought "Well they are two young attractive people". Then I remembered that such a statement covers pretty much all of the X-men. It's easier to make a list of who doesn't fit.

I'm hoping for 2022 to let us know what Laura feels and thinks. To let her have agency. So far Duggan has shown us that he isn't up for the job. Lets hope he steps up and delivers. If not I'm hoping for her to star in another team or perhaps even a new solo or mini. Solo ongoing would be great.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Happy New Year Laura fans
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Happy 2022 to the only x-teen to escape Limbo.

May she drag her friends out of it someday.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Laura bringing in the new year like...
    MDS00076.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Laura bringing in the new year like...
    MDS00076.jpg
    I just about had that entire horrendous run purged from my memory, thank you very much. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don’t know, Aaron is 50/50 imho. He can write some great stuff but his Avengers run has been meh.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Hey Amb, you gonna list her recommend or must read list?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

I feel like they should make her a street level hero. Let logan do the world ending convoluted ****, she can the more character driven emotional core storyes