Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 304
  1. #61
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Question is, what should a new name be? Talon would have been fitting because of her foot claws. And honestly, I'd prefer to avoid something Wolverine-adjacent, (Honey Badger works for Gabby because of her personality, but it would be too thematic/close for Laura) so no other mustelids.
    Gabby is called Scout now. She changed her name at the end of Tamaki's X-23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The way I would do it, based on where we are right now in the Krakoan Age and if Marvel was really serious about Laura becoming the Wolverine and not just sharing the title with him like Peter Parker and Miles Morales share the Spider-man title, is to have some in-story explanation for him handing the mantle off to her. He basically validated her also using the codename in an issue of Hickman’s X-men, but they could go further than that if they wanted to…

    1) Coming out of whatever hell he goes through in XLoW/XDoW, he reflects on his life and tells Laura that he’s tried to play the superhero but just doesn’t believe he’s lived up to it and he’s got to continue doing the ugly things necessary to protect Krakoa, so she is The Wolverine and needs to continue to be better and not be what they made her… something like that where he formally passes the torch and essentially denounces himself as Wolverine, telling her that he’s always been “a weapon” and he just doesn’t see that changing;

    2) Subsequently there will be times where another character (a friend or foe) calls him Wolverine and he reminds them that he’s not the Wolverine anymore, and for any foe he explains why that isn’t a good thing, because The Wolverine is a superhero and he “ain’t that”… right before he guts them;

    3) Keep Logan confined to his solo book and X-Force, running the mutant CIA (obviously allowing for appearances in big events and guest appearances in non-X-titles); and

    4) Retitle his book Weapon X and launch a new Wolverine book starring Laura (yes, I know Logan wouldn’t voluntarily go by Weapon X after what they did to him and I’m not advocating he take that as a codename, rather he would just go by Logan but his book needs a catchy title so I think calling it Weapon X and explaining to the reader in the intro page that “Before he was Wolverine the mutant named Logan was experimented on and brainwashed into an assassin capable of taking out superhuman threats… he was Weapon X” or something like that).

    Those four steps would put Laura more fully into the Wolverine role in the X-men and broader Marvel U while Logan heads in a different, darker direction. I know many of my fellow Logan fans would hate it, but honestly it wouldn’t bother me. Nor does the current set up with both of them being Wolverine bother me honestly. So I’m good either way.
    Why not just call James Howlett's book, Logan?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gabby is called Scout now. She changed her name at the end of Tamaki's X-23.
    I am aware. Doesn't change my opinion (especially because Scout is a stupid name to begin with).
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  3. #63
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I am aware. Doesn't change my opinion (especially because Scout is a stupid name to begin with).
    Agreed. Very generic name. What was wrong with Honey Badger anyway?

  4. #64
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Agreed. Very generic name. What was wrong with Honey Badger anyway?
    It was too cool and appropriate, and Marvel can't have that on an X-Teen.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  5. #65

  6. #66
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Didn't I already see that in the blue and yellow suit?
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Didn't I already see that in the blue and yellow suit?
    Yes. This is the new limited addition xforce color. That means it cost more money and more desirable and definitely not going to be a hot pink/brown and tan color swaps in a few years

  8. #68
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,264

    Default

    It's odd. They call it an X-Force suit, but Laura's never worn a Wolverine costume in X-Force, she was still X-23 when she was on that team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  9. #69
    Spectacular Member Rakurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's odd. They call it an X-Force suit, but Laura's never worn a Wolverine costume in X-Force, she was still X-23 when she was on that team.
    Yeah, I think it's always called that when it comes to figures, they treat it like Wolverine (Logan) X-Force costume, where it was just recolor for him.

    As for making myself cozy it this thread...

    I hope 2022 brings something good for Laura, right now the only good comes of X-Men, that it's a flagship title, so she's there, not pushes somewhere in the void. Although I'm not sure if I prefer my fave being written weak/ooc or not written at all. With each issue I'm going towards the latter.
    I don't enjoy current writing, as she's mostly written as "Logan with tits" and "current/future love interest" for Synch, erasing one characters feats to prop up the other sucks. I know I defended X-Men for first 3 issues, but 4 and 5 were so bad, even I cannot find something good about them. The only good comes of Pepe amazing art, but what is it worth for, if I cannot recognize the character he's drawing. (due to writing of course).

    I think turning point for me was nightmare sequence, where I was like "Ok, so Duggan writes her as she only started to appear in Vault story, great, I'm done", and then came Polaris puppeteering Laura, who didn't mind... and I lost it. Biggest trauma of her life, being used as a weapon by someone and all she thinks about is, that she needs to talk with Synch? Lol, right.
    I can't wait till this plotline is over and she's free of this kind of writing, I hope. I hate being negative about comics issues, it doesn't feel good.
    On the bright side I enjoy her in Dark Ages, maybe not much of her, but art is good and she's in character, fighting alongside Gabby and other heroes, so that's enough for me.

    As a bonus here's art from upcoming X-Men I think, fresh from X-Men Monday.
    XMMa05 (1).jpg

  10. #70
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why not just call James Howlett's book, Logan?
    You could. At this point, thanks to the movie, just the name Logan is probably marketable enough. After all, the Old Man Logan series sold well enough.

    As a bonus here's art from upcoming X-Men I think, fresh from X-Men Monday.
    XMMa05 (1).jpg
    Nice. Looks good.

  11. #71
    All-New Member Iyorill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    1867 2nd Ave
    Posts
    4

    Default

    renault-logan-back-0-684063.jpg

    Because that name is already taken by the automaker

  12. #72
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,652

    Default



    Jeff Dekal
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Nazrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yeah, I think it's always called that when it comes to figures, they treat it like Wolverine (Logan) X-Force costume, where it was just recolor for him.

    As for making myself cozy it this thread...

    I hope 2022 brings something good for Laura, right now the only good comes of X-Men, that it's a flagship title, so she's there, not pushes somewhere in the void. Although I'm not sure if I prefer my fave being written weak/ooc or not written at all. With each issue I'm going towards the latter.
    I don't enjoy current writing, as she's mostly written as "Logan with tits" and "current/future love interest" for Synch, erasing one characters feats to prop up the other sucks. I know I defended X-Men for first 3 issues, but 4 and 5 were so bad, even I cannot find something good about them. The only good comes of Pepe amazing art, but what is it worth for, if I cannot recognize the character he's drawing. (due to writing of course).

    I think turning point for me was nightmare sequence, where I was like "Ok, so Duggan writes her as she only started to appear in Vault story, great, I'm done", and then came Polaris puppeteering Laura, who didn't mind... and I lost it. Biggest trauma of her life, being used as a weapon by someone and all she thinks about is, that she needs to talk with Synch? Lol, right.
    I can't wait till this plotline is over and she's free of this kind of writing, I hope. I hate being negative about comics issues, it doesn't feel good.
    On the bright side I enjoy her in Dark Ages, maybe not much of her, but art is good and she's in character, fighting alongside Gabby and other heroes, so that's enough for me.

    As a bonus here's art from upcoming X-Men I think, fresh from X-Men Monday.
    XMMa05 (1).jpg
    I prefer not written at all.
    Context is king.

    X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

  14. #74
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I prefer not written at all.
    It's really a trap.

    If you buy the book, it's more likely that the bad characterization will become normalized by other writers. But if you don't buy the book because they're written badly, Marvel can just point and say, "See? No one cares about that character."
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  15. #75
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post


    Jeff Dekal
    thats a great pic - is it a cover?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •