Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Though I don't know what liches are.
    A type of undead magic user that has achieved immortality by placing their soul in an object. (or at least that's the contemporary meaning.)
    It's also supposed to be pronounced 'Like', but almost nobody ever does that.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-26-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

So the monkey was also a zombie wizard ?

I think it’s from Dungeons & Dragons or some old role playing game. Seems odd for Laura to say it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think it’s from Dungeons & Dragons or some old role playing game. Seems odd for Laura to say it.
    Well gabby enjoyed did so I guess she got laura in to it

BANNED

EVERYTHING under Hickman and Duggan is something odd for Laura to say.

Seems odd for Laura to say it.
    In todays category, sum up Laura appearances in Krakoan era with one sentence:

It's just one sentence but damn that's an odd choice. If you want to go so specific and geeky you better tailor it to the character. Sure we can say Gabby taught her. We can probably come up with a reason for any character to say it if we dig enough. Witch is foremost a comment on the work fans can do and not on the nature of marvels characters.

It just's so random. Duggan just don't seem to be able to write a decent Laura. I'm not sure why. If there is pride in whatever this direction he sees himself on. From his interviews he strikes me as a person who sees his stubbornness and edge, percieved or not, as tools witch makes him a great writer. I find it unlikly that he will change his approach to Laura, even if fans where to make a campaign and bring it to his notice. If anything it would probably harden his resolve further.

Laura feels so out of character that I can't take it seriously. It will be very easy to forget this version when it ends.

EDIT: Liches are used in D&D and Blizzard/activision has used them extensivly in WoW and Diablo.
    Last edited by Malachi; 01-26-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    A type of undead magic user that has achieved immortality by placing their soul in an object. (or at least that's the contemporary meaning.)
    Crazy that you had to clarify that. I might just be a big nerd but I really expected that to be common knowledge. Y'all never had any connection with the fantasy genre? I mean even Voldemort from Harry Potter is pretty much a lich. He just lacks the undead part though his form is clearly not purely human either. Well anyway...

Laura had a tiny cameo in the Marauders Annual too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Then why give it stitches? Shouldn't wonder glue be better if there all bones ?

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Crazy that you had to clarify that. I might just be a big nerd but I really expected that to be common knowledge. Y'all never had any connection with the fantasy genre? I mean even Voldemort from Harry Potter is pretty much a lich. He just lacks the undead part though his form is clearly not purely human either. Well anyway...
    Some of us are not native to English and if we play Warcraft or anything we play it in our language. It is similar, but it just didn't make sense for me in this context, so I thought maybe it has different meanings?

Some of us are not native to English and if we play Warcraft or anything we play it in our language. It is similar, but it just didn't make sense for me in this context, so I thought maybe it has different meanings?
    It's all good. I was just poking fun at the apparent lack of nerdiness when we are on a comic book forum where we sometimes have heated discussions about fictional characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's all good. I was just poking fun at the apparent lack of nerdiness when we are on a comic book forum where we sometimes have heated discussions about fictional characters
    But what dose litches get stitches mean when told to a monkey? That's the question that needs answers

If cover and description don't lie, we've got Laura vs Lady Deathstrike incoming.
    It can be bad and out of character, but that's what we already expect. No mention of previous fight, or their encounters (New X-Men, Wolverines, ANW)
    It can surprise us. It might maybe mention their fight before (lol, right?), maybe Hellion mention(don't think so) or apperance (haha, yeah)?
    I partially feel need to twitt GD comics scans with their fight, just in case.

Attachment 117575

X-MEN #10
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Javier Pina (A) • Cover by Pepe Larraz
    Spider-Man Variant Cover by FRANCESCO MANNA
    TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    DEATH STRIKES SWIFTLY!
    The X-Men’s troubles just keep piling one on top of the other and now an old enemy steps forward to cut in on the dance!
    Lady Deathstrike versus Laura? Yes, please!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Ema Lupacchino variant for X Deaths #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Ema Lupacchino variant for X Deaths #4.
    Her claw looks weird, like between the wrong knuckles