Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I’m just talking about the incredibly raw wound I still have from that story arc. :-P
    Oh, are you talking about the part where she began dying in space? Murdered the Collector? Or...this?

Wound.jpgWound2.jpgWound3.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-30-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Oh, are you talking about the part where she began dying in space? Murdered the Collector? Or...this?

Wound.jpgWound2.jpgWound3.jpg

LOL! I KNEW it! I was looking through my X-23 Complete Collection vol.2 and was like "What scene could it possibly be?! AHA!"

You know what the worst part is though? Is that it was drawn SO gorgeously. Why couldn't this artist do Chaos Theory and draw her as Captain Universe? I mean don't get me wrong, I love Phil Noto's art and all but this...whew! That kiss was HOT and so very, very cold.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-30-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Amazing Member

Sorry, I couldn't resist
    Last edited by mesjarch; 11-30-2022 at 04:09 PM.

LOL! I KNEW it! I was looking through my X-23 Complete Collection vol.2 and was like "What scene could it possibly be?! AHA!"

You know what the worst part is though? Is that it was drawn SO gorgeously. Why couldn't this artist do Chaos Theory and draw her as Captain Universe? I mean don't get me wrong, I love Phil Noto's art and all but this...whew! That kiss was HOT and so very, very cold.
    Her work in Monstress is stunning.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 11-30-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Call me an awful person, but that was the only time I honestly found the subject matter interesting (layers to it, you can re-read the story and see how its all being set up, etc.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Her work in Monstress is stunning.
    I'll bet it is, it's some of the most striking work I've ever seen. She's in my top 3 along with Artgerm and Leinil Francis Yu.

BANNED

I'll bet it is, it's some of the most striking work I've ever seen. She's in my top 3 along with Artgerm and Leinil Francis Yu.
    TBH Takeda wasn't my favorite artist on the book. It's not that her art isn't gorgeous, I'm just not a fan of Animesque style.

I'm still trying to figure out what dark god I must sacrifice to for Stjepan Sejik to do an X-23 book.

TBH Takeda wasn't my favorite artist on the book. It's not that her art isn't gorgeous, I'm just not a fan of Animesque style.

I'm still trying to figure out what dark god I must sacrifice to for Stjepan Sejik to do an X-23 book.
    Have you tried The Many-Angled Ones? They will give all you desire...and MORE! But...only if you like tentacles and being ripped apart by said tentacles. You could try Sheogorath! I hear the CHEESE is to DIE for in the Shivering Isles. But you can always go wrong with Mephisto, it's gonna cost you your marriage or the one you love the most...which probably means you won't be able to use that avatar anymore or something. I don't know, I don't traffick with these kinds of monstrosities as I prefer to be on the lighter side of The Enigma Force. Oh, you could pay Stjepan Sejik money for a commission piece, I guess.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-30-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

So I found this on Tumblr.
    Apparently there's going to be a mini-series featuring a couple of Sinisters genetic experiments. One of the experiments is a Storm/Magneto hybrid, the other is a Laura/Nightcrawler.
    tumblr_c50283ed68e2408b6a709afba2db89e5_8299c23b_2048.jpgtumblr_ed543b3adee23f1aca4ed90ac0892965_1a47b552_2048.jpg
    She looks freaky and fun!

Spectacular Member

I should probably say that based on the description of Nightcrawlers it would seem that either Wangerine (Yes that does sounds like a venereal disease, why do you ask?) is the commanding officer of a team of Nightcrawler Laura hybrids, or she is in command of a team of various mutants mixed with Nightcrawler. Either way it could be interesting, but I think I would prefer the latter situation to the former one. We've seen enough Laura clones already. There are more clones of her than there are of Logan ar this point.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    So I found this on Tumblr.
    Apparently there's going to be a mini-series featuring a couple of Sinisters genetic experiments. One of the experiments is a Storm/Magneto hybrid, the other is a Laura/Nightcrawler.
    tumblr_c50283ed68e2408b6a709afba2db89e5_8299c23b_2048.jpgtumblr_ed543b3adee23f1aca4ed90ac0892965_1a47b552_2048.jpg
    She looks freaky and fun!
    The Wanda/Laura fusion from Infinity Warps was better.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

I absolutely loved the art. It was like anime-ish and they were both so beautiful.

They were also drawn as young adults, and I remember how disappointed I was because they teased the kiss and I thought this was where they would be together as they moved into adulthood and fulltime heroes. I hated the visual age regression of Hellion in Spiderman's Class not because I thought the art was bad, but because he looked about 12. I remember Hellion in bars drinking beer a few arcs ago, and now he's pre-teen? It was a bit jarring to me, and seemed to reinforce that he was still a child while Laura was a 'glow up' and put more distance between them. (Intentionally or not.)

I also didn't like when they drew Laura to look like Arya Stark a bit later during GoT's popular years.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Wanda/Laura fusion from Infinity Warps was better.
    I liked that version of Laura, but it mostly just seemed like Laura with Magic tbh. I like the look of this one because she looks like she's less restrained and more free feeling than Laura.

Amazing Member

Would love Sejic to do X-23 book, but I think he is now only doing his own comic books. I think he even stopped doing work for Top Cow and DC, because of health reasons.