Astonishing Member

Default Does Cyclops have the potential to become Marvel's Green Lantern?

Could you envision Scott Summers optic blast amplified as a concentrated power of the Green Lantern? His optic visor could be modified to act like a Green Lantern power ring. Do agree?

Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-25-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

No. Doctor Spectrum and Quasar already exist to fill that role, unless they plan to give the Power Prism or Quantum Bands over to Scott or decide to permanently make him Captain Universe (whose powers would allow him to create hard-light constructs), then I don't see it happening. For starters, his eyes don't project hard-light energy, they just endlessly spew plasma right? That means his powers are entirely soft-light and can't be manipulated in such a fashion even with the assistance of a modified visor. Also...there is a reason Scott has never been selected by The Uni-Power, the Power Prism or been handed the Quantum Bands and given the title of Protector of the Universe, he can't handle that kind of power, he is too easily corrupted by it. His experience with The Phoenix Force is more than enough reason for other cosmic forces to consider him tainted goods and keep him at a distance.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-25-2022 at 02:56 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I can envision Marvel doing any sort of thing.

But, personally, I wouldn't like it.

Scott Summers is one of my favourite characters (not only in comic books) and the reason I like him so much is because he is a flawed and complex character on top of being a traditional hero.

One of the elements that I like the most about him is the tactic/strategic aspect of his intellect and how it interacts with the team's dynamics. Giving him something equivalent to Green Lantern's powers won't make him less intelligent, but it will make him be able to deal with lots of situations on his own (= no team effort). And, being a hero, I suppose he would want to do exactly that so not to endanger other team-mates.

So, indirectly, he would be losing one of the most fun aspects of his character, which (again: in my opinion) is already underused by the writers as it is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    No. Doctor Spectrum and Quasar already exist to fill that role, unless they plan to give the Power Prism or Quantum Bands over to Scott or decide to permanently make him Captain Universe (whose powers would allow him to create hard-light constructs), then I don't see it happening. For starters, his eyes don't project hard-light energy, they just endlessly spew plasma right? That means his powers are entirely soft-light and can't be manipulated in such a fashion even with the assistance of a modified visor. Also...there is a reason Scott has never been selected by The Uni-Power, the Power Prism or been handed the Quantum Bands and given the title of Protector of the Universe, he can't handle that kind of power, he is too easily corrupted by it. His experience with The Phoenix Force is more than enough reason for other cosmic forces to consider him tainted goods and keep him at a distance.
    Not plasma. It is a concusive force beam. like a light that punches. But yes it is not a hard light construct beam.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

there's already Dazzler who fills that role and she doesn't even have to make some silly little pledge to activate her powers. she just needs you to turn up machine gun Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Could you envision Scott Summers optic blast amplified as a concentrated power of the Green Lantern? His optic visor could be modified to act like a Green Lantern power ring. Do agree?

your pitch would suit his brothers more than him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-25-2022 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It's been done.