Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Cool that she is on the cover. Hopefully she will get some speaking role unlike hellfire gala. Also, that a weird group she’s hanging with. Don’t believe she’s met any of them so far
    TBH, I increasingly feel that Laura should be moved under the Avengers office, because she'll have a better chance of having something relevant to do without that Logan-shaped roadblock like in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, I increasingly feel that Laura should be moved under the Avengers office, because she'll have a better chance of having something relevant to do without that Logan-shaped roadblock like in the X-books.
    Seriously, mutant is like the least defining aspect of their character.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Seriously, mutant is like the least defining aspect of their character.
    In fact she should take the rest of the New X-Men with her. Prodigy and Dust didn't start regaining some of their mid-2000s relevancy until THEY moved into Avengers-adjacent teams, either.

Amazing Member

Cool that she is on the cover. Hopefully she will get some speaking role unlike hellfire gala. Also, that a weird group she’s hanging with. Don’t believe she’s met any of them so far
    Well, she interacted with Bloodstone’s brother for what it’s worth. And if that’s Man-Thing in the background they very, very briefly met. Otherwise, no, entirely new group for her. And seconding that she should go to the Avengers office. She’s even technically an Avenger because of Academy.

In fact she should take the rest of the New X-Men with her. Prodigy and Dust didn't start regaining some of their mid-2000s relevancy until THEY moved into Avengers-adjacent teams, either.
    The Young Avengers and Champions, yeah. Champions already mentioned Honey Badger, as Gabby was back then, being a Reinforcement Roster member. But if the team came back, Laura would hardly be out of place on the team! She's only a year or so older than Brawn is and of course was on the New X-Men alongside Dust. And being a legacy character as Wolverine, she'd fit right in with the Young Avengers too. She'd work well on either of them.

I assume they have plans for her somewhere now that she's no longer on the main X-Men squad?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-29-2022 at 09:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Well, she interacted with Bloodstone’s brother for what it’s worth. And if that’s Man-Thing in the background they very, very briefly met. Otherwise, no, entirely new group for her. And seconding that she should go to the Avengers office. She’s even technically an Avenger because of Academy.
    I don’t remember her and manthing meeting. Where did that happen?

Astonishing Member

I don’t remember her and manthing meeting. Where did that happen?
    It was Wolverines. I think

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It was Wolverines. I think
    Didn't MT only interact with Mystique and Portal? Honestly, that last issue was so messy, I almost don't remember it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Didn't MT only interact with Mystique and Portal? Honestly, that last issue was so messy, I almost don't remember it.
    Agreed. It was almost certainly rushed because of Secret Wars. For one they made a point of building up that Laura knows how to see through Mystique's shapeshifting, and then completely ignored it by having her job in the last issue.

Astonishing Member

19 years ago today she made her debut in xmen evolution.

Astonishing Member

19 years ago today she made her debut in xmen evolution.
    As openly emotional anger driven teenager with brownish skin color.

Quite a contrast to the fair skinned one with a difficulty to show her emotions which the comic version defaulted towards, until she got the wolverine wannabe costume and writers just wrote her as female teenage Wolverine because of not knowing better.

Also interesting because the Logan version seems closer to the Evolution one than the comic version in that regard.

Fanart from Reddit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The wolverine family has a camio in marvel meow 12. Theres a cat party, gabby and Jonathan meet Jeff the land shark laura is not amused and I think logan constipated ? I can't tell with his face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fanart from Reddit.
    I actually kind of liked the blue/gold highlights. It was a subtle detail, but that sort of subtleness suited her so well.

The wolverine family has a camio in marvel meow 12. Theres a cat party, gabby and Jonathan meet Jeff the land shark laura is not amused and I think logan constipated ? I can't tell with his face.
    Screens?

Astonishing Member

I actually kind of liked the blue/gold highlights. It was a subtle detail, but that sort of subtleness suited her so well.

Screens?
    Screenshot_20220806-170710_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Here's the thing