The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fanart from Reddit.
    Last one looks like Vixen.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Looks like there’s an X-23 Omnibus coming next year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/X23/comment...tm_name=iossmf
    Yay, have been wanting that in hardcover for years. (Interesting that it looks like that one book collects all of the two X-23 Complete Collections, but is listed as a "Volume 1"; what else would be found in a Volume 2?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yay, have been wanting that in hardcover for years. (Interesting that it looks like that one book collects all of the two X-23 Complete Collections, but is listed as a "Volume 1"; what else would be found in a Volume 2?)
    I would presume this is going to cover all her self-titled books excluding the ANW stuff. So the two KYost series, the Liu one-shot and series, and the Tamaki book. So yeah, I'm not sure what else there could be for a Volume 2.

So sorta Laura related but, is it kinda screwed up that the entire Wolverine clan is living it up in paradise and seem to have completely forgotten about Bellona who is basically rotting away somewhere, given that she was arrested by SHIELD but SHIELD doesn’t exist anymore. Even Gabby hasn’t even so much as mentioned her once and seems to have replaced her with Laura and Daken as her siblings. Hell, how is she even alive with those claws but no healing factor to counter the poisoning effect of them?

Maybe she's dead then? Since she has neither the claws nor a healing factor naturally, she isn't a mutant, and therefore even without the clone rule which nearly left Gabby permanently dead (the New Mutants had to plead her case, which led to both Gabby getting resurrected and No-Girl, who'd body-jacked her, also getting a new body) she can't be brought back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She's in goverment custody, probably a prison, and there are treatments for heavy metal poisoning; but more likely, given it was a cybernetic implant, it is sheathed in some non-toxic material, if it was even adamantium to begin with, which I'm not sure was even established.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    She's in goverment custody, probably a prison, and there are treatments for heavy metal poisoning; but more likely, given it was a cybernetic implant, it is sheathed in some non-toxic material, if it was even adamantium to begin with, which I'm not sure was even established.
    And could very well have been removed since its entire purpose was to allow her to frame Laura for the Dalesville Massacre as a failsafe.

Astonishing Member

Since when was adamantium established as poisonous to humans in general?

From what i recall and someone correct me please if i so do wrongly, it's harmfull effect on Logan's health if his healing factor is supressed, is not because of the metal itself, but the fact that his entire skeleton had been coated in it, blocking off his bone marrow from the rest of his blood stream and therefor preventing the natural replacement of new blood cells (red, white, platlettes).

So the "poisoning" that occurs from his skeleton being covered in adamantium is that his body would start to break appart as his blood cells start dying off naturaly without replacement. Nutrients and oxygen aren't transported anymore, his immune system collapses and any damage done to his body isn't repaired anymore.

Which is the reason why people without full blown healing factor like Bullseye can also have adamantium in their bodies without suffering such effects.

So just having cybernetic implants, that are not rejected by the body via some means, which allow someone to immitate Wolverine's or his kin adamantium claw setup, should not have much of a detrimental effect on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I would presume this is going to cover all her self-titled books excluding the ANW stuff. So the two KYost series, the Liu one-shot and series, and the Tamaki book. So yeah, I'm not sure what else there could be for a Volume 2.
    Double-checked the video and it's just the stuff in the those two collections (the Kyle/Yoast miniseries, Liu's series, and the relevant side stuff), no Tamaki.

On thinking it over, the "Vol. 1" could be to future proof it, so if and when more solo series are added, the spines will match for a second omnibus with Tamaki's series and the rest.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

A Laura reference in the new Rick and Morty trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Since when was adamantium established as poisonous to humans in general?

From what i recall and someone correct me please if i so do wrongly, it's harmfull effect on Logan's health if his healing factor is supressed, is not because of the metal itself, but the fact that his entire skeleton had been coated in it, blocking off his bone marrow from the rest of his blood stream and therefor preventing the natural replacement of new blood cells (red, white, platlettes).

So the "poisoning" that occurs from his skeleton being covered in adamantium is that his body would start to break appart as his blood cells start dying off naturaly without replacement. Nutrients and oxygen aren't transported anymore, his immune system collapses and any damage done to his body isn't repaired anymore.

Which is the reason why people without full blown healing factor like Bullseye can also have adamantium in their bodies without suffering such effects.

So just having cybernetic implants, that are not rejected by the body via some means, which allow someone to immitate Wolverine's or his kin adamantium claw setup, should not have much of a detrimental effect on the body.
    It’s honestly inconsistent with the harmful effects. I remember back during Avengers Academy that Laura ended up getting depowered in one arc, the adamantium coating Laura’s claws was killing her and she had to keep them out to slow the poisonous effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s honestly inconsistent with the harmful effects. I remember back during Avengers Academy that Laura ended up getting depowered in one arc, the adamantium coating Laura’s claws was killing her and she had to keep them out to slow the poisonous effect.
    Suppose surgically removing them and replacing them when she was re-powered wasn't considered.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Suppose surgically removing them and replacing them when she was re-powered wasn't considered.
    It wasn’t an option considering the way it happened was a trick from someone who had seemed to come benevolently, they were attacked almost right away after and things just kinda kept escalating from there. She was only depowered for a couple hours max.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering the writers of the series admitted they weren't very well informed about how Laura's powers work (IE that she actually heals faster than Logan, not slower, whereas Academy says the opposite) I'd take anything that book says about them with a huge grain of salt.