Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

You know...X-Men 97 was announced literally a day after Fortnite announced that Dark Phoenix was in the game. Fortnite announced X-23 a couple of weeks after the Deadpool 3 news. Hmm...
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-16-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    You know...X-Men 97 was announced literally a day after Fortnite announced that Dark Phoenix was in the game. Fortnite announced X-23 a couple of weeks after the Deadpool 3 news. Hmm...
    So we are now at the point where any small or supporting appearance of characters outside the comics, even of prominent ones like X-23, has to be hoped and speculated for?

To be honest there is a massive drought of stand alone X-men media for a while now, even with the late FoX-Men movies.

15 years without a proper new cartoon show and no stand alone X-men video games for 8 year (the last also having been a serious stinker). Which means very little chance of appearing outside the comics and their own dubious writing quality these days.
    All while Marvel Studios seems either overly secretive and hindering or downright clueless what do with the property, while Disney itself has been ignorant of the value of video games on their properties for a long time now.

Also i don't think there is any kind of hidden marketing synergy between anything released as crossover content in Fortnite and planned appearance of future Marvel media.

Though i do feel an X-23 appearance in Deadpool 3 is quite likely.

BANNED

Amber Midthunder is being linked to X-23 in the MCU.

Her performance has led fans to believe that the actress is perfect for playing the character of Laura Kinney, aka X-23, in the upcoming X-Men movies.
    Uh, I haven't seen ANYONE say this. Almost every fan casting I see of X-23 for the MCU calls for Dafne Keen to return.

As much as I loved Amber in Legion, she's much too old for Laura. She could be a good Dani, though.

Sooo...

spoilers:
    Today Laura is in two comics, kind of.
    First: Crypt of Shadows story is short what if, Laura and Man-Thing fought for centuries. She wants to recruit him for help in some battle or whatever (writer doesn't care). But the fight starts.
    Reason for that? Man Thing producing something like trigger scent to send Laura in rage going back to her TS!X-23 persona. And they fight literary forever.
    Art is creepy, story is fine, but feels a bit lazy. I didn't get how it triggered her if trigger scen has no more effect on her. Maybe it's different universe and Jean never set her free.

Second: Yes, Vault!Laura is alive. Forge wanted to find Darwin, found Wolverine instead - just one last page shows her in stasis pod or something. He comments that it's AT LEAST ONE Wolverine too many, which I find bit rude. Wonder if in the end they will merge two of them, or we'll end up with another clone (we kind of already did?)
    I'm interested but afraid what are they going to do with it. I want to know her Vault story, how she and Clone!Laura will react to each other. I fear that she will be used as a prize to give to Synch to fuel his story. Time will tell.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Sooo...

spoilers:
    First: Crypt of Shadows story is short what if, Laura and Man-Thing fought for centuries. She wants to recruit him for help in some battle or whatever (writer doesn't care). But the fight starts.
    Reason for that? Man Thing producing something like trigger scent to send Laura in rage going back to her TS!X-23 persona. And they fight literary forever.
    Art is creepy, story is fine, but feels a bit lazy. I didn't get how it triggered her if trigger scen has no more effect on her. Maybe it's different universe and Jean never set her free.
    end of spoilers
    It feels like over the past decade(s) Marvel comics management has essentialy allowed a "who cares anyway?" mentality to foster within it's office when it comes to the handling of characters both by editorial and writers alike, resulting in rampant inconsistency in regards to characters.

While this has to some degree always existed within the publisher, it feels like it was previously kept in check by the need for product quality or just people taking their job serious.

Essentialy it seems to be mostly up to the writers alone to bother about researching, remembering or adressing anything about the characters they work with, with the editors all but indifferent unless something bothers them personaly about it.

However while it's always been the case that many writers can't be bothered to invest this kind of energy, especialy in characters that might simply be handed to them, rather than those they would want to write. Only now, it's unlikely someone steps in to force them to do so for sake of consistency, brand identity, story quality and plain professionalism.

So chances it was really just lazyness, combined with the possibility that the story was never meant to be canon anyway.

spoilers:
    Second: Yes, Vault!Laura is alive. Forge wanted to find Darwin, found Wolverine instead - just one last page shows her in stasis pod or something. He comments that it's AT LEAST ONE Wolverine too many, which I find bit rude. Wonder if in the end they will merge two of them, or we'll end up with another clone (we kind of already did?)
    I'm interested but afraid what are they going to do with it. I want to know her Vault story, how she and Clone!Laura will react to each other. I fear that she will be used as a prize to give to Synch to fuel his story. Time will tell.
    end of spoilers
    A heroic sacrifice seems very likely here and if the writer wants a transfer of memories for the sake of drama.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-19-2022 at 04:27 AM.

Sooo...

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    This is going to get people talking. Makes me wonder how that'll change the strategy for taking down the Vault. Because it will definitely have to change now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is going to get people talking. Makes me wonder how that'll change the strategy for taking down the Vault. Because it will definitely have to change now.
    They can always fire another death star laser in and destory it all in the last pannels of the storyline, like they did with the Ghost Box people.

Those too were super duper powerfull and easily wiped out multiple X-men teams and Marvel heros via "you got to take our word for it" sequences. Just like the Arraki, just like the Children of the Vault.

So i don't think it changes much. They just need to suddently pull out the right super weapon to resolve the danger at the last minute.

Astonishing Member

Laura "Editorial is going to make me do the am I real/ deserve to exist arc again aren't they ?"

Sooo...

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    It was a great issue. the panel of moon knight with his cape as the crescent moon was stunning. But for the laura story i really enjoyed the art here and im kind of wondering if her journey was lowkey a meta take on what someone tosses away to become vegan. lol. it just seemed like such a weird and intentional place to mention that but i found myself laughing as a person who was meat free for a year at one time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

As expected as it is (pretty much everyone predicted right from the start that Vault!Laura wasn't dead. Plus the cat was already out of the bag thanks to that one Wolverine or whatever cover that showed Vault!Laura and Nu!Laura together) I'm not pleased about this development at all. The Vault arc was already a colossal waste.

GOD I wish the Avengers Office would take control of her...

Astonishing Member

The Crypt of Shadows Laura story against Man-thing has the most amount of Laura cheesecake that I seen for a while as expected from Warren art athough Adam Warren drew her a little too buff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As expected as it is (pretty much everyone predicted right from the start that Vault!Laura wasn't dead. Plus the cat was already out of the bag thanks to that one Wolverine or whatever cover that showed Vault!Laura and Nu!Laura together) I'm not pleased about this development at all. The Vault arc was already a colossal waste.

From what i hear the grass ain't much greener on that side either. If she would be moved there chances are good she will get another Avengers: Arena treatment.

Stand alone (including from the entire current X-men status quo) under a writer who cares seems to be the only chance characters like her would have to get good writing at the moment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Unless Aaron is out, avengers will treated her so much worse

My prediction for this story is that the Lauras will find that they are in some way unable to coexist, thus validating that the resurrection protocols are true resurrection but at the same time forcing a choice to be made regarding what to do with the two Lauras.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    My prediction for this story is that the Lauras will find that they are in some way unable to coexist, thus validating that the resurrection protocols are true resurrection but at the same time forcing a choice to be made regarding what to do with the two Lauras.
    She should be different enough. Potentially 1000s of years old now making synch look like a toddler (which makes me smile manically.) and one of Laura has adamantium bonded to her body from Proteus mistake and the other does not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/