Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But it’s not like they engineered OML to be the flagship book. It didn’t even have the Wolverine name on it. Rather it was customer response to it that made it so. Not really sure how that’s on Marvel honestly. They’re a business and they put books out that they want to sell. OML was a good seller because there was clearly customer demand for it.

As for him being on two teams, X-men Gold and Weapon X, well that’s because those writers wanted to use him. In the case of Gold, because they were going for a classic Claremont/Byrne X-men team; and in the case of Weapon X because that was the pitch, former Weapon X-ers and killers being forced to work together against he shadowy organization. And it’s not like Laura wasn’t also on a team during that time, so I’m not sure I concur that she wasn’t given a fair shot… or maybe I just don’t agree with your definition of “fair” which seems to amount to needing to have Logan off the board completely in order for Laura to thrive. I don’t see it that way and think there’s room for both, even if Logan is more popular. He likely always will be.
    Extraordinary was the Flagship after Secret Wars, and the Old Man got it. Laura got saddled in Hopeless' shipping fic in ANXM. And then in the relaunch when OML got Gold, Weapon X, and Astonishing, Laura WASN'T on a team. ANXM was ended and replaced with Blue, which she wasn't on.

The way I would do it, based on where we are right now in the Krakoan Age and if Marvel was really serious about Laura becoming the Wolverine and not just sharing the title with him like Peter Parker and Miles Morales share the Spider-man title, is to have some in-story explanation for him handing the mantle off to her. He basically validated her also using the codename in an issue of Hickman’s X-men, but they could go further than that if they wanted to…

1) Coming out of whatever hell he goes through in XLoW/XDoW, he reflects on his life and tells Laura that he’s tried to play the superhero but just doesn’t believe he’s lived up to it and he’s got to continue doing the ugly things necessary to protect Krakoa, so she is The Wolverine and needs to continue to be better and not be what they made her… something like that where he formally passes the torch and essentially denounces himself as Wolverine, telling her that he’s always been “a weapon” and he just doesn’t see that changing;

2) Subsequently there will be times where another character (a friend or foe) calls him Wolverine and he reminds them that he’s not the Wolverine anymore, and for any foe he explains why that isn’t a good thing, because The Wolverine is a superhero and he “ain’t that”… right before he guts them;

3) Keep Logan confined to his solo book and X-Force, running the mutant CIA (obviously allowing for appearances in big events and guest appearances in non-X-titles); and

4) Retitle his book Weapon X and launch a new Wolverine book starring Laura (yes, I know Logan wouldn’t voluntarily go by Weapon X after what they did to him and I’m not advocating he take that as a codename, rather he would just go by Logan but his book needs a catchy title so I think calling it Weapon X and explaining to the reader in the intro page that “Before he was Wolverine the mutant named Logan was experimented on and brainwashed into an assassin capable of taking out superhuman threats… he was Weapon X” or something like that).

Those four steps would put Laura more fully into the Wolverine role in the X-men and broader Marvel U while Logan heads in a different, darker direction. I know many of my fellow Logan fans would hate it, but honestly it wouldn’t bother me. Nor does the current set up with both of them being Wolverine bother me honestly. So I’m good either way.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-07-2022 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The way I would do it, based on where we are right now in the Krakoan Age and if Marvel was really serious about Laura becoming the Wolverine and not just sharing the title with him like Peter Parker and Miles Morales share the Spider-man title, is to have some in-story explanation for him handing the mantle off to her. He basically validated her also using the codename in an issue of Hickman’s X-men, but they could go further than that if they wanted to…

1) Coming out of whatever hell he goes through in XLoW/XDoW, he reflects on his life and tells Laura that he’s tried to play the superhero but just doesn’t believe he’s lived up to it and he’s got to continue doing the ugly things necessary to protect Krakoa, so she is The Wolverine and needs to continue to be better and not be what they made her… something like that where he formally passes the torch and essentially denounces himself as Wolverine, telling her that he’s always been “a weapon” and he just doesn’t see that changing;

2) Subsequently there will be times where another character (a friend or foe) calls him Wolverine and he reminds them that he’s not the Wolverine anymore, and for any foe he explains why that isn’t a good thing, because The Wolverine is a superhero and he “ain’t that”… right before he guts them;

3) Keep Logan confined to his solo book and X-Force, running the mutant CIA (obviously allowing for appearances in big events and guest appearances in non-X-titles); and

4) Retitle his book Weapon X and launch a new Wolverine book starring Laura (yes, I know Logan wouldn’t voluntarily go by Weapon X after what they did to him and I’m not advocating he take that as a codename, rather he would just go by Logan but his book needs a catchy title so I think calling it Weapon X and explaining to the reader in the intro page that “Before he was Wolverine the mutant named Logan was experimented on and brainwashed into an assassin capable of taking out superhuman threats… he was Weapon X” or something like that).

Those four steps would put Laura more fully into the Wolverine role in the X-men and broader Marvel U while Logan heads in a different, darker direction. I know many of my fellow Logan fans would hate it, but honestly it wouldn’t bother me. Nor does the current set up with both of them being Wolverine bother me honestly. So I’m good either way.
    All of this would work, and would actually make for great storytelling for both characters. It's also something Marvel would never do.

Does anybody else have a strong feeling that the original Laura is still alive and might come back to the present? It would make Reborn!Laura an actual clone, which would be ironic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Does anybody else have a strong feeling that the original Laura is still alive and might come back to the present? It would make Reborn!Laura an actual clone, which would be ironic.
    Because if there's anything Laura needs, it's MORE existential angst.

BANNED

So, this popped up in my Facebook Memories feed today:

It's crazy to think that this shot across the bow by Taylor has become even MORE relevant over time.

Can someone please provide scan where it was stated that Laura was in her 20s?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because if there's anything Laura needs, it's MORE existential angst.
    Technically, almost all the X-Men are clones now. So its no big deal.

Astonishing Member

I did honestly expect a plot point to eventually be Charles to drop the pretense of resurrection and start mass producing certain Omegas to make an army, but I doubt that’s going to happen with Hickman gone.

I hope Laura gets some good writing and development this year, and hopefully not connected to that stuff with Synch.

BANNED

It was from the second (I believe) part of Orphans of X, when Daken exposes the fake Sarah and tells Laura, "When they cloned you twenty years ago..." And then in Tamaki's book she had a birthday. So she's either 20 or 21.

Except this is literally one of Laura's hot-button issues. She was willing to let Ghost Rider use his Penance Stare on her FOR NO OTHER REASON than it would prove she had a soul, regardless of how much agony it might leave her in (which at the time she also felt she deserved).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-13-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It was from the second (I believe) part of Orphans of X, when Daken exposes the fake Sarah and tells Laura, "When they cloned you twenty years ago..." And then in Tamaki's book she had a birthday. So she's either 20 or 21.
    Thanks!

Except this is literally one of Laura's hot-button issues. She was willing to let Ghost Rider use his Penance Stare on her FOR NO OTHER REASON than it would prove she had a soul, regardless of how much agony it might leave her in (which at the time she also felt she deserved).
    Aren't the X-books depicting memories as souls, anyway?

Astonishing Member

Thanks!

Aren't the X-books depicting memories as souls, anyway?
    Technically? I don’t think Hickman really cared that much about the cannon around souls in Marvel and didn’t really want to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Technically? I don’t think Hickman really cared that much about the cannon around souls in Marvel and didn’t really want to address it.
    I don't blame him. What souls are and their function in the Marvel universe is poorly defined and inconsistent.

BANNED

"Alone in the Dark" by Forty-Fathoms

How has there never been a Daredevil/X-23 crossover?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How has there never been a Daredevil/X-23 crossover?
    Not sure why The closest we've gotten was Matt declaring himself her lawyer while Cap was interrogating her during Target X, and trying to protect her because he realized she was a victim. I'd actually thought a story arc where Laura is on trial — with Matt as her lawyer — for the killings she perpetrated as X-23 could have been interesting.

Thing is, if anyone ever bothered to remember her connections to Fisk you'd think that would be natural grounds to bring them together in a story, too (especially after Orphans of X).