Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

There's two Laura's now?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member

For a quick update on AOA laura. Sabertooth is here dad now and they cut off one of her hands to look more like aoa logan

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    There's two Laura's now?
    Yes, original Laura who was trapped in the Vault and presumed dead, and the "resurrected" Laura. (They're calling the former Alpha, so presumably the latter is Beta)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Yes, original Laura who was trapped in the Vault and presumed dead, and the "resurrected" Laura. (They're calling the former Alpha, so presumably the latter is Beta)
    Well...I guess you know you've hit it big in the X-Men when there's and older version of yourself running around at the same time as your younger self...
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member

So I got marvel anatomy. Three things of note
    1. Her Claw placement is explained the same way it was in logan
    2. She's stated as logans genetic twin again
    3. It's implied trigger scenes could stillneffect her (assuming it would have to be in a significantly extreme doace)but its apprently so rare/ hard to crewte bp cant pecure a sample to make a antidote.

Note: the book is from black panthers pov and his understanding of them not the characters themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So I got marvel anatomy. Three things of note
    1. Her Claw placement is explained the same way it was in logan
    2. She's stated as logans genetic twin again
    3. It's implied trigger scenes could stillneffect her (assuming it would have to be in a significantly extreme doace)but its apprently so rare/ hard to crewte bp cant pecure a sample to make a antidote.

Note: the book is from black panthers pov and his understanding of them not the characters themselves
    Kind of happy to hear that; the fix always came off as to quick, easy and perfect.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Kind of happy to hear that; the fix always came off as to quick, easy and perfect.
    The fix came off as exactly how you WOULD fix it. Emma couldn't do it because they didn't have a sample of the Trigger to work with, whereas Jeen actually got to see what was going on inside Laura's brain while she was under. The Trigger served its purpose. Bringing it back at this point would just be a needless "angst button."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The fix came off as exactly how you WOULD fix it. Emma couldn't do it because they didn't have a sample of the Trigger to work with, whereas Jeen actually got to see what was going on inside Laura's brain while she was under. The Trigger served its purpose. Bringing it back at this point would just be a needless "angst button."
    To clarify, I'm not arguing the logic, it narratively came off as cheap and unsatisfying; a long running personal issue just abruptly and easily gone; quick, easy or perfect, pick two.
    The idea it still has some nominal effect, makes it less so.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-26-2022 at 06:56 AM.
    Context is king.