Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
I am still can't forgave Winnick for the unnecesary retcon on Ice origin.
Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
AS far as we knew then, Ice had come from a race of ancient northern ice dieties, who decided to join the Global Guardians and be a part of our own current day society. We had gone as far as see the JLA meet her people in the 90's (Such meeting is collected in Wonder Woman and the Justice League Vol. 01). Winnick decided that this story was all a lie that Ice told herself to forget that she was a sort of mutant from a Gypsy crime family, whose father hid her from her grandfather, which was the family's crime lord. In trying to escape from her grandfather, Tora lost control of her powers and killed her whole family. So, Winnick effectively transformed on of the League's most hopeful and innocent characters into Killer Frost.
I love Generation Lost, but I've always hated Winnick's work. I've always found him to be what I call a "shock value writer", a writer who doesn't care if what he is writing makes sense or not, is faithful to the character or not, as long as he gets to shock his audience. I think he stuck a lot with what Giffen plotted for JLGL, which explains my fondness for the series, other than LOVING the characters, of course, but I'm sure that retcon is all Winnick.

Peace
Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That...sounds so unnecessarily dark.

I never made the Killer Frost connection until you mentioned it. I always saw it as giving Ice an Angel/Archangel alter ego to augment her powers. We have too many killer ice villains (3 Killer Frosts, Icicle, Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold). Keep Tora pure of heart and good.