Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The next superboy shouldn't be kryptonian nor have the same abilities..He shouldn't be a sidekick or better yet he should be this outcast vigilante away from superhero community as whole ..my view
    I wouldn't count on that. Superboy (and Supergirl) as a concept are extremely associated with Superman and Krypton.

So, the most likely is that the next Superboy will still have Kryptonian powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I wouldn't count on that. Superboy (and Supergirl) as a concept are extremely associated with Superman and Krypton.

So, the most likely is that the next Superboy will still have Kryptonian powers.
    I concur with this thesis, Professor Konja7. The next Superboy being a metahuman with Kryptonian-esque powers would be a nice play on expectations too.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Superboy prime should say hi..He ain't kryptonian.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Superboy prime should say hi..He ain't kryptonian.
    Superboy-Prime is a Kryptonian that was teleported to Earth instead of sent by rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Superboy-Prime is a Kryptonian that was teleported to Earth instead of sent by rocket.
    Wasn't he supposed to be from an earth that doesn't have all that mumbo jumbo,is normal?was powered by some secret identity kinda thing?i don't remember exactly the stories connected to the character.

Wasn't he supposed to be from an earth that doesn't have all that mumbo jumbo,is normal?was powered by some secret identity kinda thing?i don't remember exactly the stories connected to the character.
    Yeah, Earth-Prime had a Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, Earth-Prime had a Krypton.
    Missed opportunity then..

Jon going into a team of former or current sidekicks is a disservice(i say that without looking down on being a sidekick)..The Superboys or supermen aren't meant to join a club.They aren't titan material.
    Yeah, 5 days later, this is still wrong on so many levels. Clark himself joined the Legion, Justice Society, and various incarnations of Justice League. Superboy Conner has been in Young Justice and the Teen Titans. Kid Jon being a member of well any of those would be par for the course.

The current fake, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, 5 days later, this is still wrong on so many levels. Clark himself joined the Legion, Justice Society, and various incarnations of Justice League. Superboy Conner has been in Young Justice and the Teen Titans. Kid Jon being a member of well any of those would be par for the course.He would rather leap over some building.

The current fake, whatever.
    Not part of the course.. Didn't do any good for conner.
    Goldenage earth-other superman(not siegel superman) joined jsa. These teams aren't meant to be for proteges that come of age.what's next?clark kent joins the titans?yeah!no..Superman as he was envisioned by siegel wouldn't sit around in a club house is my view.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-18-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Not part of the course.. Didn't do any good for conner.
    Goldenage earth-other superman(not siegel superman) joined jsa. These teams aren't meant to be for proteges that come of age.what's next?clark kent joins the titans?yeah!no..Superman as he was envisioned by siegel wouldn't sit around in a club house is my view.
    Yeah, that's not helping your argument. Besides which, even the JSA has a younger generation of proteges and successors.

And when Siegel Superman was around, teams hadn't really been formed yet, outside of Batman and Robin (Dick popped up a year or two after Bruce did).

Fact of the matter is though, every Super has been part of one team or another since the Golden Age. Sometimes multiple teams at once.

Expect Jon to join the next iteration of the JL in the present day either after the next Crisis or before it. Guessing this Death of the JL story is meant to facilitate a take on the FS JL forming
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Real Jon showed up in the Nightwing preview. That was nice. Wish we could have gotten a whole story on this instead of what we're gonna get.

Only negative here is the red Nightwing suit -___-

Real Jon lives!

But yeah, the red Nightwing suit is a little off putting.

Real Jon looks glorious here:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Real Jon lives!

But yeah, the red Nightwing suit is a little off putting.
    Right up there with Discowing as one of his looks that needs to stay dead and buried.