Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Why even make it a mini at all? Why not just do it in the main title if not to try and artificially increase sales?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Those are orders sold to store not actual people.
    This doesn't answer where they got the numbers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The point wasn't comparing main or side books..it was merely stating change in direction across board is a habitual thing in dc that leads to cancellations.
    Your point wasn't. My post was responding to a number of previous comments including one that compared the sales of Super Sons to Superman: SOKL.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I'm just saying, DC has a funny way of showing they're not bringing Kid!Jon back when they keep making new stories about him, like the recent Halloween special and those upcoming series of Dan Jurgens back-ups.

Incredible Member

What makes it funnier is that it means Jon basically has his dad's Pre-Crisis set-up of having current day adventures as Superman and flashback adventures as Superboy at the same time.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yep!i have said it was gonna be like that.That's how it was always..Superboy adventures where always published along with superman..Until the lawsuit that is.Jon can be more precrisis than his postcrisis dad..If they do things right.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-16-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Amazing Member

I've disliked this entire fiasco for several reasons.

First, Conner Kent is a perfectly fine character who was ALREADY the first to be prematurely aged up and if you want to do the whole "does he live up to the name" route, Jon has nothing on him in terms of his personal sacrifice and the true burden of wearing that symbol. Clark should have gone to Conner first to ask him if he wanted to shoulder the load while he was away, especially given all the extra years that Conner has as a hero. Frankly, it was a decision that I feel was disrespectful, which is not really out of character for Clark. Conner has put in the time on the clock to discover that this is the life he truly wants to lead. Jon was thrown into the fire without any real experience. Why the hell is the older and more experienced of the two called Superboy?

Secondly, Jon fit that pre-teen niche perfectly. Writers have more freedom in characterization in a way because younger characters are allowed to make mistakes. Jon's inquisitiveness and Damian's overconfidence is an easy source for good stories.

Jon coming to terms with his own sexuality as he grows up and the things that come with that is a much more meaningful story than a guy who just decides one day that he wants to bone a pink haired asian dude who is part of a foreign militia, literally everyone in his life is perfectly okay with it, and the first person to judge him is a man who became a gorilla, but really only just to mess with him. Still not as bad as the most recent Tim Drake story where he suddenly had legs that are a foot longer than he's ever been depicted as having them before as well as sticking his ass out with every chance he got and behaving like... I don't even know what that's supposed to be, but it reads like the sort of slash fiction a 7th grader would write.

Finally, I feel like the Phaelosian kids they're introducing as part of Clark's family are just there to try and placate people who disliked the aging up of Jon. "See, he's still got actual kids" is just... stupid. Not as stupid as the way they were originally planning the rolling out of 5G that started this whole stupid fiasco, but stupid enough. I wonder how long it's going to take for them to either get stuck in Kandor or on New Krypton with the Zods because they're too much of a pain in the butt to keep track of.

Spectacular Member

I really doubt the new kids will be popular. From what little I’ve read they don’t have a lot of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I really doubt the new kids will be popular. From what little I’ve read they don’t have a lot of personality.

They are there for a purpose,not to be actual characters .hopefully DC does right by them ,while doing right by the rest
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I mean that may change, before this they were just gladiatorial slaves on an alien war world. Now they will be on earth with a loving family so who knows how they may react.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    They are there for a purpose,not to be actual characters .hopefully DC does right by them ,while doing right by the rest
    You mean like the "right" they've done past kid characters?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean that may change, before this they were just gladiatorial slaves on an alien war world. Now they will be on earth with a loving family so who knows how they may react.
    Problem is, they're competing for panel time with a lot of characters.

I'd rather read about Superboy-Prime than these new kids. But isn't this a Jon Kent thread? Let's talk about how he's about to be a big brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd rather read about Superboy-Prime than these new kids. But isn't this a Jon Kent thread? Let's talk about how he's about to be a big brother!
    Ah, he'll follow in his parents' footsteps and lead to them being tortured for years on end in the clutches of his father's evil doppelganger. This time on Earth X.

Spectacular Member

People are delusional if they think those kids are going to survive competing with the queer son of Superman(Jon) and Superman and Luthor’s son(Conner)

The only way those kids have staying power is through outside media adaptations, being the children of Mongul, or a ****-ton of luck

The first order of business should be to make them flameBird and shadow-wing
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 10-23-2022 at 11:55 AM.

These kids could be an okay consolation prize for losing Jon. For the first time in a while, I actually am interested in seeing where things go with the Superfamily. But yeah, they'll be fighting a bit of an uphill battle. Because while they may be a replacement for Jon, in terms of Clark and Lois getting a second shot at being good parents, they're still...not Jon.

I'm curious to see how they give people everything they missed out on with Jon's growth while still making these kids their own thing and not just a retread of what we had before. It's why I've said in the past that just giving Clark and Lois another kid isn't necessarily the right answer. But, unfortunately, it's the most realistic compromise so...eh. We'll see where this goes. I'm already kinda scared DC is gonna try and recreate the Super Sons with them and the West twins.

I still think that, if anything, this leaves Jon in an even weirder position. Like...what is his purpose gonna be from this point on? The twins are covering the role he once had as the kid being raised by Clark and Lois. Conner's back as Superboy. Clark is back as the Superman with an ongoing and the Superman most people are gonna give a **** about. Hell, he doesn't even have being the only LGBT+ member of the family anymore since Natasha's apparently back in the fold. Where does that leave him after his mini is done? What does he bring to the family now that nobody else can bring? A boyfriend who's more interesting than him?
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-24-2022 at 08:03 PM.