Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Borrowed this link from the Damian Wayne Appreciation thread. The British Board of Film Classification has revealed the full title of the Battle of the Super Sons movie as Batman & Superman: Battle of The Super Sons.

Looks like Starro is the main villain of the movie.
    Kind of surprised by the explicit content, or at least the language.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That too is a surprise. The first Super Sons arc did show an implied murder scene of Kid Amazo's family (which was later revealed to be robotic duplicates) but overall the series wasn't too gory or bloody. The body gore and language in this will definitely wall this movie off from the younger market, which would be an ideal target demographic for the Super Sons movie to be pitched to. They'd just have to reduce the language and gore. Not sure why the explicit content was played up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They better have that moment where Jon says "Like hell I will!" before immediately saying "I mean, like heck I will..."

That too is a surprise. The first Super Sons arc did show an implied murder scene of Kid Amazo's family (which was later revealed to be robotic duplicates) but overall the series wasn't too gory or bloody. The body gore and language in this will definitely wall this movie off from the younger market, which would be an ideal target demographic for the Super Sons movie to be pitched to. They'd just have to reduce the language and gore. Not sure why the explicit content was played up here.
    I'd say BoSS will be as graphic and explicit as any other action shonen series. Super Sons has more in common with series like Naruto than it does with shows like Teen Titans 2003 and both of those appeal to similar demographics.
    Last edited by garazza; 06-20-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Waiting for the day Jordan gets added to the comics like Harley Quinn.
    Or you could be waiting like those for Sarah Lance to be added.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Or you could be waiting like those for Sarah Lance to be added.
    They might as well, need an arrow for Andy Curry's generation. Not sure about Jon/Yara's if Emiko's there.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

It's the same as Shazam's and that's the same target demo.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

https://twitter.com/wolfsvile/status...797569/photo/1

Man, DC really did just leave money on the table, huh? Like, look at how easy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post

Man, DC really did just leave money on the table, huh? Like, look at how easy it is!
    And then some. Its a shame, a crime, and still waiting for the fake jon to be ousted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And then some. Its a shame, a crime, and still waiting for the fake jon to be ousted.
    It shows just how strong an impression Jon left on fans that even after 4 years, he's still just as popular and beloved. If that's not the definition of successful, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Jon has had relationship with womean before
    He had a crush on Kathy Branden the alien young girl living next to the Kent farm but that crush kinda ended after they aged him up
    then there was a relationship with Saturn girl during the Bendis era after aging him up but that relationship went really nowhere with him going on random dates and ends off-screen because no on really wanted to do anything with it and honestly no one like it.

Is he a virgin? don't know. They never mention it

Is Jay is first same sex bf? yes
    Yeah, Kathy just disappeared after Bendis took over the Super books. A cameo in the Terrifics and that's it. Just before Tomasi was booted off the book, she was given a superhero codename, Beacon. It's clear that she's an aborted arc. I think the best chance of her coming back is if they give Tomasi the Teen Titans. Also, since she's an alien, they could actually give her race a faster adolescence. In other words, age her up to match Jon. That would avoid some awkward questions, as doesn't she live alone because her grandfather died?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They better have that moment where Jon says "Like hell I will!" before immediately saying "I mean, like heck I will..."

I'd say BoSS will be as graphic and explicit as any other action shonen series. Super Sons has more in common with series like Naruto than it does with shows like Teen Titans 2003 and both of those appeal to similar demographics.
    It sounds like BoSS will be on par with other shonen series for bloodiness and mature language. It's just a surprise because I don't think the comics were that excessively violent. There was the occasional bit of strong language, but overall it could have been an all ages series with some tweaks.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So do we know when the battle of the super sons will be out then?

Also still love the picture.

I'm okay if Jon and Damian are about 14 or 15 in this case. As long as it's not this giant age gap thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So do we know when the battle of the super sons will be out then?

Also still love the picture.

I'm okay if Jon and Damian are about 14 or 15 in this case. As long as it's not this giant age gap thing.
    Probably around August/September, I would assume.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Awesome ..just what i would prefer
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"