Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    These kids could be an okay consolation prize for losing Jon. For the first time in a while, I actually am interested in seeing where things go with the Superfamily. But yeah, they'll be fighting a bit of an uphill battle. Because while they may be a replacement for Jon, in terms of Clark and Lois getting a second shot at being good parents, they're still...not Jon.

I'm curious to see how they give people everything they missed out on with Jon's growth while still making these kids their own thing and not just a retread of what we had before. It's why I've said in the past that just giving Clark and Lois another kid isn't necessarily the right answer. But, unfortunately, it's the most realistic compromise so...eh. We'll see where this goes. I'm already kinda scared DC is gonna try and recreate the Super Sons with them and the West twins.

I still think that, if anything, this leaves Jon in an even weirder position. Like...what is his purpose gonna be from this point on? The twins are covering the role he once had as the kid being raised by Clark and Lois. Conner's back as Superboy. Clark is back as the Superman with an ongoing and the Superman most people are gonna give a **** about. Hell, he doesn't even have being the only LGBT+ member of the family anymore since Natasha's apparently back in the fold. Where does that leave him after his mini is done? What does he bring to the family now that nobody else can bring? A boyfriend who's more interesting than him?
    Those kids will simply just disappear if things get too crowded

Because that’s how it works

Neither of these kids have a “pitch” to them

Jon does

Conner does

Natasha does

Kara does

Kenan does

The kids…don’t

It’s the pitch, not the actual content, that dictates staying power

If anyone is going to get the Tim drake treatment…it’s always the kids that don’t have a one phrase gimmick to them.

If Jon was an adopted son while the kids are the actual blood children…we would have a different conversation

But that is simply not the case

Assuming if the kids are even permanent…which isn’t even a given either
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 10-24-2022 at 08:26 PM.

Don't forget the fact that DC still keeps publishing Kid!Jon stories, so it's not like they're trying all that hard to make us forget about them.

Yeah, one of the backups is basically a continuation of the Rebirth Action Comics run which came to a sudden end when Bendis took over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, one of the backups is basically a continuation of the Rebirth Action Comics run which came to a sudden end when Bendis took over.
    Is it? It seemed more like a bridge between the DCYou Superman & Lois and Jurgen's Rebirth run.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Yeah, Jurgens' Rebirth run was nowhere near as Jon-centric as this new back-up sounds.

Had to go to the link to be sure, but odd seeing Cassie with short hair. Maybe genderbent?

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Had to go to the link to be sure, but odd seeing Cassie with short hair. Maybe genderbent?
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/324751823105436789/

They went back to her tomboy look, with some added androgyny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Those kids will simply just disappear if things get too crowded

Because that’s how it works

Neither of these kids have a “pitch” to them

Jon does

Conner does

Natasha does

Kara does

Kenan does

The kids…don’t

It’s the pitch, not the actual content, that dictates staying power

If anyone is going to get the Tim drake treatment…it’s always the kids that don’t have a one phrase gimmick to them.

If Jon was an adopted son while the kids are the actual blood children…we would have a different conversation

But that is simply not the case

Assuming if the kids are even permanent…which isn’t even a given either
    At one point I thought Clark and Lois were going to adopt Thao-La. And she’d be the adoptive sister with some tension with Jon. But I guess that’s not the case anymore.

Extraordinary Member

These kids could be an okay consolation prize for losing Jon. For the first time in a while, I actually am interested in seeing where things go with the Superfamily. But yeah, they'll be fighting a bit of an uphill battle. Because while they may be a replacement for Jon, in terms of Clark and Lois getting a second shot at being good parents, they're still...not Jon.

I'm curious to see how they give people everything they missed out on with Jon's growth while still making these kids their own thing and not just a retread of what we had before. It's why I've said in the past that just giving Clark and Lois another kid isn't necessarily the right answer. But, unfortunately, it's the most realistic compromise so...eh. We'll see where this goes. I'm already kinda scared DC is gonna try and recreate the Super Sons with them and the West twins.

I still think that, if anything, this leaves Jon in an even weirder position. Like...what is his purpose gonna be from this point on? The twins are covering the role he once had as the kid being raised by Clark and Lois. Conner's back as Superboy. Clark is back as the Superman with an ongoing and the Superman most people are gonna give a **** about. Hell, he doesn't even have being the only LGBT+ member of the family anymore since Natasha's apparently back in the fold. Where does that leave him after his mini is done? What does he bring to the family now that nobody else can bring? A boyfriend who's more interesting than him?

Does Connor have a purpose? He has fans thats for sure , that how he got his mini series that DC seems very quiet about.

But Jon is the blood son, I hope he remains a second superman, but if he regress back to superboy what is there for Connor? Even if he does not, he's the young adult superboy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does Connor have a purpose? He has fans thats for sure , that how he got his mini series that DC seems very quiet about.

But Jon is the blood son, I hope he remains a second superman, but if he regress back to superboy what is there for Connor? Even if he does not, he's the young adult superboy
    Dc comics would sooner eat **** and die before making Jon Superboy again

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

As with the way of legacy characters, no. Connor had one purpose, that was to be Superboy. Then, the idea got pushed he was the next Superman. Fast forward to Jon, he's stuck in the Superboy role.

unfortunately, it's the most realistic compromise so...eh.
    A smarter compromise would be de-age Jon and have Connor or Kara come out as gay...

His purpose was being Teen Superman... that could hang out with DC's other teen characters...

Even went his title got cancelled he lived on in Young Justice and Teen Titans

Where is Jon going to go when his title eventually gets cancelled?? They can't really put him on YJ with Connor being there and him being on Dick's team would be weird

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    A smarter compromise would be de-age Jon and have Connor or Kara come out as gay...

His purpose was being Teen Superman... that could hang out with DC's other teen characters...

Even went his title got cancelled he lived on in Young Justice and Teen Titans

Where is Jon going to go when his title eventually gets cancelled?? They can't really put him on YJ with Connor being there and him being on Dick's team would be weird
    He was a LoSH member.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He was a LoSH member.
    So was Conner Kent and Supergirl...And they made more sense with the legion

It's all redundant