Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Jon Kent/Superman/Superboy Appreciation 2022

You guys know I had to make this thread myself just to make sure Superman got put in the title

Sooooo, 2021: kind of the biggest year for Jon since the year of his creation. Officially graduated from Superboy to co-Superman alongside his dad, got his own solo ongoing, made his first live action debut in S&L (with aspects of his character also showing up in the other son Jordan) and oh yeah: came out as bi and got his first boyfriend! We also got confirmation of a Super Sons animated movie coming out this year, an animated show based on the Bendis Legion of Superheroes run for HBO Max which would almost assuredly feature him as the POV character, and he’s been showing up in the YJ animated series as well. While there’s still holdouts hoping for him to be deaged, it looks like Jon will be sticking around as an adult for the time being, barring a surprise shake up. 2022 looks like it could be another big year for Jon as he starts to interact with the wider DCU starting with a two part crossover between Superman: Son of Kal-El and Nightwing. I’m also hoping to see a version of the FS JL team happen with Jon joining the League to replace his dad. Exciting times!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Happy 2022 Jon fans !

I know we may all have different options on what directions Jon should be taken but I hope he can get stories we all can enjoy.

I wonder if instead of a version of FS JL with Taylor hinting that both Wally and Dick will be mentors for Jon, I wonder if these crossover overs by Taylor is him slowly building a team where Dick and Wally act as mentors to the next generation Jon, Jackson and Yara.

Mighty Member

DC Preview: Superman: Son of Kal-El #6
    Release Date: January 4, 2022
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/31/dc...n-of-kal-el-6/

Still holding out hope to see my son again in some capacity but, in the meantime, Happy New Year to all of you.

RYC-MzFPnco.jpg

I hope DC bring 10 year old Jon back.

Happy New Year to Jon and fans .

I'm still hoping he'll dtich the cape at some point in his run... but I'm okay with this Superman of Today

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm still hoping he'll dtich the cape at some point in his run... but I'm okay with this Superman of Today

Still a fan of the capeless look myself. Wonder if they ever considered switching up the color scheme for Jon as well? Something other than his dad’s traditional red and blue color scheme?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if they ever considered switching up the color scheme for Jon as well? Something other than his dad’s traditional red and blue color scheme?
    Funny you should mention that because in Bendis' Legion Future State they did at one point get very, very close to GREATLY switching up not just Jon's look but the colors too.

Jon's the one in tan next to Saturn Girl. You can see that his "cape" is more like a rain poncho, and the S shield on the "cape" is in the front and is only visible when the two halves meet. And under the poncho he has a second S shield but in a different color. He also has a bunch of neat stickers and patches on him.

Honestly-- while, yes, it's a pretty "out there" look for a Superman-- I do think it's the most "Jon" look that Jon has had since he was a kid. There's so much personality to this look. There's flare to it that isn't flamboyant like Conner, but kind of "skater boy-ish" in the same way that Jon's sneakers and ripped jeans were. But on top of that it also denotes a sort of "scrapbook" feel that is appropriate for someone who would've by then seen the galaxy in two diffrent time periods. Jon strikes me as the kind of kid who would wear a bunch of stickers and pins that remind him of all he's done. Like a Fortress of Solitude that he wears. I think it's a really fresh and modern take on the look.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Also looks like he was getting his own S-shield. Mixed on the tan look but I do think they should do another attempt at giving Jon a different color scheme.

Also looks like he was getting his own S-shield. Mixed on the tan look but I do think they should do another attempt at giving Jon a different color scheme.
    Maybe if they'd have made it more yellow and red with some blue here and there as sort of a heavy inversion of Clark's colors?

The general look itself is perfect to me. If anyone in the Superman family were going to wear a hoodie it would be Jon.

Now that I think about it, even the way the poncho zips up to from the S is a callback to how Jon's jacket used to zip up to form it. The whole look has a very gen Z vibe to it without being on the nose. Just one more pass with some other colors and this would've been perfect.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am very much a fan of jon getting a power ranger look.A poncho would be awesome.Especially,if they Complete the look with a hat that can act like head gear(scifi).I am not a fan of the hoodie.Hoodie looks are boring as hell.Everyone's doing it these days.captain marvel,robin,black adam..etc.Bit,More blue would be cool as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-01-2022 at 10:30 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Maybe if they'd have made it more yellow and red with some blue here and there as sort of a heavy inversion of Clark's colors?

The general look itself is perfect to me. If anyone in the Superman family were going to wear a hoodie it would be Jon.

Now that I think about it, even the way the poncho zips up to from the S is a callback to how Jon's jacket used to zip up to form it. The whole look has a very gen Z vibe to it without being on the nose. Just one more pass with some other colors and this would've been perfect.
    I like the poncho, the hood, and the s-shield, it’s just the tan color doesn’t “pop” enough for me. Maybe using yellow or orange instead would appeal to me? Hard to say. Could also use different shades of red and blue to differentiate him from his dad more? Darker red and blue maybe?

I like the poncho, the hood, and the s-shield, it’s just the tan color doesn’t “pop” enough for me. Maybe using yellow or orange instead would appeal to me? Hard to say. Could also use different shades of red and blue to differentiate him from his dad more? Darker red and blue maybe?
    The daughters from Secret Identity would be my ideal take on the colors. The yellow dominating with the cape, the red pants, and then the blue top in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Happy 2022 Jon fans !

I know we may all have different options on what directions Jon should be taken but I hope he can get stories we all can enjoy.

I wonder if instead of a version of FS JL with Taylor hinting that both Wally and Dick will be mentors for Jon, I wonder if these crossover overs by Taylor is him slowly building a team where Dick and Wally act as mentors to the next generation Jon, Jackson and Yara.
    Yeah this is what I think is being setup right now. Hope it happens.