Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jon Kent/Superman/Superboy Appreciation 2022

You guys know I had to make this thread myself just to make sure Superman got put in the title

Sooooo, 2021: kind of the biggest year for Jon since the year of his creation. Officially graduated from Superboy to co-Superman alongside his dad, got his own solo ongoing, made his first live action debut in S&L (with aspects of his character also showing up in the other son Jordan) and oh yeah: came out as bi and got his first boyfriend! We also got confirmation of a Super Sons animated movie coming out this year, an animated show based on the Bendis Legion of Superheroes run for HBO Max which would almost assuredly feature him as the POV character, and he’s been showing up in the YJ animated series as well. While there’s still holdouts hoping for him to be deaged, it looks like Jon will be sticking around as an adult for the time being, barring a surprise shake up. 2022 looks like it could be another big year for Jon as he starts to interact with the wider DCU starting with a two part crossover between Superman: Son of Kal-El and Nightwing. I’m also hoping to see a version of the FS JL team happen with Jon joining the League to replace his dad. Exciting times!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Happy 2022 Jon fans !

I know we may all have different options on what directions Jon should be taken but I hope he can get stories we all can enjoy.

I wonder if instead of a version of FS JL with Taylor hinting that both Wally and Dick will be mentors for Jon, I wonder if these crossover overs by Taylor is him slowly building a team where Dick and Wally act as mentors to the next generation Jon, Jackson and Yara.

Mighty Member

DC Preview: Superman: Son of Kal-El #6
    Release Date: January 4, 2022
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/31/dc...n-of-kal-el-6/

Still holding out hope to see my son again in some capacity but, in the meantime, Happy New Year to all of you.

RYC-MzFPnco.jpg

I hope DC bring 10 year old Jon back.

Happy New Year to Jon and fans .

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Happy 2022 Jon fans !

I know we may all have different options on what directions Jon should be taken but I hope he can get stories we all can enjoy.

I wonder if instead of a version of FS JL with Taylor hinting that both Wally and Dick will be mentors for Jon, I wonder if these crossover overs by Taylor is him slowly building a team where Dick and Wally act as mentors to the next generation Jon, Jackson and Yara.
    Yeah this is what I think is being setup right now. Hope it happens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Still a fan of the capeless look myself. Wonder if they ever considered switching up the color scheme for Jon as well? Something other than his dad’s traditional red and blue color scheme?
    I also like the capeless look on Jon, it is more youthful.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Funny you should mention that because in Bendis' Legion Future State they did at one point get very, very close to GREATLY switching up not just Jon's look but the colors too.

I do like the attempt at something different but I don't think it works for me, I feel like the yellow and brown may be too dull but the rain poncho is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah this is what I think is being set up right now. Hope it happens.
    The only person Taylor has not used yet in his crossovers is Yara, and I feel that will happen sooner rather than later.

I’m expecting Yara to cross over with Jon at some point. Will Ridley let Jace meet the other two I wonder?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Their been any word of a new artist coming cause theirs only so much more I can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m expecting Yara to cross over with Jon at some point. Will Ridley let Jace meet the other two I wonder?

Probably depends on what Ridley is doing in terms of establishing Jace as the Batman of NYC. I'd probably expect Taylor to write the story first, seeing as Ridley probably wants to establish his Jace foundation post-Fear State.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.